Get to Know BC Wishmakers!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.
Meet our Campus Celeb of this week, the BC Wishmakers through their President Emily Perrotti and keep reading to learn about how you can get involved in this incredible organization!
Basics:
Name: Emily Perrotti
Year: 2017
Major: Marketing & Business Analytics, Faith Peace and Justice Minor
Position in Wishmakers: President
Fun Fact about You: I studied abroad in Parma, Italy this summer. 

All About BC Wishmakers:
Tell us a little about BC Wishmakers: BC Wishmakers is in our 3rd year on campus now. We work directly with the Make-a-Wish Foundation here in Boston to raise awareness and funds for the organization here on campus. The goal of the club and the organization is to raise money to grant the wishes of children with life-threatening illnesses. We put on various fundraising and awareness events throughout the academic year. 
What are your organization’s goals for this upcoming year? I’m really excited to see BC Wishmakers continue to grow this year. As every year, our goal is to raise $7,500, the average cost of a wish, by May. We are also hoping to expand our club’s presence on campus and to get more people involved with Wishmakers and the cause. We’re working on a very exciting event around 11/11 this year (Make a wish!) we can’t wait to see come together. 
When did you become a part of Wishmakers and why? I joined Wishmakers my freshman year and was one of the three Freshmen Reps in the club’s first year on campus. When I was little, my sister was granted a wish to go to Disney world through an organization similar to Make-A-Wish. Joining Wishmakers has been an incredible way for me to pay it forward and to remember my sister. Taking over as President last year and this year has given me an opportunity to utilize my skills in a way that makes me smile every time. 
What is your favorite memory of being a member of Wishmakers? Last year in September, the club had the opportunity to send off a little girl on her wish to Disney world at Logan airport. The police escorted her with stuffed Disney characters on top of their motorcycles, and the little 3 year old girl came in dressed up like Cinderella and totally shocked to see all these people. It was crazy cool and so rewarding to remind us why we do what we do as a part of Wishmakers and Make-A-Wish. It was also an awesome way to start off the year as a club. 

What events do you have coming up? This semester, we’re looking to have a couple restaurant nights in the area, and a collaboration with the Cuban American Society around Christmas time. However, I’m most excited for Wish Week, which we are planning for the week of November 9th. We’re looking to have some really cool speakers, awesome awareness events and giveaways for students, and to finish off with Wishmakers’ 3rd Annual Flag Football tournament. Keep an eye out for all this coming up!!
How can other students get involved with Wishmakers? Students are welcome to simply participate in any of our events on campus, and we are also always welcome to having new students join the club! Our meetings are Thursday nights at 7 pm (every other week). Our first meeting and information session about Wishmakers is Thursday, September 17th, in Merkert 127!
What social media accounts can we follow to stay connected? Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram! @bcwishmakers on all of them. 
Best advice for freshmen? Be as open as you can to new experiences and people freshman year, and just relax! Not everything may be perfect right away, but stay open to meeting new people, trying new clubs you may not have thought to before. Don’t be afraid to try anything once and don’t sweat the small stuff! We’re all still trying to figure it out too

Photo Sources:
BC Wishmakers
Blake is a senior at Boston College and is pursuing Biology and Pre-Med, as well as the perfect slice of pizza. She is so excited to be a co-Campus Correspondent along with Emily this year! As well as being a writer for Her Campus BC, she is also a member of the Girls Club Lacrosse team, the Public Health Club, and is a physics tutor on campus.