This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Name: Tabitha J.

Class Year: 2017

Where are you from?: New Rochelle, NY 

Majors: Management& Leadership and Music

Activities: Music Guild, Ascend, Reslife, AHANA Management Academy

What are you most passionate about:

Food, people, and music in that order.

What has been your favorite part about BC:

I think I’ve subconsciously drunk Theology-Aid, because I am all about the Jesuit values and tradition. I think I inadvertently find ways to live our Men and Women for others whether it’s as an RA or an Ascend lead, I get a sense of purpose from just being there for others. I think that the efforts I’ve made to be reflective, attentive, and loving and care for myself, has really changed who I am for the better and hopefully positively impacted those around me.

Who has inspired you throughout your time at college:

My portico professor Amy La Combe. She is one of the most amazing people you’ll ever meet: passionate, charismatic, kind and loving. She truly is one of those people that just changes your life just by being who she is. She’s been able to see things in me that I haven’t seen in myself and her belief in me has truly given me the confidence to pursue my goals. She’s my role model and I hope that one day I can be as amazing of a person as she is.

What do you look forward post-graduation?

Two things.

1. Traveling around the world. I’ve always been really adventurous and really curious so I’m excited to spend all my vacation days seeing the rest of the world.

2. Buying my mom a house.  My mom is the hardest working human being I know and has gone above and beyond to give me a chance at success. I’m looking forward to working as hard as she did so that I can to give her the beautiful home that she deserves. 

What advice would you give to underclassmen?:

Don’t look for places where you fit in. Find the things/ people that fit you and align with the person you are and want to be. If something or someone does not make you happy or help you to grow, why waste your time?

We hope you enjoyed learning more about one of BC’s most loving and caring people, Tabitha J.!

Vanessa is a senior at Boston College studying Economics and Communications. She is proud to be the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at Boston College!        
Molly is a senior at Boston College studying Communication and Political Science. She is currently a Campus Corespondent for Her Campus BC and is looking forward to writing articles! She loves to travel, hangout with her friends, and go on adventures. Her mantra is "If you are always trying to be normal, you'll never know how amazing you can be" - Maya Angelou.