Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Features

Goals for Next Semester

By Diana Sanborn
December 21, 2013 - 12:00am

Now that the semester is over and we are all finally done with finals, I know the last thing any of us want to think about is next semester, but now is the perfect time to do so. After all, this semester’s triumphs and shortcomings are still fresh on our mind. Now is the time to reflect on how things went this past semester and think about what we can do to improve things for semesters to come. We tend to make the same mistakes semester after semester and with the start of a new year comes the chance to break that cycle. Here are some goals to keep in mind and think about over winter break before we head back to BC in January: READ MORE

My Favorite Christmas Candies

By Remy Hassett
December 20, 2013 - 12:00am

The month between Thanksgiving and Christmas is probably my favorite time of the year. Yes, as we’ve grown older, this month has become less about counting down the days until Santa comes and more about endlessly writing papers and studying for exams. But even with this added stress, preparing for the holidays is always fun! Decorating with Christmas lights and all things red and green, drinking hot cocoa, and listening to Christmas music are all great ways to de-stress and help get you in a Christmas-y mood, but one of my favorite things to do is make Christmas candy! READ MORE

10 Most Awkward Things That Could Happen on a First Date

By Christina Leme
December 20, 2013 - 12:00am

A fact that I’ve slowly come to embrace is that I’m kind of clumsy. So you can imagine over the years that I’ve learned how to gage how awkward things could ever get. This personal list consists of the worst-case scenarios that could happen on a first date. Disclaimer: some of these may or may not have already happened to me. READ MORE

The Ultimate BC Girl Christmas List

By Paige Marino
December 19, 2013 - 12:00am

With Christmas right around the corner, it’s about time to start thinking about things you need (read: want really, really badly). It may seem immature to write these things down, but you’ve been good all year. It’s about time someone thanks you for it. Here is a list of things you could probably find on any BC girl’s Christmas list. Another Northface, because it will get cold An unlimited supply of frozen yogurt For CSOM guys to have to dress up for presentations everyday READ MORE

Websites with Flash Sales

By Katie Barry
December 19, 2013 - 12:00am

There is nothing more gratifying than getting a dress or shirt that you’ve been wanting for months for 50% off. This may seem impossible, but in fact there is a whole world of online shopping dedicated to sites that do exactly this. From clothes to shoes to jewelry, everything that you may ever want is included on these sites that offer insane deals for up to two days only. It’s like Black Friday every single day when you are racing to get the best deal before something sells out or the deal runs out. Welcome to the magical world of flash sales: 1)    Rue La La READ MORE

Quick and Healthy Meals for Finals

By Gabby Alleyne
December 18, 2013 - 12:00am

If you are reading this, you’re probably taking a break from studying for finals. Good for you; breaks are healthy. Finals week is stressful, but I don’t need to tell you that. It’s a time when most of us are stuck in the library or some study space flipping through the pages of our notes wondering why the heck we didn’t pay more attention in class. Finals are a time when minimal fun is had, at least for those of us who aren’t seniors. Finals are a time when we have to somehow fit in studying, taking exams, hanging out with our friends, and packing to go home. READ MORE

While You Were Out: This Week's Top News

By Nina Tehranian
December 17, 2013 - 12:00am

This past week, I know that everyone has been getting ready for finals and trying to get through the last push before break. It's been tough and maybe you haven’t been keeping up with what’s been going on in the world outside the BC bubble. Here’s a quick recap of the past week! The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show READ MORE

How Not to Bring Your Whole Closet Home for Break

By Anne Flick
December 17, 2013 - 12:00am

If you’re anything like me, you brought a lot of clothes to college, more than you’d care to admit. This winter break, my vacation time is going to be divided into three parts: visiting family, a ski hotel vacation, and my couch at home. So whether you’re packing for one of these, or all three, here’s my advice. General Rules: READ MORE

The Search for “The Plastics”: A Social Experiment of Lower Dining Hall

By Blake Acquarulo
December 16, 2013 - 12:00am

“You got your... freshmen, ROTC guys, preps, JV jocks, Asian nerds, cool Asians, Varsity jocks, unfriendly black hotties, girls who eat their feelings, girls who don't eat anything, desperate wannabes, burnouts, sexually active band geeks, the greatest people you will ever meet, and the worst: Beware of plastics.” –Mean Girls READ MORE

The Holidays at HC Nottingham

By Kelsey Damassa
December 16, 2013 - 12:00am

With the semester winding down and the holiday season in full swing, we thought we’d bring you one more cross-ocean interview with our amazing UK Sister Chapter, HC Nottingham! We asked them some questions about Christmas and New Year’s Eve in the UK. Read on to learn how they celebrate the holiday season across the pond! 1. Do you say Merry Christmas or Happy Christmas? Controversial! It depends - I think I’d normally say Merry Christmas, but it’s nice to have a change with Happy sometimes! READ MORE