How To Celebrate Anti-Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

By: Amanda Callahan

So it’s that day time again. The air is filled with candy hearts, the scent of fresh flowers and chocolates, Cupid, and of course bitterness. February 14th happens to not only be the day to celebrate love, but also serves to remind those of us without it just how lonely life can be. But it doesn’t have to be that way. Remember the Anti-Valentine’s Day party Jessica Biel threw for herself in the movie Valentine’s Day? You can do the same, grab your single friends (we all have at least one,) and celebrate Anti-Valentine’s Day!

1. Wine, wine, and more wine!

Whether it be a box of cheap Franzia wine or a bottle of the top notch chardonnay there can never be enough. The more wine, the more laughter, the more fun! Who needs an expensive bottle of wine in a restaurant, wine in your friend’s dorm is even better.

2. Sugar Rush

Who doesn’t love candy, cookies, cake, chocolate, anything sweet really. Ignore that juice cleanse you realistically only lasted a day on and indulge in as many treats you can physically eat. You’re probably already in your comfy sweats so who cares about that food baby you’re getting, just another perk to Anti-Valentine’s Day affairs.

3. RomCom All Night Long

Of course your first movie pick has to be Valentine’s Day but there are just so many good options. Pretty much anything with Kate Hudson or Jennifer Aniston is bound to leave you in tears of laughter and sadness because you remember this is only a movie. In that case feel free to throw a scary movie into the mix, spice it up!

4. S.A.D. Cake

As many of you know Valentine’s Day is often referred to Singles Awareness Day. So why not make a cake with “Happy Singles Awareness Day” on it. Do as you wish with the cake. Some may prefer to eat it, others smash it, while others may want to light as many candles as they can until the cake looks like it might go up in flames. Enjoy ladies!

5. Piñata Time

The infamous scene at Jessica Biel’s Anti-Valentine’s Day party was when she and her fellow single gal pals smashes the heart shaped piñata. What a better way to let out some frustration that ends up with even more candy and sweets. Plus who doesn’t love a good piñata whacking?

Whether you’re single and ready to mingle or enjoying some time by yourself, Anti-Valentine’s Day parties are a great way to spend time with your girlfriends and enjoy the best wine and chocolate your college budgets can buy!

Photo Source:

http://www.picshunger.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Broken-heart-two-pa…

Molly is a senior at Boston College studying Communication and Political Science. She is currently a Campus Corespondent for Her Campus BC and is looking forward to writing articles! She loves to travel, hangout with her friends, and go on adventures. Her mantra is "If you are always trying to be normal, you'll never know how amazing you can be" - Maya Angelou.