Meet the Girls in Gold: Dance Team Sophomores

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

This article is the third installment in an ongoing series about the Boston College Golden Eagles Dance Team (BCGEDT). Find the other articles here

As a reminder, the girls who take the field in Alumni Stadium in white boots and gold dresses make up the Boston College Golden Eagles Dance Team. As part of the Screaming Eagles Marching Band, these ladies go past the stands, the sidelines, and the end zones in order to showcase their talents on the entire football field during Halftime. For the next installment in “Meet the Girls in Gold,” get to know the sophomores!

Left to right: Aliza Perez, Karina Halloran, Danielle Nash, Alyssa Rogowski, Laine Wirth

Alyssa Rogowski

Favorite Band Moment: Participating in the Ice Bucket Challenge with Brad Bates—it was a fun break during the long Band Camp practices and an opportunity to support a great cause. Let’s go, BC! 

Hometown: Williamsburg, VA

School/Major: International Studies and French 

Activities: DOBC 4LYFE

Upper or Newton: You wish you were on Upper. 

Deal breakers: lack of ambition, aggressive facial hair, and peanut allergies. 

Funny date story: I arrived late to my first ever date and we ended up having to sit in the very front row of the movie theatre. Awkward middle school conversation + a massively sore neck from staring up at the screen + getting picked up by my dad = yikes. 

Celeb crush: Matt Bomer (I know he’s gay but just look at that jawline) 

Favorite spot on campus: Brighton Dance Studio 

Danielle Nash

Favorite Band Moment: “I always love performing with the Golden Eagles, but I especially loved being able to take part in Brad Bates’ Ice Bucket Challenge! It was for such a great cause and it was awesome that he chose to include us. I can’t wait for more exciting upcoming performances!”

Hometown: Bridgewater, MA

School/Major: Computer Science

Best class: Intro to Abstract Math—it was really difficult at first, but it was much more rewarding when I ended up getting a decent grade.

Upper or Newton: Upper, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

Single/Taken: Single

Deal breakers: When a guy takes himself way too seriously.

Biggest pet peeve: When people steal food off of my plate. I don’t mind splitting something, but I hate when someone just grabs something directly off my plate.

Celeb crush: Matt Bomer from White Collar.

Karina Halloran

Favorite Band Moment: “My favorite Band Moment was when the whole Band did the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. We all came together on Alumni Field in honor of BC’s own, Pete Frates.”

Hometown: Oxford, MA

School/Major: Secondary Education and Mathematics

Best class: Adolescent Psychology

Upper or Newton: Newton!

Single/Taken: Single

Deal breakers: If he doesn’t want/like kids.

Biggest pet peeve: My biggest pet peeve is when people ask to “borrow” things that they aren’t going to give back, like tissues. I don’t want your used tissue!

Fun fact: I drive a standard (stick shift) car. 

Laine Wirth

Favorite Band Moment: “I loved appearing in Brad Bates’ ALS Ice Bucket Challenge video during camp this summer! ALS is a cause close to my heart and we had such a fun time filming this video.”

Hometown: Wellesley, MA

School/Major: Applied Psychology and Human Development

Activities/Clubs: DOBC

Upper or Newton: Upper

Single/Taken: Taken

Deal breakers: A good sense of humor is a must!

Biggest pet peeve: People who don’t cover their mouth when sneezing or coughing.

Celeb crush: Josh Hutcherson

There is one more home football game this season, BC vs. Syracuse on Saturday, November 29th. Don’t miss this opportunity to see the BCGEDT girls finish their season strong!

Meaghan Leahy is a 21-year-old native New Yorker and senior at Boston College, whose hips only sometimes lie. When she's not wishing she were as honest as Shakira, she can be found running, Band-ing, or public speaking; in addition to writing for HC BC, she is a member of the Screaming Eagles Marching Band, Word of Mouth, and loves a good lap (or two, or five) around the Res. Meg is passionate about running and fitness, is a trained lifeguard, and works at the campus gym Equipment Desk. A highlight of her Boston College career thus far was being a TA for Intro to Feminisms. She has interned at both Anthropologie and the Supreme Court in Brooklyn, New York, so even though she is pursuing a Communication and English double major with a Women's and Gender studies minor, she is still trying to map it all out. She really, really hopes to graduate with a real job and everything. Please hire her, despite her severe Diet Coke addiction. Her redeeming skills and qualifications can be found on her LinkedIn account.
Niloufar is a senior at Boston College, majoring in French and English.