Pinterest Fun Fridays on Foster: Christmas Cupcakes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

With Christmas just around the corner, but finals standing in the way, I decided to bake something to get in the Christmas spirit with my roommates. These were super easy to make, really fun, and more importantly took my mind off of my finals for a second.

This Week: Christmas Cupcakes, courtesy of Cupcakes Take The Cake

The Ingredients

• Cake mix (I used brownie mix)
  • 2 eggs
  • ½ cup oil
  • ¼ cup water
  • Vanilla frosting
  • Chocolate frosting 

Making the Cupcakes

1. Follow the instructions on box.

2. Let cool before decorating.

Decorating the Cupcakes

What you need for each cupcake :

• Reindeer – vanilla wafer cookie, red Skittle or M&M, two white candy melts, two chocolate chips, one pretzel
  • Snowman (face) – two malted milk balls, one orange Swedish Fish, chocolate chips
  • Snowman (body) – three white candy melts, a mini Reese’s cup, and a pretzel
  • Snowflake – vanilla frosting, a Ziploc bag (to use for piping frosting), pearl sprinkles
  • Present – square cookie cutter, sprinkles, 2 M&Ms or Skittles
  • Mistletoe – 5 green Swedish Fish, a red M&M or Skittle
  • Christmas Tree – either green Swedish Fish or green sprinkles and M&Ms/Skittles

Final Product

You can make whatever design you like, I just thought I’d try out some to give you a few ideas. Have a Merry, Merry Christmas and a happy New Year! Until next year,

Peace, Love, and Pinterest

-Katherine

Katherine ValentinoSenior in A&S English Major Minor in American Studies, concentration in journalism 
Kelsey Damassa is in her senior year at Boston College, majoring in Communications and English. She is a native of Connecticut and frequents New York City like it is her job. On campus, she is the Campus Correspondent for the Boston College branch of Her Campus. She also teaches group fitness classes at the campus gym (both Spinning and Pump It Up!) and is an avid runner. She has run five half-marathons as well as the Boston Marathon. In her free time, Kelsey loves to bake (cupcakes anyone?), watch Disney movies, exercise, read any kind of novel with a Starbucks latte in hand, and watch endless episodes of "Friends" or "30 Rock."