Meet Campus Cutie Jaclyn Hudock!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Meet this week’s Campus Cutie Jaclyn Hudock! A Hillside-lover, 4Boston member, and one of the best girls I know, read on to learn more about Jaclyn!

The Basics:

Name: Jaclyn Hudock

Hometown: Suffern, NY

School/Year: A&S ‘16

Major: Communication with a Medical Humanities minor

BC Life:

Activities/Clubs: 4Boston, Medical Humanities Journal

Best class: It’s a tie between Health Communication and Values in Social Services and Healthcare but I’m currently taking Elements of Dance so that may actually take the lead. Stay tuned~

Worst class: Ecology and Evolution, back in the days when I thought I wanted to be a Biology major LOL

Bapst or O’Neill: O’Neill fourth floor tables forever!!!

Favorite place to eat on campus: Eagles for the food but Hillside for the ~socializing~ and coffee

A Little Bit More About Jaclyn:

Biggest pet peeve: Nothing grinds my gears more than when people chew loudly or with their mouths open

One thing most excited about for senior year:  Senior Week

Favorite ice cream flavor: Banana Oreo—a rare treasure from White Mountain since it’s a special flavor and they only have it once in a while

Favorite BC experience: The first tailgate of senior year in the Mods! I’d waited four years for it and it exceeded all expectations (shout out to 9a)

Why BC? My mom actually forced me to come visit BC right before I started my senior year of high school, even though I was dead-set on another school.  I tell people that when I stepped on campus, I got the “wedding dress feeling” and just knew that this was where I belonged.  I hadn’t seen a more beautiful campus and the Jesuit ideals drew me in.

Most embarrassing moment: On Halloween weekend freshman year, my friends and I were in Lower tracking the Newton Bus.  When we saw that it was pulling up at that moment, we started running full-speed towards the bus stop.  I followed one of my friends as he cut across the grass, jumping over the chain link fence (you see where this is going); however, when I went to jump over, my foot got caught in the chain and I went flying.  Everyone in front of Lower saw freshman-biker-chick me take a tumble.

Fun fact: I know all of the words to Billy Joel’s We Didn’t Start the Fire.

Favorite TV show: Scandal

Celeb crush: Julian Edelman

Guilty pleasure: Ice cream and any show on Bravo. Not necessarily together but that would be quite the combo

Favorite hangout spot on campus: Any bench in the quad, particularly the one at the top of the sidewalk at the corner of Gasson and Devlin

Best compliment received: I’ve done my 4Boston placement at Perkins School for the Blind for the past four years, and one of my favorite students once told me while we were eating dinner that he liked me more than he liked his mashed potatoes.

Taken/Single: Single

Ideal date: A duck tour around Boston and then dinner (quesadillas) at a Mexican restaurant

Deal breakers:  Doesn’t like dogs and doesn’t have a sense of humor

Advice to freshmen: Senior year will be here before you know it so enjoy every second! Cliché, I know, but it’s true!!

Song of the moment: Something in the Way You Move by Ellie Goulding or Hands to Myself by Selena Gomez.  But also always anything Bruce Springsteen.

Senior year bucket list item: To have the cashier at Hillside know my coffee order and my name without looking at my ID.  I’m already on a nickname basis with Fred so I’m halfway there

Personal motto: Swag.

So whether you’re in Hillside or hanging at a bench in the quad, be sure to look out for this Campus Cutie!

Blake is a senior at Boston College and is pursuing Biology and Pre-Med, as well as the perfect slice of pizza. She is so excited to be a co-Campus Correspondent along with Emily this year! As well as being a writer for Her Campus BC, she is also a member of the Girls Club Lacrosse team, the Public Health Club, and is a physics tutor on campus.