Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC News

Thankful for Parents' Advice

By Meghan Gibbons
November 22, 2013 - 12:00am

Ever since we were little, our parents have been giving us advice and keeping a caring eye on us to make sure that we are safe, happy, and healthy. Often times, especially in our teenage years, we have pushed this advice away and classified it as our parents being too overbearing.  Once we enter college, however, we learn over the four years that our parents’ advice is not only thoughtful, but also extremely helpful. READ MORE

Living a Gluten-Free Lifestyle

By Nina Tehranian
November 21, 2013 - 12:00am

Being gluten-free sounds like quite the task, but having a gluten-free lifestyle is by no means impossible. Gluten-free diets are the latest and greatest in food trends. However, there are a lot a people who just can’t eat gluten. There are several different kinds of intolerances to gluten that a person can have. A person can have Celiac Disease, have a wheat allergy, or have a gluten intolerance. What is gluten? Well, gluten is a protein found in wheat, barley and rye. It is what allows dough to rise. READ MORE

Why HC BC Loves EF College Break

By Paige Marino
November 21, 2013 - 12:00am

In case you haven’t already realized, being a collegiette is incredibly difficult. We are constantly on the run and always have a million things to do. Wouldn’t it be nice if something was easy for once? Or maybe, dare I say it, even relaxing? Well, friends, here at HC BC, we have found the secret. EF College Break is everything we have been looking for since the dawn of time. As if traveling wasn’t already the best, EF College Break has made it even better. READ MORE

6 Reasons to Spend This Saturday at the HCBC Wonder Bar Event

By Morgan Gibbons
November 21, 2013 - 12:00am

You've seen the blogs, the Facebook event and our posts throughout the week yet you are still wondering whether you want to come out to our first bar night of the year. Don't let the cold keep you in this Saturday night because you will be missing out on a night to remember. Here are six simple reasons to get you out the door and down the B line to Wonder Bar for the HCBC Saturday Night! READ MORE

5 Books You Should Be Reading Right Now

By Carly Christensen
November 20, 2013 - 12:00am

This time of the year can be overwhelming with all the exams, papers, etc., but now you have some time to read (for fun!) over Thanksgiving break! I’m the type of person that will spend every waking moment of a break catching up on a book that doesn’t involve any type of philosophy or gender theory. Assuming there are more people like me out there, here are some books you should spend your time at home reading. For the mystery lover… Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn READ MORE

Getting Your Life Organized: Helpful Tips To Get You Through The Rest of The Semester!

By Nina Tehranian
November 19, 2013 - 12:00am

It is mid-November now; the weather is starting to get colder, school is starting to pick up, and no doubt there have been some disagreements with friends, boys and our families.  I know that for me, this year has been a tough one.  Let us not forget that after all the mental and emotional strain of our day-to-day activities, it doesn’t help to come home to a messy house or dorm room.  So here is some helpful advice in the hopes that it will help get your life back on track and make the end of the semester easier than the start. Friends:  READ MORE

Pros and Cons of Being a Caffeine Addict

By Kristen Gallant
November 19, 2013 - 12:00am

As finals season and the end of the semester approaches, collegiettes sometimes feel the need to have an extra boost of energy from caffeine. Whether your drink of choice is coffee, soda, or energy drinks, you will surely be able to find your fix. As someone who suffers from caffeine addiction, here are my pros and cons: Pros: READ MORE

Spring Break: BC Streak Style

By Morgan Gibbons
November 18, 2013 - 5:00pm

As the winter weather begins to kick in, we cannot help but dream about warmer days. During the day, you may catch yourself daydreaming about warm beaches, delicious frozen drinks, hanging out with your friends by the pool. Why not turn your dreams into a reality by booking a spring break trip offered by BC Streak! BC Streak has paired up with Epicurean Tours to bring you the ultimate Spring Break 2014 packages. The packages are easy and affordable: all you have to do is get all your friends together, fill out the form on the site and wait for a representative to contact you within 24 hours for more details. READ MORE

How to Get Over the Post-Football Senior Slump: HC BC Bar Night!

By Carly Christensen
November 18, 2013 - 12:00am

As all of you seniors know, there was an onslaught of sadness after having our last home football game as undergrad students this past Saturday. We had to confront all the feelings that we have been avoiding since we came back to BC as seniors  Many of us were in denial of the end as we started tailgating in the Mods, celebrating on the field and finally refusing to leave Shea Field after the game. Even though we came out of that game a bowl-eligible football team, a last home football game was just the beginning of things on my list of things I already have to say goodbye to here. READ MORE

Embrace the Barre With Modern Barre!

By Kelsey Damassa
November 18, 2013 - 12:00am

Last Friday, Her Campus BC was invited to try out Modern Barre – the latest addition to the Chestnut Hill fitness scene. Seven of us donned our workout gear and hiked up the Comm. Ave hill for a 12 p.m. class. We arrived early to fill out our new client forms and familiarize ourselves with the studio. Not one of us had prior barre experience, so we had no idea what to expect. READ MORE