Meet Cutie Chris Wright!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Meet this week’s Campus Cutie, Chris Wright! This senior loves playing football with his roommates and dreams of working with languages. Read on to get to know Chris!

Name:  Chris Wright

Hometown: Poughquag, NY (If you like farms and unpronounceable names, then you’d like it there)

School/Year: A&S Class of 2016…wait what? I’m graduating?

Major: Linguistics and Psychology B.A. double major

Activities/Clubs: Boston College Marching Band, BC Pep Band, BC Student Martial Arts Club (on/off) 

Best class: Really any Linguistics class because words are cool. Specifically though, Syntax and Semantics was probably my best class. Foley is the nicest professor!

Worst class: Social Psychology. Mostly because I just didn’t go to class…not my best idea. Just ask Dariah Lauer.

Bapst or O’Neill: O’Neill!! Bapst scares me. I’m not the biggest fan of complete silence.

Favorite place to eat on campus: Even though The Rat will forever have a place in my heart (it’s the meeting place for all of my friends), Eagle’s Nest definitely does food better. The paninis are quality.  

Biggest pet peeve: Max de la Rosa 

One thing you’re most excited about for senior year: My roommates and I love watching sports. And seeing as how I’m only taking 4 classes 2 days a week in the Spring semester, I’m excited to just hang out with them and just relax/look for a job the rest of senior year.

Most embarrassing moment: Some background first. I’ve done martial arts since I was about 9 years old and in high school I was that kind of kid that thought he was really cool even though he was incredibly dorky. Every year at my karate school they did portraits of you with like a headshot and then you in different karate poses. At the time I thought it was completely badass so like any high schooler at the time, I posted it on Facebook with the super-cool caption “Whaddaya think?” I didn’t think it would come back to me sophomore year of college. My friends and I were going through each other’s pictures on Facebook when all of a sudden, what’s come to be known as “Karate Chris” shows up. I hadn’t looked at it in years and only just then realized how incredibly ridiculous it was. Everyone thought it was the funniest thing in the world. Needless to say, I hid that picture from the public (so don’t try looking for it). To this day, “Karate Chris” still haunts me…mostly because my friends will never let me live it down. [Editor’s Note: I have the “Karate Chris” photo, but I was allowed to publish this article under the condition that it would remain in the confines of my computer. Sorry to disappoint, y’all.]

Fun fact: I ran through a window when I was 3! …wait does that count as an embarrassing moment?

Favorite movie: The Dark Knight (RIP Heath Ledger)

Favorite TV show:  Arrow, Flash, Game of Thrones, House of Cards…I like TV

Celeb crush: Jennifer Lawrence. Super quirky and perfect.

Dream job: It changes daily but right now I want to be a Speech Language Pathologist working in schools helping children with language disabilities.

Favorite BC sport: BC Hockey! Johnny Hockey!

Favorite hangout spot on campus: The Rat. Food is subpar, but good vibes.

Relationship status: Taken (sorry, ladies)

Ideal girl: Every girl is different and special and I just try to look for the things that make each girl unique. She doesn’t really need to have the same interests as me just so long as our personalities mesh. 

Ideal date: Comedy show then dinner/coffee. No better way to get comfortable with someone than with a few laughs!

Deal breakers: Not close with their family. I’ll always be there to help you, but I can’t be your only pillar of support either.

Advice to freshmen: If you ever take a course with Michael Moore in the Psychology department, he’ll give you one piece of advice that’s always resonated with me — BC (specfically A&S) doesn’t train you for a profession. It teaches you how to be a better thinker. So if you’re someone in my position who is pursuing a degree (or degrees) that is more theoretical than practical — DON’T WORRY! As long as you are passionate about what you’re learning, finding a career after college will not be as hard or as scary as it seems.

So next time you need a karate lesson or want someone to go to Eagle’s with, find Chris!

BC Senior, Future High School Teacher. Lover of laughing, Diet Coke, friends and family, pandas, peanut butter, and the BCMB.
Blake is a senior at Boston College and is pursuing Biology and Pre-Med, as well as the perfect slice of pizza. She is so excited to be a co-Campus Correspondent along with Emily this year! As well as being a writer for Her Campus BC, she is also a member of the Girls Club Lacrosse team, the Public Health Club, and is a physics tutor on campus.