Fall Semester Survival Kit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

It’s finally here! The thing that makes being back at school just a little easier – our Fall Semester Survival Kit! With no exaggeration, the items in our survival kit went as fast as water bottles would in the middle of the desert. The girls were so excited to check out the awesome swag in this year’s kit and they were not disappointed at all!

Here are some of the highlights:

Chipotle BOGO Cards

• If I know one thing, it’s that BC students love Chipotle! Did we fangirl super hard when we saw the Chipotle Buy One, Get One Freed cards? Yes! Are we ashamed? Not in the slightest.

Aeropostale $10 gift cards and water bottles

• We could stay hydrated at the Plex with Aeropostale’s LLD Sport Bottle – durable, lightweight plastic construction and a built-in straw for easy sippin’, our HC BC member Paula loves hers!  
  • $10 towards any in-store purchase at Aeropostale. Yes please! 

Garnier Blackhead Eliminating Scrub and Nourishing Cleansing Oil

• Blackhead Eliminating Scrub to throw in our travel bags so we can have beautiful skin no matter where we are, we were very grateful for these! Collegiettes™ have to be ready wherever we are.

Sweetgreen headbands and $5 off coupon cards

• Sweetgreen is the newest obsession at BC. In fact, my roommate is a Campus Ambassador for them. Only a short drive from BC, I can guarantee our HC BC members are flocking there with their $5 coupons.
  • I’ve also rocked the headband to the gym on more than one occasion.

Mini LUNA bars

• LUNA bars help you wake up every day and make things happen and are the perfect way to satisfy your cravings in a nutritious way! These bars have been my saviors when rushing off to my three hour classes in the morning. 
  • I throw one in my bag and have a delicious snack during class that I don’t feel guilty about.

SoulCycle free class passes

• “At SoulCycle we believe that fitness can be joyful. We climb, we jog, we sprint, we dance, we set our intention, and we break through boundaries. The best part? We do it all together as a community.” If there’s one thing BC girls love more than Chipotle (which is hard), it’s spin class, and it’s apparent by having to sign up for a group fitness class 24 hours in advance! Having been to the SoulCycle class in Chestnut Hill, I can say that this free class pass is a hot item!

So let me say on behalf of Her Campus BC a huge “THANK YOU!” to Nationals and Chipotle, LUNA, Affinitas, Tanda Zap, Nasty Gal, Aeropostale, European Wax Center, Clue, Garnier, Sweetgreen, and SoulCycle for creating such an amazing beginning of the semester pick-me-up. With all the schoolwork and activities, it was a much-needed refresher!

Katherine ValentinoSenior in A&S English Major Minor in American Studies, concentration in journalism 
I am a Political Science major and Women's and Gender Studies minor at Boston College. I am an RA on campus and am involved in the Student Admissions Program. Since I am from Florida, I can legitimately say that I love long walks on the beach. I also love getting lost in a world fabricated by a novel, there is honestly nothing better.