Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC News

Hallowiener (AKA The Most Magical Day of the Year)

By Mary Lou Ponsetto, Nina Tehranian
October 28, 2013 - 12:00am

Not much is cuter than cute dogs in the Boston Common, except for dogs in Halloween costumes. This past weekend, there were doggies in disguise all over the Boston Common at the Annual Hallowiener Event. Dachshunds from around the area put on their best Halloween attire and came out for a doggone good day in the park! Check out some pictures form this year's event! READ MORE

Announcing the 3rd Annual HC BC Halloween Costume Contest!!

By Kelsey Damassa
October 28, 2013 - 12:00am

It’s that time of year again. You know - the time of year when a pumpkin is found on every porch, leaves crinkle and crunch with every step you take, and kids of all ages excitedly await the arrival of October 31st… Halloween. While we are all technically adults now, that doesn’t mean we can’t participate in the haunted happenings of Halloweekend. Trick or treating probably is out of the question (let’s save the candy for the little kids), but dressing up for a night…or two… or three is totally acceptable. If the parents from Hocus Pocus were able to rock some pretty awesome costumes, then BC collegiettes can, too! READ MORE

Ready Your Instagram: The Best Coffee Shops That Aren’t Hillside

By Gabby Alleyne
October 28, 2013 - 12:00am

We, the people of Boston College, love a good cup of coffee. Nothing hits the spot quite like the perfect Skinny Sugar-Free-Vanilla Latte, a Skinny Mocha Latte, or a Skim Macchiato. And don’t get me started on the Iced Dirty-Chai, light on the ice. Hillside is everyone’s favorite coffee spot on campus (sorry, Chocolate Bar—since your move, you’ve disappointed us). But sometimes, Hillside can get way too busy and a little overwhelming. Waiting in a cluster with 15 other students who are all desperate for their caffeine fix isn’t anyone’s favorite thing to do. And getting your coffee stolen? Talk about a bummer. READ MORE

While You Were Out: This Week's Top News

By Ashley Goncalves
October 27, 2013 - 9:50am

Red Sox Are Down in the Series 2-1 After having an amazing first game against the St. Louis Cardinals this past Wednesday, winning 8-1, the Red Sox have proceeded to lose the following two games. Everyone loves an underdog and hopefully that is what the Red Sox are setting up for us, a nice little come back series. Game 4 is scheduled for tonight at 8:15 p.m. and will be played at Busch Stadium in St. Louis. Tomorrow’s game will also be a home game for the Cardinals before games 6 and 7 come back to Boston where the Red Sox will hopefully show that with a stadium full of cheering and adoring fans, there is no way they can lose. READ MORE

Roxy's vs. El Pelón Halloween Mash-up

By Paige Marino
October 27, 2013 - 12:00am

Join Roxy's Grilled Cheese and El Pelón in celebrating Halloween a little early this year! On Wednesday, October 30th, Roxy's will be making burrito-inspired grilled cheese, using El Pelón ingredients while El Pelón serves up a Roxy's grilled cheese-inspired burrito. If you buy a ticket in advance, you are guaranteed one grilled cheese, one burrito, a limited edition Roxy’s/ El Pelón t-shirt and a ballot. READ MORE

Winter is Coming: How to Survive a Cold in College

By Anne Flick
October 26, 2013 - 12:00am

In the words of Ned Stark, winter is coming. And in case you haven’t been receiving the multiple emails from University Health Services, flu season is on its way. It’s a harsh fact of New England winters; they’re cold and although you might love everyone on your floor, germs spread like crazy in dorms. From one unlucky immune system to another one, here are some tips for surviving a cold in college.   Tip 1: Stock Up Now READ MORE

Freshman Year DOs and DON'Ts

By Olivia Garcia
October 25, 2013 - 12:00am

Freshman year of college is not only one of the most fun years of your life, but it is also one of the most difficult. For most freshmen, this is the first time that you are responsible for taking care of yourself, and you don’t want to abuse this new freedom. Here is a list of some things to do as a freshman, and some things you should stay away from: DOs: 1. Go cheer on your Eagles at sporting events! BC has a division one sports program, so take advantage and go become a Superfan!  2. Get involved in a club or service program! Joining extracurricular activities will not only help you find new friends, but will also help you figure out what it is that you are truly interested in. READ MORE

4 Accessories that Work for Multiple Halloween Costumes

By Brigid Wright
October 24, 2013 - 12:00am

READ MORE

BC Bus Etiquette

By Ashley Goncalves
October 23, 2013 - 12:00am

It can be the bane of our existence during the week or a source of entertainment on a Friday night. It can be quiet, calm, and peaceful or it can be similar to a monkey’s cage at the zoo with people swinging from the bars. What could possibly provide us with such polar opposite experiences? The BC bus. Whether it is the Comm Ave or Newton Bus, we rely on these buses to transport us to class, from class, and to various parts of Cleveland Circle. Recently, I have experienced some awful BC bus etiquette so I decided to come up with a list of 10 rules to which we should all adhere to while riding the bus. Trust me, it will only make it a better experience for all involved. READ MORE

BC in Review: Nourish

By Caroline Hone
October 22, 2013 - 12:00am

Welcome to the newest feature on Her Campus BC- the “BC In Review” segment. Here I will be talking about and reviewing different things happening around the BC campus- anything from a class at the Plex to a new food in the dining hall or drink at the Chocolate Bar- and giving you more information about it as well as my opinion on whether you should give it a try or maybe a pass. For my first review, I will be talking about a word that is trending in the dining halls these days: “nourish." Maybe some of you have heard about the Nourish campaign, but if you have absolutely no idea what I’m talking about, that is what my review is for! Let me “nourish” your brain with more information about this new healthy eating campaign....