Meet BC Wishmakers’ Emily Perrotti and Annie Belgrade!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

The Basics:

Name: Emily Perrotti and Annie Belgrade

HometownEP: Pleasantville, NY AB: Lake Bluff, Illinois

MajorsEP: Marketing AB: Communications

Best Class: EP: Toss up between Marketing Principles with Professor Akinc and Business Law with Professor Twomey! AB: Media & Cultural Studies

Worst Class: EP: Financial Accounting AB: Psychology as a Natural Science

Involvement on Campus:

What clubs do you participate in?

EP: President of BC Wishmakers on Campus!

AB: I am the Vice President of Wishmakers on Campus. I am also an Associate Design Editor for The Gavel. I am a member of WoM and TWLOHA.

When did you become a part of Wishmakers?

EP: I saw BC Wishmakers at the involvement fair September of freshman year. My sister was granted a “wish” through a similar organization when I was young so I went to the first meeting to find out more, and on a whim decided to apply to be a Freshman Rep. That ended up being one of the best decisions I’ve made here at BC!

AB: I became a part of Wishmakers my freshman year as a Freshman Rep on the E-board.  I found it by walking around the career fair in the fall and knew it was a club I wanted to be a part of because it is such a great cause!

What is your favorite part/memory of being on the Wishmakers team?

EP: Our second annual flag football tournament this Fall! This was the first large scale event we successfully pulled off with me and Annie as President and VP and the rest of the new E-board, and we ended up exceeding our fundraising expectations and making the event bigger than last year! I’m still so proud that the club was able to pull that off and have such a fun day.

AB: My favorite memory would have to be the Race to the Heights event we held last year. It was the first ever event that I and the two other freshmen reps had ever planned and executed by ourselves at BC and it was a blast. The planning process was rather eventful but seeing the finished product made it worthwhile.

Do you have any events coming up?

We are having a restaurant night April 9th at Tasca, another Pancakes & Poetry event with the BC Baking Club and BC Slam! on April 13th in the Vandy Cabaret room, and a year-end dodge ball tournament on April 19th in the Plex!

If people are interested in joining Wishmakers, how can they do so?

Feel free to come to any of our meetings (every other Thursday at 6 pm in McGuinn 334) or shoots us an email at bcwishmakers@gmail.com!

What’s your best advice for freshmen?

EP: Stay open to new experiences – you never know who is going to become your best friend or what may end up being one of the best things you do here at BC. It’s pretty easy to become comfortable here pretty quickly, but keep pushing yourself to try new things and step out of that comfort zone – it may work out better than you imagined!

AB: Be open the whole year.  It is easy to shut yourself off to new opportunities and friendships halfway through the year once you have found your niche. But I have met so many more friends at the end of my freshman year and even still at the end of my sophomore year. Don’t be afraid to join a club late in the year either!

Hi I'm Olivia! I'm a junior at BC who loves writing, photography, John Mayer, and anything beauty related.
Niloufar is a senior at Boston College, majoring in French and English.