Meet Cutie Lauren Fish!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie is Lauren Fish. This senior loves writing, working at the ERC, and dyeing her hair. Read on to get to know Lauren!

Name: Lauren Fish

Hometown: San Diego, CA

School/Year: A&S, 2016

Majors: Biology; English 

Activities/Clubs: Samaritans Suicide Prevention Helpline volunteer; Women’s Resource Center DUO Mentor 

Best Class: Studies in Poetry with Professor Tanner. It was one of my first classes that I took as an English major, and she was such a great introduction to the major.

Worst Class: Organic Chemistry I. I had to throw away my molecular model-building kit because seeing it in my drawer gave me terrible flashbacks. 

Bapst or O’Neill: Definitely O’Neill–Bapst’s silence makes me incredibly anxious.  

Favorite Place to Eat on Campus: The Rat, but only if there are open seats by the windows. If I sit too far away from them I feel like I’m in a dungeon. 

Biggest pet peeve: Harsh, fluorescent lighting. My roommate always yells at me for turning our horrible overhead light off. It’s our main source of contention.    

One thing you’re most excited about for senior year: Having all of my friends back from abroad at once! It’s nice having everyone reunited once again.

Most embarrassing moment: One night, I thought that it would be really cool of me to attempt to jump over the extremely low, chained gate in front of Robsham. Being the extremely coordinated person that I am, my ankle caught and as a result I fell flat on my face. This ended in my roommate being unable to breathe because she was laughing so much and a few kind souls questioning if I was okay. 

Fun fact: I don’t know if this qualifies as “fun,” but Steve Jobs once said hi to me.

Favorite movie: The Princess Bride

Favorite TV show: Parks and Rec

Celeb crush: Adam Brody; I’ll never be able to get over him as Seth Cohen in the OC. 

Dream job: Novelist

Favorite BC sport: Football is the only sport that my friends can force me to go to the games. 

Favorite hangout spot on campus: Probably the ERC, where I work, because it’s pretty much a second home to me (despite all of the crazy, lovable people that work there). 

Relationship status: Single

Ideal guy: Seth Cohen (see above).

Ideal date:  One where pizza is involved.

Deal breakers: Not liking Harry Potter; I feel like that says a lot about a person.

Advice to freshmen: Don’t stress; everything falls into place as it should. Also, probably avoid jumping over the chain fence by Lower; I don’t know how well that would work out. 

So next time you’re in the ERC or the Rat, say hi to Lauren!

BC Senior, Future High School Teacher. Lover of laughing, Diet Coke, friends and family, pandas, peanut butter, and the BCMB.
Blake is a senior at Boston College and is pursuing Biology and Pre-Med, as well as the perfect slice of pizza. She is so excited to be a co-Campus Correspondent along with Emily this year! As well as being a writer for Her Campus BC, she is also a member of the Girls Club Lacrosse team, the Public Health Club, and is a physics tutor on campus.