Meet Adorable Cara Megerdichian ’15!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

A fun-loving freshman from New York, Cara Megerdichian is the definition of a cutie.  She has the sweetest voice that could melt anyone’s heart.  You’ll notice her easily:  just follow the trail of giggles that she leaves behind.  She’s also the freshman that uses a tray—it’s convenient and she’d rather not embarrass herself spilling her meal.  Almost anything brings a smile to Cara’s face, except bad manners of course.  That’d be a deal breaker!

The Basics 
Name:  Cara Megerdichian
Hometown:  North Salem, NY
School/Year:  A&S, 2015
Major:  Economics and possibly a double major with Communications                                                                                                                                                                                                       
BC Life
Activities/Clubs:  Figure Skating, Women in Business, and the Armenian club.
Best Class:  Courage to Know with Father Joe Marchese
Worst Class:  Art History (giggles!)
Bapst or O’Neill:  Bapst (without a second of hesitation)
Favorite Place to Eat:  Addie’s.  I typically get a flatbread sandwich.

Random Facts
Deal Breakers:  Bad teeth and bad manners.
Most embarrassing moment:  I fell really badly coming off of the Newton bus.  It was night.  I was tired and it was wet out.  I ripped my leggings and had a huge gash on my knee.  My friend basically picked me up, but everyone was laughing and going like “oooh”.
Fun fact:  I’m Armenian.
Weird talent:  I can bend my fingers back really far.
Single or taken:  Taken!

BC Sports and Figure Skating
What is your favorite BC sport?
Figure skating obviously, but to watch it would be hockey.  Growing up and spending so much time at the ice rink, I developed a liking for hockey.

How long have you been Figure Skating?
Since middle school, when I was about 12 years old.

What type of Figure Skating do you do?
I started out doing freestyle (jumps and spins) and then switched to ice-dancing.

What is the worse rumor or stereotype about skating?
Everyone thinks that we’re all really mean because of the movie Ice Princess.  They think we are all nasty and stuck up.  It’s not true!  It’s more like the moms, skating moms are worse than hockey moms.

How do you like being on BC’s club Figure Skating team?
I love it!

Do you want to continue after college?
Possibly, but not competitively.

Being a Freshman and Entering the New Year
What are your goals for this semester?
To (umm…) get better acclimated and more organized.

How do you feel about the upcoming housing process and what are you plans for it?
I’m super nervous , but like everyone else I’m going for an eight-man with my friends.  I’m hoping it doesn’t cause too much drama.

As a second semester freshman, are you finally adjusting?  Are you excited for freshman year to be over or sad that it’s already half gone?
I’m sad that a portion of my time at BC is already over.  But I’m excited to not be a freshman anymore, hahaha, just so that I can get fully adjusted and know the ropes. (She giggled some more).

What was the most freshman moment you’ve had so far?
Using a tray in the dining hall everyday for the first half of the first semester.  It’s better than spilling your food!

Do you still use one?
I mean once in a while…

Julianne is an Ohio native studying communication at Boston College with a concentration in journalism. She got involved with Her Campus BC when the chapter launched in December 2010. She began as an editor and contributing writer, and since has moved up the ranks to Campus Correspondent. Aside from working for Her Campus, Julianne is a certified personal trainer at Boston College's Flynn Recreational Complex and teaches group fitness as well. During her sophomore year, Julianne was a part of the Arrupe Program at BC and traveled to Guatemala, learning about the culture, political, social, economic, and religious issues of the country. Her goals post graduation include writing for a health and fitness magazine or working in communications for college or professional athletics. As for now, however, she is enjoying life at the University she loves so much! An avid hockey and football fan, one can always find Julianne in the stands rooting on BC and the Boston Bruins! Other hobbies include running, yoga, cooking, baking, and photography.