Meet Campus Cutie: Courtney Capistran!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Meet Courtney Capistran! This junior is an all-star nursing major, dancer, saxophone player, and country music lover. Not only is she a wonderful, kind-hearted person, she’s also my best friend (we’ve known each other since we were two…cue the “awwwws”)!

The Basics

Name: Courtney Capistran

Hometown: Wilmington, MA

School/Year: CSON 2016

Major: Nursing

BC Life

Activities/Clubs: Boston College Marching Band, Boston College Pep Band, BC DUO, Student Nurses Association

Best class: Victimology

Favorite Professor: Professor Liam Bergin in the Theology department. He’s literally my favorite person on the planet. Ask any of my friends. Or people who aren’t my friends. Chances are, if you’ve ever had a conversation with me, I’ve talked about how much I love Professor Bergin. (Editor’s note: she’s not lying.)

Worst class: Microbiology. That was a sad, sad time in my life.

Bapst or O’Neill: The cubicles on the 4th floor of O’Neill are my favorite… It’s where you can find me during practically all of finals week.

Favorite place to eat: Addie’s

Biggest pet peeve: People being late. THE WORST.

One thing you’re most excited about for senior year: I’m really looking forward to my synthesis clinical, which is when I work directly with a nurse who’s in a field I am most interested in. Hopefully, this will involve something in pediatrics!

Fun fact: I met Steven Tyler at a doctor’s office once! Okay, so I was two and my mom said “Hi” to him, but I like to think it still counts!

Favorite movie: Mary Poppins

Favorite TV show: Days of Our Lives or Dance Moms. Haters to the left.

Celeb crush: Luke Bryan. This month, he’s the face of my Country Music Hall of Fame Calendar, so November is already starting out on the right foot!

Dream job: Pediatric Nurse at Boston Children’s Hospital (or an Olympic gymnast in my next life)

Favorite BC sport: MEN’S HOCKEY. THERE IS NOTHING BETTER.

Favorite hangout spot on campus: The lawn outside of Higgins. It’s so quiet and relaxing!

Ideal guy: Respectful, funny, and kind. Someone with a truly good heart! Being handsome will never hurt, either, but looks will never overshadow a bad personality.

Ideal date: Kayaking along the Charles and then going out for Thai food!

Funny date stories: This really isn’t an actual “date” story, but I was once starting to date someone who decided to ask me and three of my friends out on dates—all on the same day. It was like real life John Tucker Must Die! Needless to say, things didn’t work out.

Deal breakers: Smokers. Instant deal breaker.

Advice to freshmen: Not everyone is as put together as they may seem. Make sure you find someone to confide in if you’re having a bad day! Trust me, EVERYONE has had them.

So next time you’re eating at Addie’s or lounging outside of Higgins, be sure to say hi to Courtney!

BC Senior, Future High School Teacher. Lover of laughing, Diet Coke, friends and family, pandas, peanut butter, and the BCMB.
I am a Political Science major and Women's and Gender Studies minor at Boston College. I am an RA on campus and am involved in the Student Admissions Program. Since I am from Florida, I can legitimately say that I love long walks on the beach. I also love getting lost in a world fabricated by a novel, there is honestly nothing better.