Meet the Boys from the Strip Mod!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Every year, a group of senior boys occupy Mods 27A and B. While the Mods are known for parties and tailgates, Mod 27A and Mod 27B are known for their…stripping. One of BC’s favorite traditions includes having a bunch of senior guys strip for the entire community which choreography and very minimal clothing. Last night, kids were watching from trees and windows in the front of Walsh because who doesn’t love to see guys dance in their underwear? Luckily, the boys from Mod 27B agreed for us to learn more about them, beside their ability to…strip.

Name: John Chahraban 

Class Year: 2017 

Majors: Biochemistry 

Where are you from? Andover, MA

What is it like living in the strip mod?  

It has been a fun experience, to say the least. Aspects of it are traditional, in that like any other mod, the strip mod turns into a house of mayhem Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Mod 27B is unique in that my roommates and I have been living in the mystique surrounding the show for the entire semester. You can’t eat anything without someone remarking about the fact that strip show is coming up. 

What is your favorite thing about BC?

It’s hard to pinpoint one favorite thing about this place. Being a senior, it’s all starting to hit me how much I am going to miss living here on campus and being surrounded by so many of my closest friends. Tailgate season 2016 was surreal, and may very well have been the highlight of my first-semester senior year.

What is something you wish more people knew about you?

Just generally, I wish I could have more meaningful conversations and to more authentically get to know some of the people in my life. There’s a lot of cool things about me that people don’t know. 

How prepared are you for your upcoming show? 

I don’t think I will ever be “prepared.” My roommates and I have some really great people helping with the show, however, so I think we will put on a great show. 

Name: Riley Kete

Class Year: 2017

Majors: Political Science

Where are you from? New Jersey

Passions: Girls, the Army

What is it like living in the strip mod? If you’ve seen the movie Roadhouse, it’s a lot like Roadhouse

What is your favorite thing about BC? The girls

What is something you wish more people knew about you? I’m single

How prepared are you for your upcoming show? Not prepared whatsoever.

Name: Bill Lavelle

Class Year: 2017

Majors: History and Political Science

Where are you from? Westfield, New Jersey

Passions: lifting, reading, coffee, general shenanigans with friends

It’s dirty and involves being absolutely ruthless to each other, but it’s also the most fun mod you could ask for during your senior-year.  It’s cool when people ask where you live and then they say, “oh you’re THOSE guys” face when you say 27B. People also get weirdly interesting in your carb intake when you tell them that you live in the strip mod. 

What is your favorite thing about BC?

I used to say that my favorite thing about BC is that it’s a good school in a great city, but now my favorite thing is just having all of my friends so close all the time and seeing everyone I know every day. I’m going to miss all you people. 

I once got an A in a ballet class and I do have a life outside of the plex, surprisingly. 

Pretty prepared, but will probably feel less prepared once we actually start practicing the routine.

Names: Andres Sanin

Class Year: 2017

Majors: Biology

Where are you from? Born in Colombia, live in Brockton, MA

Passions: Soccer, Movies, Girls, Pillow Talk 

What is it like living in the strip mod? There is so much hype, especially these last few weeks. Don’t want to let anyone down. 

What is your favorite thing about BC? Girls

What is something you wish more people knew about you? I’m a cuddler 

How prepared are you for your upcoming show? Is the pope Catholic?… next question.

Name: Matt Suzor

Class Year: 2017

Major: Philosophy

Passions: Outdoorsy stuff, cooking, socks, listening to new music, starting philosophical arguments with the other guys of 27B to annoy them

Where are you from? Longmeadow, Mass

What is it like living in the strip mod?

It’s kind of a painful irony having a mod while monitoring beer intake. There are definitely enjoyable moments like bonding with the roommates planning the big night but then there are also awkward ones like when the Jesuit Courage to Know teacher you TA for asks you to tell 27 freshmen all about the event.

What is your favorite thing about BC?

The buildings, I’m a sucker for aesthetics.

I’m colorblind, like dogs.

….the music’s awesome at least…

Well, that’s the Strip Mod boys of 27B! Hope you enjoyed the show last night!

Vanessa is a senior at Boston College studying Economics and Communications. She is proud to be the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at Boston College!        
Molly is a senior at Boston College studying Communication and Political Science. She is currently a Campus Corespondent for Her Campus BC and is looking forward to writing articles! She loves to travel, hangout with her friends, and go on adventures. Her mantra is "If you are always trying to be normal, you'll never know how amazing you can be" - Maya Angelou.