Meet Men’s Basketball Team Captain Dennis Clifford!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Meet Dennis Clifford, a sophomore in the College of Arts & Sciences and captain of the Boston College Men’s Basketball team.  Keep reading to find out more about #24.

The Basics

Name:  Dennis Clifford

Hometown:  Bridgewater, MA

Year:  2015

Major:  Communications

BC Life

Activities/Clubs:  Men’s Basketball

Best Class:  Learning to Learn

Worst Class: History

Bapst or O’Neill: O’Neill

Favorite Place to Eat: Lower Dining Hall

Interests

Nicknames:  Cliff, Cliffy, Big D, D-stacks, D-Breezy, D-money, D-Smooth, D-Nice, The Gladiator

Favorite BC sport:  Besides Basketball, hockey

Favorite day at BC:  Start of the basketball season

Love Life

Single: Very

Ideal girl:  At least 6’5”, smart, pretty, good sense of humor, easy to get along with

Deal breakers:  A girl that is untrustworthy

Celeb girl crush: Natalie Portman

What should girls know about you:  I’m tall and cool

Ideal first date:  Horse and buggy ride around the reservoir at dusk

Fun Facts

Favorite movie: Remember the Titans

Favorite book:  The Partner by John Grisham

What song is currently stuck in your head: “Word to my Muva” by Future

Little known fact:  I’m a leap-year baby.  I’m only 5 years old!

Ballin’ Out

So, how tall are you actually:  7-feet tall without shoes, so don’t get it twisted.

When did you start playing basketball:  I’ve been playing ever since I can remember.

What are you most proud of in your basketball career:  Getting a scholarship from Coach Donahue.

Why did you choose to come to BC: It’s my dream school.  I grew up very close and always wanted to come here.

What are your post-college basketball plans: I want to play professionally, and then maybe coach.

Caitlin is currently a student at Boston College studying English and Pre-Law.  At BC, she is a member of the Boston College Irish Dance Club, on the Honors Program Student Executive Board's Community Service Committee, and interns and writes for the fashion and culture blog Rusted Revolution.  She has been wriring for Her Campus BC since Jaunary 2011 and is serving as BC's Campus Correspondent for the 2012-2013 school year.  Outside of school, she is a competitive Irish dancer, and has been dancing for 18 years. During her high school career, she completed an engineering project at Case Western Reserve University that made her one of 40 Intel Science Talent Search Finalists in 2009.   In addition to all of this, Caitlin loves reading, yoga, running, shopping, spending time with friends and family, and traveling.