Meet Campus Cutie, Hannah McLaughlin!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Meet Campus Cutie, Hannah McLaughlin! This freshman is a member of 4Boston, as well as The Heights. When she’s not on Newton, which she claims is a haven, she can be found on the hunt for her favorite BC food, Tomoto Feta soup! Three words to best describe this girl would be creative, witty, and kind! Get to know this cutie! 

The Basics

Name: Hannah McLaughlin

Hometown: Walpole, MA

School/Year: A&S, 2018

Major: English & Communications

Taken/Single: Single

BC Life

Activities/Clubs: The Heights, 4Boston

Best class: Perspectives with Professor Pope

Worst class: Calculus I no question.

Bapst or O’Neill: O’Neill (specifically 4th floor facing the windows with a glorious view of Alumni and the Boston skyline).

Favorite place to eat: Anywhere serving Tomato Feta soup. I’d bus to main campus for that! Also, My sister’s apartment in Iggy for impromptu dinner parties.

Fun fact: I take too much pride in my ability to remember every word to middle school-era music classics like Jay Sean’s “Down”, Estelle’s “American Boy”, and Chris Brown’s “Look at me Now”.

Favorite TV show: “Malcolm in the Middle”. Forever&Always.

Dream job: Editor in Chief for the New York Times. No, scratch that. Replacing Kathie Lee Gifford on the “Today Show.” Her job description is solely to drink wine and make meaningless small talk with celebrities. Sign me up.

Favorite BC sport: Football. Growing up in a BC-obsessed family will make you crave Shea Field tailgates and Superfan Yellow.

Favorite hangout spot on campus: Cushing 007.

Ideal date: Anything that requires very little planning or effort is perfectly fine with me. I’d have to say a spontaneous Dunkies run followed by meaningful conversation over White Mountain Ice Cream (swoon).

Childhood Crush: It’s a real toss-up between Prince Eric from the Little Mermaid and Jesse McCartney post-haircut.

Three Ideal Celebrity Dinner Guests: Leonardo DiCaprio circa 1995, Blue Ivy Carter, and Ellen Degeneres (obviously).

Pet Peeve: “Oh no, you live on Newton? I am SO sorry for you.” Newton is a haven, people. Get it str8.

If you see Hannah on campus, be sure to say hi! 

Katherine ValentinoSenior in A&S English Major Minor in American Studies, concentration in journalism 
I am a Political Science major and Women's and Gender Studies minor at Boston College. I am an RA on campus and am involved in the Student Admissions Program. Since I am from Florida, I can legitimately say that I love long walks on the beach. I also love getting lost in a world fabricated by a novel, there is honestly nothing better.