Post Graduate Volunteer Fair

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Almost every upper classman was a ball of nerves last September 17th, staying up late to update their resumes, perfect their elevator pitches, and choose the right earrings. But what about the upcoming date of October 21st? Two weeks from now, from 4 to 7 pm in the heights room, over 50 organizations will excitedly await to tell you about the full time opportunities they offer to college grads. And the best part? No dress code and no resume required. Here are some of the highlights:

Jesuit Volunteer Core

Can’t get enough of the Society of Jesus? The JVC aims to improve the ability of local organizations to serve their communities by providing them with volunteers through their programs. The programs can last either a year or two, and you can apply either domestically or internationally. Check them out here.

City Year Boston

Most people know someone who participated in City Year after high school, but did you know you could also get involved after college? This program is a year-long commitment (as you may have guessed) where corps members work with at risk children and attempt to close the education gap in poverty stricken communities. You can learn more about the service opportunities they provide here.

Alliance for Catholic Education

ACE Teaching Fellows is a master’s in education program offered at Notre Dame. You achieve your degree in two years, taking classes on campus during the summer, and working in under-resourced Catholic schools around the United States during the academic year. Through the program you get your degree without having to pay a cent, and you will walk away knowing you made an impact in the lives of many. To learn more about the program, visit their website.

There are also dozens of other organizations that will be at the fair on October 21st as well, each offering a unique and fulfilling postgraduate alternative. Come stop by, even if it is just for a few moments – it will be worth your time. And remember – you don’t need to wear a pantsuit or stress about a resume!

Niloufar is a senior at Boston College, majoring in French and English.