Meet Campus Cutie Javon Gates!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

The king of selfies, an Edmonds RA, and a TA, Javon Gates does it all! Meet this week’s Campus Cutie!

The Basics:

Name: Javon Gates

Hometown: Boston, MA

School/Year: CSOM 2016

Major: Marketing/Information Systems

BC Life:

Activities/Clubs: Resident Assistant, Teacher’s Assistant, a bunch of other stuff     

Best class: Astronomy

Worst class: Calc hands down, my teacher was a scrub

Bapst or O’Neill: O’Neill

Favorite place to eat on campus: Café 129

A Little Bit More About Javon:

Biggest pet peeve: When people are too set in their ways, when people refuse help for no reason, when people pretend they don’t want food like what the he** is that. But just those.

One thing most excited about for senior year: Seeing how everyone and everything has changed over the last four years and will after this year

Favorite ice cream flavor: Vanilla…it has more potential

Favorite BC experience: Living on Newton Junior year

Why BC? When I was little, I knew I wanted to go to college, but this was before I was cognizant about particular colleges. So I wanted to go to college, in Boston, so it was Boston College. Since then, I started to fall in love with it. Everyday I’m reminded that I made the right choice.

Most embarrassing moment: At my Godson’s christening, the Church bench had a nail sticking out of it so as I’m getting up to leave to go out to eat with everyone the nail catches me and rips the seat of my dress pants. It wasn’t an even bigger issue until the priest finds the godmother and I am trying to stitch them back together as I stand in my underwear in the church kitchen.

Fun fact: I was born on Thanksgiving

Favorite TV show: Psych/Chuck/HIMYM/24/NCIS

Celeb crush: Sydney Leroux

Guilty pleasure: Grey’s Anatomy

Dream job: Short term: Sitcom actor or Head of creative/marketing at a company like Adidas/UnderArmour/Nike or another company that I’d enjoy and makes people happy.

Long term: Stay at home Dad

Favorite hangout spot on campus: The Rat

Taken/Single: Single

Ideal date: Something low key, I don’t need fancy. I love to cook so if I could do that and just have a wonderful conversation

Deal breakers: No sense of humor, or a bad one

Biggest pet peeve: Repeated questions (hint hint)

Advice to freshmen: Don’t do something just because all your friends are, if you don’t want to do something in the slightest DON’T

Song of the moment: The White Shoes – Wale

Senior year bucket list item: Make a post grad life that I can be confident in and comfortable with

Personal motto: What’s the worst that can happen  

Blake is a senior at Boston College and is pursuing Biology and Pre-Med, as well as the perfect slice of pizza. She is so excited to be a co-Campus Correspondent along with Emily this year! As well as being a writer for Her Campus BC, she is also a member of the Girls Club Lacrosse team, the Public Health Club, and is a physics tutor on campus.