Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Features

How To Make Your Resolutions Last

By Samantha Schroeder
January 13, 2014 - 12:00am

At midnight on New Year’s Eve, every person feels as if they have a clean slate. They have the ability to become something greater - that’s why resolutions are made. Resolutions can be about getting in shape, saving money, or just being an overall better person. If you’re like me, you have a whole list of resolutions that you hope to keep, but that can get difficult. Now is the time when it starts to get harder and harder to get out of bed and go to the gym or to restrain yourself from buying that cute dress for spring break. So, how do you resist all these temptations? Here are a few ways: Keep Track Of Your Progress READ MORE

While You Were Out

By Jessica Lyons
January 12, 2014 - 10:37am

It’s been a long 3 weeks, BC! Here are some of the top stories while you were out on winter break. Chris Christie Scandal READ MORE

How to Build Arm Candy

By Kelly Mallory
January 12, 2014 - 12:00am

Arm candy stands as one of this season’s biggest trends, and one of the best ways to dress up any outfit. Bracelets on bracelets on bracelets, and the occasional watch! If you don’t know how to build arm candy, I am going to break it down for you in four easy steps, and feed your online shopping addiction simultaneously. Step One: Start with a watch. The watch can be any color; However, I usually prefer gold or silver just to match a majority of bracelets out there. READ MORE

Goals for Next Semester

By Diana Sanborn
December 21, 2013 - 12:00am

Now that the semester is over and we are all finally done with finals, I know the last thing any of us want to think about is next semester, but now is the perfect time to do so. After all, this semester’s triumphs and shortcomings are still fresh on our mind. Now is the time to reflect on how things went this past semester and think about what we can do to improve things for semesters to come. We tend to make the same mistakes semester after semester and with the start of a new year comes the chance to break that cycle. Here are some goals to keep in mind and think about over winter break before we head back to BC in January: READ MORE

My Favorite Christmas Candies

By Remy Hassett
December 20, 2013 - 12:00am

The month between Thanksgiving and Christmas is probably my favorite time of the year. Yes, as we’ve grown older, this month has become less about counting down the days until Santa comes and more about endlessly writing papers and studying for exams. But even with this added stress, preparing for the holidays is always fun! Decorating with Christmas lights and all things red and green, drinking hot cocoa, and listening to Christmas music are all great ways to de-stress and help get you in a Christmas-y mood, but one of my favorite things to do is make Christmas candy! READ MORE

10 Most Awkward Things That Could Happen on a First Date

By Christina Leme
December 20, 2013 - 12:00am

A fact that I’ve slowly come to embrace is that I’m kind of clumsy. So you can imagine over the years that I’ve learned how to gage how awkward things could ever get. This personal list consists of the worst-case scenarios that could happen on a first date. Disclaimer: some of these may or may not have already happened to me. READ MORE

The Ultimate BC Girl Christmas List

By Paige Marino
December 19, 2013 - 12:00am

With Christmas right around the corner, it’s about time to start thinking about things you need (read: want really, really badly). It may seem immature to write these things down, but you’ve been good all year. It’s about time someone thanks you for it. Here is a list of things you could probably find on any BC girl’s Christmas list. Another Northface, because it will get cold An unlimited supply of frozen yogurt For CSOM guys to have to dress up for presentations everyday READ MORE

Websites with Flash Sales

By Katie Barry
December 19, 2013 - 12:00am

There is nothing more gratifying than getting a dress or shirt that you’ve been wanting for months for 50% off. This may seem impossible, but in fact there is a whole world of online shopping dedicated to sites that do exactly this. From clothes to shoes to jewelry, everything that you may ever want is included on these sites that offer insane deals for up to two days only. It’s like Black Friday every single day when you are racing to get the best deal before something sells out or the deal runs out. Welcome to the magical world of flash sales: 1)    Rue La La READ MORE

Quick and Healthy Meals for Finals

By Gabby Alleyne
December 18, 2013 - 12:00am

If you are reading this, you’re probably taking a break from studying for finals. Good for you; breaks are healthy. Finals week is stressful, but I don’t need to tell you that. It’s a time when most of us are stuck in the library or some study space flipping through the pages of our notes wondering why the heck we didn’t pay more attention in class. Finals are a time when minimal fun is had, at least for those of us who aren’t seniors. Finals are a time when we have to somehow fit in studying, taking exams, hanging out with our friends, and packing to go home. READ MORE

How Not to Bring Your Whole Closet Home for Break

By Anne Flick
December 17, 2013 - 12:00am

If you’re anything like me, you brought a lot of clothes to college, more than you’d care to admit. This winter break, my vacation time is going to be divided into three parts: visiting family, a ski hotel vacation, and my couch at home. So whether you’re packing for one of these, or all three, here’s my advice. General Rules: READ MORE