Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC News

Gifts That Give Back

By Alli Hess
November 29, 2013 - 12:00am

Looking for the perfect gifts for your friends and family, but also want to contribute to the larger community during this season of giving? Here are some of the many organizations that have amazing products and that also give back! Keep in mind that Boston College’s Fair Trade Holiday Sale is on Wednesday, December 11, 2013 on the 2nd floor of Corcoran Commons. Click here for more info on the sale and the organizations attending.   Shoes (and Eyewear) Toms READ MORE

Fifteen Thankful Animals

By Nadya Karpova
November 28, 2013 - 12:00am

As Thanksgiving approaches, most of us are excited to stuff ourselves with turkey, cranberry sauce, and your mom’s delicious mashed potatoes. Yet let’s not forget that besides eating an embarrassingly large amount of food, Thanksgiving is also a time to reflect on what you have and what you are thankful for. Therefore, I present to you adorable animals that might help us remember the true purpose of Thanksgiving. Here is what they are thankful for, as told from their perspectives. Muah! I’m thankful for my hubby!   READ MORE

11 Eclectic Instagram Accounts

By Rose Ermer
November 28, 2013 - 12:00am

We all know how fun it is to follow our friends on Instagram, seeing their late night escapades, pet pictures, and selfies. However, if you want to use Instagram to its full potential consider following some of these great interest-based accounts!     1. Whimsy: cintascotch Javier Perez posts whimsical and creative sketches based around household objects.     2. Outdoors: natgeo READ MORE

Seasonal Affective Disorder: Do You Have It?

By Kristen Gallant
November 27, 2013 - 12:00am

I have heard a lot of my friends talk about how they get upset when winter comes. What many people do not know is that there is a type of depression that can be more than just the “winter blues.” This depression, called Seasonal Affective Disorder, is present in many individuals, especially women. It is also more prominent in areas that have less exposure to sunlight in the winter months (I’m looking at you, Boston!). READ MORE

Eating Right When You’re Eating Too Much: A Guide to Tackling Thanksgiving Dinner

By Mary Lou Ponsetto
November 26, 2013 - 12:00am

You’re going to overeat this Thanksgiving. But don’t worry, there’s nothing wrong with that fact! Thanksgiving is a time to celebrate everything you’re thankful for, and what can you be more grateful for than food? So eat it and enjoy it! The advice I suggest is not meant to be taken as a way to diet over the break, but instead a way to make sure that the calories you do consume count. Try to make the most out of what precious room you have in your stomach by filling it with more protein and vitamins than fat, salt, and sugar.   READ MORE

HC Nottingham's Thoughts on Thanksgiving

By Kelsey Damassa
November 25, 2013 - 12:00am

It's time for another interview with our UK Sister Chapter... HC Nottingham! In the spirit of Thanksgiving, we asked them what they think of the American holiday - everything from the purpose of the holiday to what they think "Turducken" is. They even gave us a little history lesson on Guy Fawkes!   1. Do you have a Thanksgiving or an equivalent to Thanksgiving in the UK? READ MORE

What is Happening at the Boston College Campus School?

By Paige Marino
November 25, 2013 - 12:00am

Recently, there has been a great deal of attention surrounding the pending collaboration between the Boston College Campus School and the Kennedy Day School. As an officer of the Campus School Volunteers, I have the opportunity to clarify a few points of confusion. READ MORE

While You Were Out: This Week's Top News

By Molly Sugrue
November 24, 2013 - 12:00am

In case you missed any of the top headlines this week, Her Campus BC is here to give you a great recap! JFK Assassination Anniversary Friday, November 22, 2013, marked the fifty-year anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. Numerous documentaries and news reports covered the memorial of that sad day and the life of President Kennedy. Fifty years later, people are still mourning the loss and are left wondering what our world would have looked life if he had not died so young.   READ MORE

The New CW Must Watch Show: Reign

By Christina Leme
November 24, 2013 - 12:00am

The dictionary defines a guilty pleasure as “something, such as a movie, television program, or piece of music that one enjoys despite feeling that it is not generally held in high regard.” And I have to say the new CW TV show Reign is exactly that. And now I am attempting to make it my “un-guilty” pleasure by telling you all about it. Okay so it’s basically a show about Mary Queen of Scots when she moves to France to marry the prince. However, things are not so simple when she arrives there. Not only is the prince unsure if marrying into Scotland is in France’s best interest, but also a potential love triangle ensues. The prince’s illegitimate brother has also fallen for Mary. READ MORE

Lower's Best Offerings

By Gabby Alleyne
November 23, 2013 - 12:00am

Lower. Lower Live. Corcoran Commons. Whatever you like to call it, Lower is the watering hole of Boston College. Imagine it like that scene in “Mean Girls” when Lindsay Lohan is watching people interact at the mall fountain, except slightly less violent. Then again, it could be mistaken for an actual watering hole after 1 a.m. on any given Friday or Saturday night. READ MORE