Meet Valentine’s Day Cutie, Carly Daniel!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Valentine’s Day is a special holiday for many ladies out there, but it is extra special for my best friend and roomie, Carly Daniel.  This past Saturday, Carly celebrated her 21st birthday on February 14th – talk about a special birthday!  You can find Carly just about anywhere on campus with a huge, inviting smile on her face.  She also has the best laugh in the world, hands down.  She is usually doing homework on the first floor of O’Neill or being athletic in Conte Forum.  Read below to find out more about this super cool 21-year-old.  

The Basics

Name: Carly Daniel

Hometown: Wellesley, MA

School/Year: LSOE, 2016

Major: Applied Psychology and Human Development, Minor: Communications 

BC Life

Activities/Clubs: Track team and Lynch Senate 

Best Class: Business, History, and Politics of Sport while I studied abroad in Dublin for the summer! 

Worst Class: Finite, I do not understand math 

Bapst or O’Neill: 1st floor O’Neill, Bapst scares me  

Favorite Place to Eat: The Rat because they have grilled cheese every day!

Hockey or Football: Huge football fan, go Eagles, go Pats

Favorite hangout spot on campus: There’s no better place than Shea field on a Saturday afternoon in the fall 

One thing you are most excited about for senior year: Living in a mod (crossing my fingers) 

Fun Fact: I was voted most contagious laugh in high school 

Dream Job: Stay at home mom 

Relationship Status: Taken by my freshman year crush :)

Ideal Date: A day at the beach or a country concert in the summer 

Favorite BC Memory: Freshman year my distance medley relay placed third at the ACC conference meet!

Advice to freshmen: It doesn’t matter where you live on campus! I’ve lived on Newton and CoRo and learned that it truly doesn’t matter where you live as long as you are with your best buds! 

Whether you meet Carly on the Comm. Ave bus to off-campus, working out in the Plex, running around the res, or in your psych class in Campion, she is sure to brighten your day.  Happy birthday to this very special Valentine’s Day Campus Cutie!

Shannon is currently in her junior year at BC.  She is majoring in Elementary Education and English, hoping to one day teach in an urban school.  Originally from Hopkinton, MA, one of Shannon's favorite things to do is tell people that her hometown is the start of the Boston Marathon - it's claim to fame!  In her free time, you can find Shannon cuddled up somewhere with her adorable giraffe-spotted mug.
I am a Political Science major and Women's and Gender Studies minor at Boston College. I am an RA on campus and am involved in the Student Admissions Program. Since I am from Florida, I can legitimately say that I love long walks on the beach. I also love getting lost in a world fabricated by a novel, there is honestly nothing better.