How To Wear Skulls Fashionably

Posted -

I have liked skulls for a while.  Not in a creepy, serial killer, or necrophiliac way; but in a cool, that-is-so-awesome way.  With interests in history, archaeology, and forensic anthropology, I have found ways to incorporate my eccentric love into my outfits.  While some have found it odd and others have found it cool, I love finding different pieces with skulls and incorporating them into my wardrobe.  (I got skull high tops that I designed for Christmas!)

This is why when I found out that skulls were in fashion for 2013, my ego got a little boost.  Not only could I find skull pieces more easily, but I also was ahead of the fashion curve. Yay!

Skulls are not just for Halloween and science labs anymore.  Also, pirates or Goths don’t have a monopoly over them either. 

However, a lot of people are either scared or unsure of how to include skulls into their wardrobe.  Never fear!  It’s not that hard; and the cool thing is, that you can dress preppy, punk, or sporty and still wear skulls.  The trick is to balance your outfit and to have fun.  Don’t be scared of the skulls!   

Here are some ways that you can incorporate them into your outfit:

Pages

Get more HC!

Get the best of Her Campus, right in your inbox! Learn more.

About The Author

Danica is a senior at Boston College and is a History major with an Irish Studies minor.  She is originally from Greenwich, CT and moved to East Boothbay, ME.  She is also a member of Boston College Irish Dance and the Shaw Leadership Program.  And last but not least is a fiery redhead who lives in a dragon-guarded castle surrounded by a boiling lake of lava! But don't let that cool you off. She's a loaded pistol who likes piña coladas and getting caught in the rain. Yours for the rescuing: Princess Danica!  

(And yes, that is a quote from Shrek...)

Editor's Note

From Around The Web

We Recommend

User login