Meet Our Favorite Defensive End, Sophomore Kasim Edebali!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

He smiles and tells me that I look very pretty today.  He even attempts to ask me a few questions about my life first.  Something he calls “his interview.”  This is only one of many charms of this week’s Campus Cutie, sophomore Kasim Edebali.  You may see him on the field in Alumni Stadium every Saturday during football season, but here’s a view much closer than the one you get standing in the packed stands.

The Basics
Hometown:  Hamburg, Germany
Major:  Communication
Nicknames:  “The German,”and in Germany everyone calls me “Kazaam” (like the movie).
Dorm:  Walsh

All About Football
Number:  91

What’s your favorite part of being on the team?
Game-day.  Playing in Alumni Stadium is crazy.

What’s the locker room talk like?
We usually talk about the pain and cramps that we get from practice.  Sometimes we talk about video games. Since most of us have an X-Box, we talk about how we gotta play Call of Duty.  Normally we have certain teams in a big game of Call of Duty, like offense [players] versus defense.

What’s your favorite professional football team?
Baltimore Ravens.

Does being a football player help you get girls?
It could, but I would rather girls get to know me not knowing that I’m a football player, and definitely not having that be the most important thing about me.

From Germany to the US
What do you miss most about Germany?
My Mom and Grandma’s cooking.

German girls or American girls?
American girls.

Why did you choose to come to school in the US?
In Germany we can’t play football, it isn’t an intercollegiate sport over there.  So over here I’m living the dream by playing football and by getting an education.

Why BC?
I liked the area the most out of all the other schools that I was offered to go to.

Favorites
Food:
Steak.  Oh, and anything involving pasta.

Favorite spot to eat on campus:
Hillside.  I get the New England Classic, you have to have it.

Favorite TV Show:
I’m going to sound like a geek, but it’s called Naruto.  It’s a Japanese anime show with English subtitles.  It’s about a ninja who lives in a ninja world and does ninja things. (laughs) I could have just said Family Guy and that would have been easier.

Favorite Movie(s):
Sin City and all six Star Wars.

Favorite Season:
I hate the cold, so definitely summer.

What’s your favorite song right now?
Chris Brown’s new album FAME is on repeat in our room.

More things you may not know about Kasim
Biggest Fear:
Failing in what I want out of life.

Most Embarrassing Moment:
(Laughs) There are so many.  In Germany, on the football team we had something called ‘rookie initiation.’  Every year all the freshmen had to go to McDonald’s wearing only a “tarzan outfit” (aka loincloths).  I had to walk up to the counter and order Big Mac Meals for the whole team.  I was pretty embarrassed then.

Do you have any secret talents?
I love to draw.  If I have time, I could sit down for like 5 hours and draw one picture.  I don’t really have a lot of time though because of football.

Girls, Girls, Girls
Blondes or Brunettes:
Doesn’t matter.

What’s your type?
I don’t really have a type but if you have a nice smile and cute eyes then you got me.  Also, she should have a good sense of humor.  I like a girl that laughs.

Idea of a perfect date:
I don’t mind anything fancy, but I prefer just kickin’ it and hanging around with a girl.  Anything relaxing sounds good.

Single?
Yes.

Looking?
Always looking.  When it happens, it happens.

Kathryn Fox is a senior at Boston College, majoring in International Studies. Originally from Tulsa, Oklahoma, she loves Boston but struggles with the cold weather! Kathryn is involved in teaching ESL classes, interning in BC's museum, and volunteering. She loves to travel and spent her junior year studying abroad in Morocco and South Africa. In her free time, Kathryn enjoys reading Jane Austen novels, baking, and watching trashy TV with her roommates. After graduation, she is returning to Oklahoma to work for Teach for America.