Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Features

Great Websites for Personalized Gifts

By Kristin Morisseau
December 1, 2013 - 12:00am

I’ve always liked to give gifts more then I liked to get them. I would scour the mall during my middle school days- trying with no avail to find a gift that would properly convey my appreciation and love for family members. I have since made an important discovery that can take any plain gift from drab to fab- and that little secret is MONOGRAMING!  READ MORE

The Curse of the Thanksgiving Food Coma

By Elizabeth LeRoux
November 30, 2013 - 12:00am

The turkey has been carved, the cranberry sauce served, and the pumpkin pie devoured. In the hours following a large Thanksgiving meal, I always make a pact never to consume food again (of course, I always end up eating leftovers the very next day). One of our dear family friends refers to his post-meal state on our couch as “a beached whale.” I can’t help but relate to this sentiment. The Thanksgiving “food coma”, however, lasts far beyond the hours following the meal. READ MORE

Gifts That Give Back

By Alli Hess
November 29, 2013 - 12:00am

Looking for the perfect gifts for your friends and family, but also want to contribute to the larger community during this season of giving? Here are some of the many organizations that have amazing products and that also give back! Keep in mind that Boston College’s Fair Trade Holiday Sale is on Wednesday, December 11, 2013 on the 2nd floor of Corcoran Commons. Click here for more info on the sale and the organizations attending.   Shoes (and Eyewear) Toms READ MORE

Fifteen Thankful Animals

By Nadya Karpova
November 28, 2013 - 12:00am

As Thanksgiving approaches, most of us are excited to stuff ourselves with turkey, cranberry sauce, and your mom’s delicious mashed potatoes. Yet let’s not forget that besides eating an embarrassingly large amount of food, Thanksgiving is also a time to reflect on what you have and what you are thankful for. Therefore, I present to you adorable animals that might help us remember the true purpose of Thanksgiving. Here is what they are thankful for, as told from their perspectives. Muah! I’m thankful for my hubby!   READ MORE

11 Eclectic Instagram Accounts

By Rose Ermer
November 28, 2013 - 12:00am

We all know how fun it is to follow our friends on Instagram, seeing their late night escapades, pet pictures, and selfies. However, if you want to use Instagram to its full potential consider following some of these great interest-based accounts!     1. Whimsy: cintascotch Javier Perez posts whimsical and creative sketches based around household objects.     2. Outdoors: natgeo READ MORE

Seasonal Affective Disorder: Do You Have It?

By Kristen Gallant
November 27, 2013 - 12:00am

I have heard a lot of my friends talk about how they get upset when winter comes. What many people do not know is that there is a type of depression that can be more than just the “winter blues.” This depression, called Seasonal Affective Disorder, is present in many individuals, especially women. It is also more prominent in areas that have less exposure to sunlight in the winter months (I’m looking at you, Boston!). READ MORE

Eating Right When You’re Eating Too Much: A Guide to Tackling Thanksgiving Dinner

By Mary Lou Ponsetto
November 26, 2013 - 12:00am

You’re going to overeat this Thanksgiving. But don’t worry, there’s nothing wrong with that fact! Thanksgiving is a time to celebrate everything you’re thankful for, and what can you be more grateful for than food? So eat it and enjoy it! The advice I suggest is not meant to be taken as a way to diet over the break, but instead a way to make sure that the calories you do consume count. Try to make the most out of what precious room you have in your stomach by filling it with more protein and vitamins than fat, salt, and sugar.   READ MORE

HC Nottingham's Thoughts on Thanksgiving

By Kelsey Damassa
November 25, 2013 - 12:00am

It's time for another interview with our UK Sister Chapter... HC Nottingham! In the spirit of Thanksgiving, we asked them what they think of the American holiday - everything from the purpose of the holiday to what they think "Turducken" is. They even gave us a little history lesson on Guy Fawkes!   1. Do you have a Thanksgiving or an equivalent to Thanksgiving in the UK? READ MORE

What is Happening at the Boston College Campus School?

By Paige Marino
November 25, 2013 - 12:00am

Recently, there has been a great deal of attention surrounding the pending collaboration between the Boston College Campus School and the Kennedy Day School. As an officer of the Campus School Volunteers, I have the opportunity to clarify a few points of confusion. READ MORE

While You Were Out: This Week's Top News

By Molly Sugrue
November 24, 2013 - 12:00am

In case you missed any of the top headlines this week, Her Campus BC is here to give you a great recap! JFK Assassination Anniversary Friday, November 22, 2013, marked the fifty-year anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. Numerous documentaries and news reports covered the memorial of that sad day and the life of President Kennedy. Fifty years later, people are still mourning the loss and are left wondering what our world would have looked life if he had not died so young.   READ MORE