This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Meet Luis Cardenas! I just became friends with Luis this year, and I wish I had met him sooner. He is one of the kindest souls at BC and I think you all should get to know him a little more!

Class Year: 2018

Major: Political Science and Communication

Where are you from? Ciudad Juarez, Mexico

Passions: Dance & naps.

What is it like being on a dance team?

Being on a dance team has become one of the most important and formative experiences of my life and in my time at BC. I’ve only been dancing for 2 years now and I can notice how much I’ve grown since my first audition. Dancing with Synergy has allowed me to explore my creative mind in a totally different way and I am inspired by them every day. Shout out to my beautiful Synfam!

What is your favorite thing about BC?

I like how much I’ve been challenged by BC. Of course, it’s difficult to wake up and cook breakfast, worry about financial instability on my way to work, learn about Japanese-Korean political history in class without crying — lately I feel like the Mindy Kaling meme from The Office:

But I’d rather be busy and productive because I know I’m becoming a better person from it. I’ve learned many valuable lessons from both failing and succeeding in a number things at BC. 

What is something you wish more people knew about you?

My Kung Fu Tea order (Large Passion Fruit Green Tea, nata jelly, half sugar, less ice). But jokes aside, I wish more people knew how much I appreciate them being in my life. I don’t get to see many of my friends as often with all of us on that constant hustle n’ grind, but I hope they know that I love them and whatever short time we spend together, it’s always a great time. 

What student organizations are you a part of on campus?

I’m a part of Synergy Hip Hop Dance Company and that’s kind of where I dedicate most of my time apart from school and work. It involves a lot of physical work, creative thinking, and so so so much planning, but nothing makes me happier than leaving my responsibilities aside for those 6 hours a week to dance with my Synfam. 

Use five words to describe yourself:

1. Litty

2. #hustle

3. Tired

4. Dancedancedance

5. Boba-aficionado

We hope you all enjoyed learning a bit about one of our own Eagles at BC! Be sure to stay tuned for our next profile next week!

Vanessa is a senior at Boston College studying Economics and Communications. She is proud to be the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at Boston College!        
Molly is a senior at Boston College studying Communication and Political Science. She is currently a Campus Corespondent for Her Campus BC and is looking forward to writing articles! She loves to travel, hangout with her friends, and go on adventures. Her mantra is "If you are always trying to be normal, you'll never know how amazing you can be" - Maya Angelou.