Meet Cutie Kayla McLaughlin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Meet cutie Kayla McLaughlin! This junior spends her days with fourth graders and her nights shelving books in the ERC. Read on to get to know Kayla!

Name: Kayla McLaughlin

Hometown: Boston, MA

School/Year: Lynch School of Education 2017

Major: Elementary Education and Applied Psychology and Human Development

Activities/Clubs: BC Soars, Campus Ministry, ERA Peer Mentor

Best class: Adolescent Psych with Jackie Lerner.  She’s a legend.

Worst class:  Freshman Lit.  The professor once spent half the class showing us a Facebook album of her shoe collection.   

Bapst or O’Neill: ERC (urk) OF COURSE!

Favorite place to eat on campus:  Cafe 129 (This is true, ask anyone.)

Biggest pet peeve:  When the dentist tries to talk to you while she’s giving you a filling.  And slow walkers.

One thing you’re most excited about for junior year:  I am excited to get the experience of teaching at a different school each semester for pre-prac!

Most embarrassing moment: When I was a junior in high school, I lived with a host family in Italy.  In the first week, having no control over the language, I accidentally swore at my host sister in Italian.  She had to explain to me what I said wrong, and what I actually meant to say.  It was all very awkward.  We ended up becoming the best of friends by the end, though!

Fun fact: When I was a baby, I ate too many carrots and turned orange.  It’s true!  It happened.

Favorite movie:  Inglorious Basterds 

Favorite TV show:  LOST! and Veronica Mars 

Celeb crush: Matthew Fox (Dr. Jack for life!)

Dream job: Teaching 4th grade 

Favorite BC sport: BC rowing (#supportiveroommate)

Favorite hangout spot on campus: I spend about 75% of my time in the ERC, 15% of my time in the Rat, and 10% of my time eating string cheese in my bed.

Relationship status: Single

Ideal boy: Ginger.  Must be willing to invest copious amounts money in Banana Boat Sunscreen with me.  

Ideal date: Breakfast for dinner.  To be specific, Johnny’s.  To be even more specific, red velvet pancakes. 

Deal breakers:  Not a ginger. 

Advice to freshmen: Even though they may appear to, no one has it figured out. Also, learn how to order at Hillside before the middle of sophomore year (don’t be me).

So next time you’re craving pancakes or find yourself wanting to watch Veronica Mars, hit up Kayla!

BC Senior, Future High School Teacher. Lover of laughing, Diet Coke, friends and family, pandas, peanut butter, and the BCMB.
Blake is a senior at Boston College and is pursuing Biology and Pre-Med, as well as the perfect slice of pizza. She is so excited to be a co-Campus Correspondent along with Emily this year! As well as being a writer for Her Campus BC, she is also a member of the Girls Club Lacrosse team, the Public Health Club, and is a physics tutor on campus.