Meet Campus Cutie Nelson Huynh

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Everybody say Aloha to our Campus Cutie of the week, Nelson Huynh! I’m sure you’ve seen him around campus, smiling at everybody. Whether he’s busy with the Hawaii Club, being an Amazon Student Brand Ambassador, or rocking out on the drums in the Boston College Marching Band, he’s always having a great time and loving life. Let’s meet Nelson:

The Basics

Name: Nelson Huynh

Hometown: Honolulu, Hawaii

School/Year: CSOM 2017

Major: Marketing and Business Analytics

BC Life

Activities/Clubs: Boston College Marching Band, Hawaii Club of Boston College, SANKOFA (Male Leadership Club), Pep Band, PSBC

Favorite Class: My worst class is easier… by my favorite was Portico with Amy Lacombe, She’s the bomb!

Worst class: Literature Core, because I can’t read (just kidding!)

Bapst or O’Neill: O’Neil- Bapst is too quiet… It scares me, dude!

Favorite place to eat: Nest. The Mediterranean Salmon Salad is the way to go – my fave!

Favorite hangout spot on campus: When it’s warm enough, the grass outside of St. Ignatius – Prime chill spot.

Love Life

Celeb crush: Emma Watson. She’s elegant and intelligent

Ideal girl: Caring, has a good heart, yet adventurous, so we are able to explore life together.

Deal breakers: A Negative Nancy, and a downer on life. I need someone to ride the positive life wave with.

Single or Taken: Single!

Ideal date: Have a picnic, hang out at the park, and eat our food (we’ll make our own food!) on a warm day (it has to be warm).

Fun(ny) Facts

Biggest pet peeve: Wearing clothes when it’s excruciatingly hot.

One thing most excited about for senior year: I live in the present, that’s too far!

Most embarrassing moment: I slipped down the Conte Forum stairs when it was icy after a hockey game. Everybody was there. Awkward.

Fun fact: I went to the High School that Obama graduated from!

Favorite movie: The Dark Knight, He’s a badass

Favorite TV show: No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain

Dream job: Stay at Home Dad/Iron Chef America

Favorite Song, and what it says about you: Love is my Religion – Ziggy Marley, because I’m all about that love.

Favorite Holiday: Game Day!

Deep Thoughts

Disney Character: Simba or Mufasa… Mufasa’s awesome, and a great dad.

Hero: My parents.

If you had one wish, it would be…: The whole world could be riding on this wish, if you think about it…It’s like I’ve got the whole world in my hands. No answer.

Quote that you live by: Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without. – Buddha.

Spirit Animal: I feel like it has to be a Panda bear. YAY. (This was after he wrote just “bear” and then “turtle”).

Advice to freshmen: Get to know people around BC, there are some amazing people here!

Next time you see Nelson walking around campus, say hi! His great attitude and charm is sure to brighten your day. “Mahalo!”

Boston College student, but Wisconsinite at heart. Music aficionado, and lover of all things cats. BC '16, LSOE. Secondary Ed. and English major, Psychology minor. Along with being a writer and editor for HC BC, Samantha is a Drumline Section Leader in the Screaming Eagles Marching Band, involved in the BC Pep Band and the BC Symphonic Band, and is a member of the English Association.
I am a Political Science major and Women's and Gender Studies minor at Boston College. I am an RA on campus and am involved in the Student Admissions Program. Since I am from Florida, I can legitimately say that I love long walks on the beach. I also love getting lost in a world fabricated by a novel, there is honestly nothing better.