Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC News

She's the First Bake Sale this Friday!

By Meghan Gibbons
October 30, 2013 - 12:00am

What could be better than a delicious cupcake? How about buying a delicious cupcake where the proceeds go to a great cause! The opportunity to indulge while raising money for She's the First is here! Her Campus BC and Strong Women Strong Girls at BC are hosting a bake sale in the Mac Lobby from 11am-2pm this Friday, November 1st, and all the proceeds are going to She's the First! Cash Only! READ MORE

College Fashion Week Boston: From Models' Perspectives

By Alana Dolan, Meaghan Leahy
October 29, 2013 - 12:00am

The Estate came to life Saturday night as Her Campus’s College Fashion Week made its fourth and final stop in Boston. Collegiette models rocked the runway, sporting five looks: READ MORE

BC in Review: Pumpkin Spice Latte

By Caroline Hone
October 29, 2013 - 12:00am

If there is any one thing that signifies the fall season for me, it is the pumpkin spice latte.  Being a coffee addict and lover of all things pumpkin-flavored, I consider the pumpkin spice latte the most perfect coffee drink for my favorite season of the year.  The delicious blend of spices combined with a bold pumpkin flavor epitomizes fall time and I do not consider it be fall time unless I have consumed my first pumpkin spice latte of the year.  For those of you non-coffee drinkers out there, this delicious concoction is created with espresso, steamed milk, pumpkin-flavored syrup and spices including cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.  Delish! READ MORE

Dress With Respect Campaign

By Ashley Goncalves
October 29, 2013 - 12:00am

Halloween week has arrived and with it comes copious amounts of candy and the pressure to find just the perfect costume. However, all one has to do is walk into any give party store to find that the Halloween costumes are becoming more and more offensive. When did we as a society start losing sight of what Halloween is supposed to be all about? When did we start turning it from a holiday all about fun and creativity to a holiday in which we mimic and mock others? The eve of All Saints’ Day, Halloween, as it has become known was when witches, goblins, black cats, and ghosts were said to roam around at night, hence the traditional Halloween costumes that many of us have donned at some point in our lives. READ...

Announcing the 3rd Annual HC BC Halloween Costume Contest!!

By Kelsey Damassa
October 28, 2013 - 12:00am

It’s that time of year again. You know - the time of year when a pumpkin is found on every porch, leaves crinkle and crunch with every step you take, and kids of all ages excitedly await the arrival of October 31st… Halloween. While we are all technically adults now, that doesn’t mean we can’t participate in the haunted happenings of Halloweekend. Trick or treating probably is out of the question (let’s save the candy for the little kids), but dressing up for a night…or two… or three is totally acceptable. If the parents from Hocus Pocus were able to rock some pretty awesome costumes, then BC collegiettes can, too! READ MORE

Ready Your Instagram: The Best Coffee Shops That Aren’t Hillside

By Gabby Alleyne
October 28, 2013 - 12:00am

We, the people of Boston College, love a good cup of coffee. Nothing hits the spot quite like the perfect Skinny Sugar-Free-Vanilla Latte, a Skinny Mocha Latte, or a Skim Macchiato. And don’t get me started on the Iced Dirty-Chai, light on the ice. Hillside is everyone’s favorite coffee spot on campus (sorry, Chocolate Bar—since your move, you’ve disappointed us). But sometimes, Hillside can get way too busy and a little overwhelming. Waiting in a cluster with 15 other students who are all desperate for their caffeine fix isn’t anyone’s favorite thing to do. And getting your coffee stolen? Talk about a bummer. READ MORE

Hallowiener (AKA The Most Magical Day of the Year)

By Mary Lou Ponsetto, Nina Tehranian
October 28, 2013 - 12:00am

Not much is cuter than cute dogs in the Boston Common, except for dogs in Halloween costumes. This past weekend, there were doggies in disguise all over the Boston Common at the Annual Hallowiener Event. Dachshunds from around the area put on their best Halloween attire and came out for a doggone good day in the park! Check out some pictures form this year's event! READ MORE

While You Were Out: This Week's Top News

By Ashley Goncalves
October 27, 2013 - 9:50am

Red Sox Are Down in the Series 2-1 After having an amazing first game against the St. Louis Cardinals this past Wednesday, winning 8-1, the Red Sox have proceeded to lose the following two games. Everyone loves an underdog and hopefully that is what the Red Sox are setting up for us, a nice little come back series. Game 4 is scheduled for tonight at 8:15 p.m. and will be played at Busch Stadium in St. Louis. Tomorrow’s game will also be a home game for the Cardinals before games 6 and 7 come back to Boston where the Red Sox will hopefully show that with a stadium full of cheering and adoring fans, there is no way they can lose. READ MORE

Roxy's vs. El Pelón Halloween Mash-up

By Paige Marino
October 27, 2013 - 12:00am

Join Roxy's Grilled Cheese and El Pelón in celebrating Halloween a little early this year! On Wednesday, October 30th, Roxy's will be making burrito-inspired grilled cheese, using El Pelón ingredients while El Pelón serves up a Roxy's grilled cheese-inspired burrito. If you buy a ticket in advance, you are guaranteed one grilled cheese, one burrito, a limited edition Roxy’s/ El Pelón t-shirt and a ballot. READ MORE

Winter is Coming: How to Survive a Cold in College

By Anne Flick
October 26, 2013 - 12:00am

In the words of Ned Stark, winter is coming. And in case you haven’t been receiving the multiple emails from University Health Services, flu season is on its way. It’s a harsh fact of New England winters; they’re cold and although you might love everyone on your floor, germs spread like crazy in dorms. From one unlucky immune system to another one, here are some tips for surviving a cold in college.   Tip 1: Stock Up Now I can tell you right now that the last thing you want to do when you’re sick is leave your bed. READ MORE