How to Addie’s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

After working at Addie’s for a full semester, I think I’ve come close to mastering the intricate choreography that goes on behind the scenes: which pizzas to prep before the rush, when to restock the beloved goat cheese, and how to put just the right amount of milk for a splash free milkshake experience. However, nothing makes me happier than seeing my friends and all of the Addie’s regulars during a particularly hectic closing shift. I know there are a couple people who have been thrown off by the new Addie’s layout and some people have yet to give it a try so here are some my tips for How to Addie’s.

1)     If we finish preparing your food, the one question we will ask you, 9 times out of 10, is “For here or to go?” It always amazes the number of responses I will get for this question because people tend to get really flustered:  “to here”, “for to go”, “for to stay”, “no thank you.”

2)     If you get a custom order, write your name legibly: Sometimes it can be like trying to read hieroglyphics, when customers write their names (if they even do at all) so please be kind and remember that someone actually has to read your order.

3)     Feel free to sing along with us! Addie’s closing shift is basically karaoke night ever since we got new speakers so if you appreciate the tunes, don’t be afraid to show it.

4)     If you lean over the glass to point to something or to tell us your order unexpectedly we’re never fully prepared so don’t be offended if we’re like:

5)     Dealing with the rush can have a short staffed Addie’s crew feeling like

so when you’re staring at us intently while we’re preparing your food we might be calm on the inside but on the outside we’re like:

6)     If you ask for “everything” on your salad, my internal reaction will always be:

My job at Addie’s has been the biggest blessing in disguise. It’s a lot of the work but I get to work with a ton of cool people and interact with awesome costumers like you! Hopefully this will help you stride into Addie’s next time with confidence. If the dinner hours are a bit hectic, we’re also open for breakfast.

Niloufar is a senior at Boston College, majoring in French and English.