Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Features

5 Jobs You Might Be Qualified For

By Paige Marino
January 15, 2014 - 12:00am

Around this time of year, many of us are looking for summer internships or even real life jobs. If you’re anything like me, you might be wondering (panicking over) whether or not you are qualified for anything at all. While taking a break from swimming through hundreds of LinkedIn profiles and links on Google (Search: “What can I do with an English major?”) I realized there are many jobs that I might actually be qualified for. Who knows, maybe you’re qualified, too!   Job #1: Reality TV Star READ MORE

Study Abroad: Why Gaining Weight is Okay

By Briana Galluccio
January 14, 2014 - 12:00am

Dear Collegiettes, Some of you may have just recently returned from a semester abroad. Some of you may be leaving for your adventures now. Either way, this relates to you. Whether we admit it or not, gaining weight abroad is one of our biggest fears. At least, it was for me. I recently studied abroad in Parma, Italy for a semester. Yes, you may also know it as the Bread Basket of Italy or the Food Capital of the world, that Parma. I went into my semester knowing that I was going to eat the best food in my entire life, and I went in accepting the fact that I might gain a little weight. What I did not realize, however, was how that took a toll on me. READ MORE

Mayor Walsh: a Leader, a Learner, a Listener

By Meghan Gibbons
January 14, 2014 - 12:00am

After two decades of serving as Boston’s mayor, Mayor Menino stepped down as mayor on Monday, January 6th.  A former BC alumni replaced him, Marty Walsh, who was inaugurated into office right here on the Boston College campus at Conte Forum. Although many of us are not permanent residents of the area, we consider Boston our home. For four years, we spend more time here amongst our peers and exploring the streets of Boston than anywhere else, so it is important to know what changes are coming to Boston. READ MORE

Top 5 Moves for a Full-Body Workout

By Kelly Mallory
January 13, 2014 - 12:00am

Sometimes doing bicep curls while standing there scanning the gym for hot guys just doesn’t cut it. For us BC girls, we like killing two birds with one stone, or getting toned with one move! Here are some of the best moves that work your whole body at once—even in your dorm when the Plex seems unbearable.   1. Burpees Jump up as high as possible, then bend down and kick your legs out so you’re in a push-up position. Bring your chest to the ground, bending at the elbows, and keep that booty in the air. Jump your legs back to your hands, and stand back up—that’s one! This move works: EVERYTHING--butt, shoulders, core, cardio READ MORE

Who Will Get a Rose This “Juan-uary”?

By Lexie Pereira
January 13, 2014 - 12:00am

Juan Pablo, The Bachelor. ABC’s The Bachelor is off to a “Juan-derful” start. Season 18’s bachelor, Juan Pablo Galavis, is a hot, Venezeulan, former pro-soccer player (did I say hot?!), 32-year-old single dad who is searching for the love of his life. We missed the boat, girls, but we can live vicariously through the lucky ladies who met him last Monday night! READ MORE

How To Make Your Resolutions Last

By Samantha Schroeder
January 13, 2014 - 12:00am

At midnight on New Year’s Eve, every person feels as if they have a clean slate. They have the ability to become something greater - that’s why resolutions are made. Resolutions can be about getting in shape, saving money, or just being an overall better person. If you’re like me, you have a whole list of resolutions that you hope to keep, but that can get difficult. Now is the time when it starts to get harder and harder to get out of bed and go to the gym or to restrain yourself from buying that cute dress for spring break. So, how do you resist all these temptations? Here are a few ways: Keep Track Of Your Progress READ MORE

While You Were Out

By Jessica Lyons
January 12, 2014 - 10:37am

It’s been a long 3 weeks, BC! Here are some of the top stories while you were out on winter break. Chris Christie Scandal READ MORE

How to Build Arm Candy

By Kelly Mallory
January 12, 2014 - 12:00am

Arm candy stands as one of this season’s biggest trends, and one of the best ways to dress up any outfit. Bracelets on bracelets on bracelets, and the occasional watch! If you don’t know how to build arm candy, I am going to break it down for you in four easy steps, and feed your online shopping addiction simultaneously. Step One: Start with a watch. The watch can be any color; However, I usually prefer gold or silver just to match a majority of bracelets out there. READ MORE

Goals for Next Semester

By Diana Sanborn
December 21, 2013 - 12:00am

Now that the semester is over and we are all finally done with finals, I know the last thing any of us want to think about is next semester, but now is the perfect time to do so. After all, this semester’s triumphs and shortcomings are still fresh on our mind. Now is the time to reflect on how things went this past semester and think about what we can do to improve things for semesters to come. We tend to make the same mistakes semester after semester and with the start of a new year comes the chance to break that cycle. Here are some goals to keep in mind and think about over winter break before we head back to BC in January: READ MORE

My Favorite Christmas Candies

By Remy Hassett
December 20, 2013 - 12:00am

The month between Thanksgiving and Christmas is probably my favorite time of the year. Yes, as we’ve grown older, this month has become less about counting down the days until Santa comes and more about endlessly writing papers and studying for exams. But even with this added stress, preparing for the holidays is always fun! Decorating with Christmas lights and all things red and green, drinking hot cocoa, and listening to Christmas music are all great ways to de-stress and help get you in a Christmas-y mood, but one of my favorite things to do is make Christmas candy! READ MORE