Meet Matt T. from BC Dance Marathon!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

This week I got to sit down with fellow BC Dance Marathon member, Matt Taylor, and ask him a little more about his current involvements on campus, and learn a bit more about BC Dance Marathon!

Name: Matt Taylor

From: Tinton Falls, NJ

Major: Finance and Operations

Favorite Hobby: Watching BC sports

Involvements on Campus: Ultimate Frisbee, BC Bigs, Tutoring and Jackson Mann elementary school, and BCDM Operations Committee

Fun Fact: I’m not fun

What is BCDM?: The BC Dance Marathon is a 12-hour event held in the spring semester where everyone must be on their feet to raise money for the Children’s Miracle Network, which is a great cause to help pediatric disease.

What does the Operations Committee for BCDM do?: We plan out the logistics for the Dance Marathon, along with deciding different themes and what dance groups to get for the event. We also help to set up the Plex for the event.

Why should people go to the Dance Marathon?: It’s a lot of dancing and having fun with your friends like playing volleyball or other types of games. You also get to meet some of the kids from Boston Children’s Hospital who benefit from the fundraising and get to hang out with the kids who are really cool. Overall, it’s a fun event to do with your friends, while feeling good about donating and raising awareness for a great cause

Best dance move?: All of them.

Be sure to look out for upcoming events (and Matt’s dance moves) from dance marathon as its starts to promote the event early on in the next semester.

Thanks again to Matt for sitting down and letting us get to know a little more about BCDM!

Sources:

http://bcdancemarathon.com/img/dancemarlogo.png

Hi! I'm Shannon Brink and I'm currently a freshman at BC. I'm from a small town in New Jersey, and I love being outdoors and traveling with friends and family. I'm the youngest of three, and living in a male dominated house where football typically takes over the dinner conversation, it's refreshing to have an outlet to talk about things that genuinely interest me and are relevant to my life as a clueless freshman trying to learn the ropes of college.
Molly is a senior at Boston College studying Communication and Political Science. She is currently a Campus Corespondent for Her Campus BC and is looking forward to writing articles! She loves to travel, hangout with her friends, and go on adventures. Her mantra is "If you are always trying to be normal, you'll never know how amazing you can be" - Maya Angelou.