Celebrity Look-Alikes at Boston College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Barring the fact that everyone starts to look the same to me when I’m really tired, I’m usually pretty awesome at calling people out on their celebrity look-alikes.  Certainly not a very useful talent, but it pairs well with the buzz on campus this year.  We’ve all heard it— there’s an Edward Cullen walking around.  After a lengthy bout of creeping, I finally tracked down Ed, along with a few other campus celebs.  Here are the results of my pseudo-paparazzi detective work:

Better Than Bobby V

Meet Horatio Andrean— you probably know him as “Joey” on BC’s Sexual Chocolate step team. Joey’s a junior from Chestnut Ridge, NY and bears a pretty striking resemblance to some celebs…like Bobby V. According to Joey, the first time he was ever compared to the R&B star was by a group of senior girls at a party during his freshman year, and the name’s been thrown around ever since. Still, Joey reminds us, “Let’s just get it straight that I am far more attractive than Bobby Valentino. Just saying.” Hey, a bunch of senior girls comparing a freshman guy to a celeb? Something must’ve been working for ya, Joey.

[pagebreak]

Knock, Knock—Ian’s A Party on Fifth Ave

Although he’s not from the greatest city (*cough* Pittsburgh) like this rising star, Ian O’Connor’s definitely got the look.  A sophomore in A&S, Ian can most often be found playing soccer.  Fun fact: the first spotting of Ian as a Mac Miller look-alike was not actually in the United States.  “I was on vacation in Greece actually.  Other American tourists from Pittsburgh told me I looked like him but I had no idea who he was at the time,” said Ian.  He even changed his cover photo to Mac and no one noticed—not even his brother!

[pagebreak]

Dirty Dancing: It’s a BC Thing

Hold up, people, I think we found an actual pair of celeb look-alikes on campus.  I may have just tracked down Johnny Castle and Baby… or, rather, a young Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey.  First off: Mr. David Moreno.  All the way from Oregon, this guy’s a Pre-Med sophomore, getting his BS in Psychology and staying awesome with Peer Health Exchange and club water polo.  This is almost enough to keep me from resenting him for snagging one of those awesome library jobs in O’Neill.  Say hello to the BC Swayze.  Pretty close, right?

As if that’s not enough, I found his Baby.  Although Kelly’s got star looks and Jennifer Grey’s sweet dance moves, she definitely doesn’t have Baby’s shyness—she’s even been known to dress up as Baldwin for her sister’s HS graduation party.  Her fellow students call her “a smiley one” and, on multiple occasions, I’ve heard her described as “a ray of sunshine.”  Let’s just say that one thing’s for sure: no one puts Kelly in a corner.

[pagebreak]

Another!

I had to include this girl.  My first impression?  A Charlize Theron for sure, but turns out she gets Scarlett Johansson just as often.  Meet Olga Khymylev—yup, you guessed it, a Moscow native.  Although she now calls Buffalo her hometown, this senior’s skills on the BC tennis team recently got her featured in the most famous Russian national sports newspaper.  Olga was celeb-spotted for the first time when she was sixteen, while boarding a plane to go to a tennis tournament.  “The steward asked for my autograph and everyone stared at me. I’ve never been so red in my life!”  (All I can say to that is, “if only these sorts of embarrassing things happened to me!”)  At least we have one thing in common—Olga says people can usually find her “in front of any fro-yo machine, loading up my chocolate ice cream with rainbow sprinkles!”  Meet our very own Charlize-Theron-Scarlet-Johansson.

[page break]

The Vampire of Chestnut Hill

He’s the guy with that resemblance that makes us do a double take.  Andrew Crotty, a chess-playing, coffee-drinking Computer Science major, has been a bit of a buzz around campus this year.  Andrew shares with us that he was not, however, always picked out as a Robert Pattinson look-alike.  “No one said anything about it until the beginning of sophomore year,” responds Andrew. “Then it started happening all the time.”  Andrew’s from Middleton, MA, and actually does seem to have a few things in common with Robert Pattison.  For starters, they both play the piano and the guitar (*girls swoon*).  Andrew comments, “Also, apparently neither of us understands why Uggs are so popular.”

Caitlin is currently a student at Boston College studying English and Pre-Law.  At BC, she is a member of the Boston College Irish Dance Club, on the Honors Program Student Executive Board's Community Service Committee, and interns and writes for the fashion and culture blog Rusted Revolution.  She has been wriring for Her Campus BC since Jaunary 2011 and is serving as BC's Campus Correspondent for the 2012-2013 school year.  Outside of school, she is a competitive Irish dancer, and has been dancing for 18 years. During her high school career, she completed an engineering project at Case Western Reserve University that made her one of 40 Intel Science Talent Search Finalists in 2009.   In addition to all of this, Caitlin loves reading, yoga, running, shopping, spending time with friends and family, and traveling.