Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Features

HC BC's 12 Days of Christmas

By Kelsey Damassa
December 9, 2013 - 12:00am

Extra, extra, read all about it!! The 12 days of Her Campus BC Christmas are starting today! Now through December 20th, we are recreating the classic Christmas carol with various HC BC “challenges.” Each day, a challenge will be posted at 10 a.m. on our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. As an HC BC reader and holiday spirit junkie, your job is to complete the challenge by midnight the same day. READ MORE

How to Make Your Dorm Room Cozy: Christmas Decorations Edition

By Kristin Morisseau
December 9, 2013 - 12:00am

One of the things I miss the most about the holidays when I am at school is the coziness of being in my house. I also have a very strong aversion to the harsh overhead lights that seem to be in all of the Boston College dorm rooms. I have found the remedy to both of these problems: Christmas Lights! My obsession first started when, the day after Halloween, the CVS in Cleveland Circle, had a buy-one-get-one sale on their Christmas lights! I bought two boxes without thinking much of it- but oh boy do I wish I had gotten more. I have since returned twice to pick up four more sets and one set for a friend. My color scheme is pink and white, but check out some other BC students illuminating decorations!  ...

Join the Spring HC BC Team!

By Kelsey Damassa
December 8, 2013 - 12:00am

Are you a devoted HC BC fan? Do you like to write and take pictures? Do you live on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest? Then you should consider applying to join the Her Campus BC team for the Spring 2014 semester! We are beyond excited to open up the application TODAY. You have two weeks to fill it out and show us why you should be a part of the fabulous team. What are you waiting for? Click the link below and start getting in the HC BC spirit! READ MORE

While You Were Out: This Week's Top News

By Elizabeth LeRoux
December 8, 2013 - 12:00am

As the ever-talented Seth Meyers would say, here are this week’s top stories.   Paul Walker Dies in Fiery Car Crash READ MORE

Best Places to Shop Around Campus for Holiday Gifts

By Katie Barry
December 7, 2013 - 12:00am

Christmas is fast approaching, which means that it’s time to make your Christmas list of everything that you need to pick up for friends and family. While it may seem daunting to find everything that you need, there are plenty of places around BC that will help you start to cross things off. Newton Center READ MORE

The Her Campus BC Elf on a Shelf Has Arrived at BC!

By Meghan Gibbons
December 6, 2013 - 9:30am

Recently a holly holiday tradition has entered the homes of many families across the country: the Elf on a Shelf. Each night, the elf, sent from Santa in the North Pole, finds him or herself in a new nook, shelf, or room in your house. This holiday season Santa has sent a special delivery to us here at Boston College: the Her Campus BC Elf on a Shelf. She will be spotter in pink this December all over campus in some of our favorite and most popular spots. READ MORE

Life Lessons Learned from Buddy the Elf

By Kelsey Damassa
December 6, 2013 - 12:00am

Ten years ago, the Christmas season was changed for the better. Rudolph, Frosty, and all of the classic Christmas characters were overshadowed by an elf. Or at least a human who thought he was an elf. You all know who I’m talking about… Buddy the Elf! So in honor of the tenth anniversary of one of the greatest Christmas movies of all time, we’ve put together a list of life lessons learned from the movie Elf. Don’t be afraid to hug. Smile all of the time. READ MORE

The Highs and Lows of Core Classes

By Molly Sugrue
December 5, 2013 - 12:00am

Especially for freshmen, the core can seem like an insurmountable pain. You might have come to BC knowing exactly what you wanted to do or have no clue. Either way, you have a list of incomplete interdisciplinary requisites. Retrospectively I would characterize my time in core requisite classes as Dickens’ put it. “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness…” READ MORE

Where to Buy Winter Wear

By Brigid Wright
December 4, 2013 - 12:00am

There is nothing cool about how cold it has been this week at BC. I just recently got a new winter coat, and was shocked at how expensive it is investing in a quality jacket that actually is going to keep me warm when it’s 20 degrees outside. Finding the right winter coat is kind of a hassle, but there are some great places to go to find deals that can save you some time and money, while still getting popular brand names and quality winter coats! All of the following have online stores, so if you can’t get to their locations (like Sierra Trading Post, which is only in Indiana), you still have access to their great deals! Moosejaw.com READ MORE

Big Changes Ahead: MBTA Running Weekend Trains Until 3AM

By Ashley Goncalves
December 3, 2013 - 2:35pm

Have you ever ventured into the city for a night of fun only to find yourself ending the night early due to the MBTA’s imposed curfew of 1 a.m.? Have you ever decided to visit your friends from other schools in the city or head to one of MIT’s frats (I’m looking at you freshman, we’ve all been there though) only to be forced to race back to catch the last train home? For the sophomores, juniors, and seniors, it’s like being transported back to your days on Newton, but even then your curfew was at least 2 a.m. and if need be you could walk home to extend your Friday night. READ MORE