This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

“So we were going for an eight-man in Vandy…” is how all of the tragic stories begin. Hopeful sophomores with dreams of hosting the world’s best pre-games in their spacious, impeccably-decorated eight-mans fall fate to being placed a twelve-minute walk away from all of their friends on the infamous CoRo.  You hear stories about it, but never think it will happen to you…until it does.  However, like everything in life, there are pros and cons.  Let’s get into it.  

1.     Con: You’re far away from most of your friends.  I’m not going to lie to you guys.  That walk from Walsh to Williams is ROUGH, especially at 2:30 in the morning.  Winter isn’t even here yet and I’m already complaining about how brutal the walk is.   Actual footage of me leaving Williams at 9:30 for something I should have been at on Lower at 9: 

2.     Con: You don’t get a kitchenette.  Sometimes, you just want pancakes at 10:30 at night.  When you live on lower you get a kitchenette and are allowed to have a hot plate, which is truly a game changer for all of your late night munchie needs.  

3. Con: You’re stuck at Mac for another year. Ok so some people prefer Mac, but I’m a Lower girl.  I think the salad bar is better and the ambiance is nicer.  Plus, all of your sophomore, junior, AND senior friends eat there.  

1. Pro: You’re stuck at Mac for another year. Eating in a room that is 90% freshman can actually be a blessing in disguise.  Freshman year, I wasn’t able to step foot in Mac without running into at least five people I knew.  Consequently, I was always worried about my makeup and outfit at 9 am on a Saturday.  Now, I can go into Mac on Saturday mornings looking like a trash bag and no one will recognize me.  It’s seriously a lifesaver when you’re hungover.  

2. Pro: The walk to classes If you are like me or any other sane human being in the world, you value your sleep.  The short walk to classes is ideal.  Seriously, I can get to my 9 am in Stokes in about 2 minutes.  

3. Pro: Your room is always SPOTLESS I cannot emphasize how great it is to go to a pre-game/party in sticky, sweaty Walsh and return to my clean, quiet quad in Williams.  You don’t have to do any work to host anything, so you can just go out, enjoy yourself, and not worry about anyone making a mess or throwing up all over your room!

In the end, living on CoRo has its ups and downs.  If you’re a freshman reading this, please do not panic like we did if you find out you’ve been placed on CoRo.  It’s not the best, but it’s also not the worst.  I mean, at least we’re not on Greycliff.

Sources:

https://pics.me.me/Facebook-84054a.png

https://media.giphy.com/media/R1WSlTDjU71wk/giphy.gif

Vanessa is a senior at Boston College studying Economics and Communications. She is proud to be the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at Boston College!