How to Survive Without Leaving Your Room

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

After this very brutal and chilling Valentine’s Day weekend I decided that if I really needed to, I could probably survive without leaving my dorm room (with even just a traditional double!).

I never leave my room to study. And when I say never, I mean never. I think I’ve sat down at a table in O’Neill one time and only camped out in a classroom in Stokes for finals week (yes, I’m that type of person the daily library-goers complain about). Since my roommate is never here, I can make my room as quiet or as loud as I want it to be.

So of course, on the coldest day of the year, my friends decided to drag me from my warm, insulted bed and into the awfully icy atmosphere. When everyone was saying that this was the one day they didn’t leave their room to study, this was the one day that I did…. So with all this said, I am quite confident that we all can survive without leaving our dorm and here’s how:

1. Food

Foodler, Dashed, and hey, even GoPuff if you prefer, are all wonderful options to get food delivered right to your doorstep. Besides not having to go out in the cold, you will also reward yourself with a dinner more satisfying than the dining halls can offer…the only thing coming close being Addies.

2. Gym

Yes, I get it. Especially with Spring Break coming up, you don’t want to miss a day at the gym. But, there are plenty of challenging workouts online. Maybe this wouldn’t help with your #gainz every day, but if you are trying to avoid the cold, this will definitely work. (If you haven’t heard about Kayla Itsines, try one of her workouts and you will regret having any uncertainty that indoor workouts can’t be satisfying) And if you are trying to make an excuse that there isn’t enough space in your room, I’ve done a pretty good job in the narrow strip between the two double beds in my room.

3. Study

Have a really big math test in a few days? Who starts to study the day before a test? I mean that is absolutely crazy! Whether you are a Bapst or O’Neill type of person, hold off on your daily spot for one day. Study in your room or go to one of the lounges in your building. Each building has a designated quiet area, so that will certainly suffice for a day or two.

4. Friends

Fortunately for me, most of my closest friends live in the same dorm as I do, so I rarely have to battle the cold when it isn’t really necessary. I also happen to live in CLFX (I may or may not have had to look up the correct ordering of the letters), which seems to hold majority of the freshman class. So if it is too risky to walk all the way down to the Mods (I don’t know if hypothermia is worth hanging out in an overly crowded, poorly lit room with random strangers), there are plenty of things to keep you occupied in your dorm. You don’t need to go out every weekend.

So there you have it. If you are wondering if it is possible to survive without leaving your dorm, there is a high probability that you can and I recommend trying it sometime.

Sources:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/6a/5d/4a/6a5d4a8758f0a553dac7b43594626512.jpg

https://deliveredbydev.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/phaedra.gif?w=350&h=200&crop=1

http://ell.h-cdn.co/assets/16/02/1452698748-03.gif

http://oneilcinemas.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/movienight.gif

Adrianna is a freshman majoring in psychology on a pre-med track at Boston College. She is really passionate about health and fitness and is trying to make it in Boston as a New York Sports fan. She can be found yelling at the TV a little too loudly when hockey is on, eating honey crisp apples, drooling over dylan o brien, or convincing people, that despite her 5'0 height, she is really 18 years old.
Blake is a senior at Boston College and is pursuing Biology and Pre-Med, as well as the perfect slice of pizza. She is so excited to be a co-Campus Correspondent along with Emily this year! As well as being a writer for Her Campus BC, she is also a member of the Girls Club Lacrosse team, the Public Health Club, and is a physics tutor on campus.