Harry Potter in the Kitchen: Pumpkin Juice

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

With Halloween still on my mind, I decided to make a Harry Potter inspired drink. On the menu today, Pumpkin Juice. Anyone who has read Harry Potter knows that this is a favorite beverage in the Wizarding World and it’s perfect not only for Halloween, but for the fall season. If you haven’t had the chance to try it at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Universal, here’s how you can make it at home! To see the original recipe, click here 

What did you expect? …Pumpkin juice!?

– Madam Pomfrey, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secret

Ingredients

• 16 ounces of apple cidar
  • 5.5 ounce can of pear nectar
  • 6 Tablespoon pumpkin puree
  • 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

*I didn’t have apple pie spice or pear nectar, so I used pumpkin pie spice and peach nectar. It still turned out great!

How to Make It

Blend all of the ingredients in a blender and serve cold.

This can be a great treat for kids at Thanksgiving, a cool detail for a themed party, or a great mixer for those 21 and over. Easy to make and a sweet treat, definitely try this recipe out if you love Harry Potter. 

Photo Sources: 

http://www.dinner-mom.com/pumpkin-juice-harry-potter/

Katherine ValentinoSenior in A&S English Major Minor in American Studies, concentration in journalism 
I am a Political Science major and Women's and Gender Studies minor at Boston College. I am an RA on campus and am involved in the Student Admissions Program. Since I am from Florida, I can legitimately say that I love long walks on the beach. I also love getting lost in a world fabricated by a novel, there is honestly nothing better.