Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Celebrities

The Anonymous Students Behind the BC Confessions Page

By Camilla Creatura
April 14, 2013 - 12:00am

BC Confessions is the latest procrastination trend that has swept over our campus.  Students can (and do) spend hours pouring over their fellow students’ admissions, affirmations, and other sorts of declarations, ranging from extremely funny to very serious. HCBC had a chance to anonymously interview the creators of the Facebook page, and try and gain some insight into their mysterious behind the scenes workings. READ MORE

Brianne Marron and Elizabeth Woods, Co-Captains of Boston College Irish Dance

By Kyra Sammis
April 10, 2013 - 9:07pm

Boston College Irish Dance has recently been making waves around campus.  After a killer ALC Showdown performance, BCID is recognized as one of the hottest dance teams on campus.  Founded in 2006, the club consists of 30 members who have danced or are still dancing competitively at the local, national, and even international level.  BCID performs at a variety of events, both on and off campus, including Relay for Life and Arts Fest.  This Friday, April 12, BCID will be performing in its annual spring showcase, “StrIDe”, at 7 pm in Robsham Theater.  Read on to learn about the club’s co-captains, seniors Brianne Marron and Elizabeth Woods.   How long have you been dancing and why did you join BCID?...

Introducing BC Reads!

By Kelly Bower
April 9, 2013 - 12:00am

Last Spring, senior Christie Wentworth studied abroad in Spain.  She and her friends found that they had a lot of time to read for pleasure, so they started a mini book club where they would exchange and discuss books.  It was through the book swaps that Christie realized just how many Boston College students love to read. She then decided that it would be a great idea to get BC students together to read and make a difference. And thus BC Reads, one of Boston College’s newest clubs, was born. READ MORE

Meet Rightside Shirt's creators: Jeff White and Dylan Enright!

By Kelly Bower
April 3, 2013 - 12:00am

At the end of the Fall 2011 semester, then seniors Dylan Enright and Jeff White met up in Lower Dining Hall to throw around ideas for what would eventually become Rightside Shirts.  Dylan and Jeff met and became friends during their time at Boston College, and throughout their friendship, they loved to discuss different businesses and advertising campaigns. “We were very entrepreneurial,’ said Jeff. “And we wanted to start something socially minded. It wasn’t just about profit.” READ MORE

Meet Molly & Ricky!

By Brigid Wright
March 25, 2013 - 2:28pm

The voting process has begun and now it’s time to make a tough choice.  We wanted to make sure that our favorite collegiettes have all the election information before logging in sometime today to vote for your favorite candidate! READ MORE

Meet Matt & Matt!

By Brigid Wright
March 25, 2013 - 2:18pm

With the debate last Thursday and dorm walks all weekend, the campaign for UGBC President and Vice President is really heating up.  Many students have heard a lot from the candidates, but Her Campus BC wanted to make sure our readers had all the facts.   READ MORE

Meet Tim and Trugs!

By Brigid Wright
March 25, 2013 - 12:00am

Her Campus BC wants to provide all Collegiettes with the opportunity to make informed decisions about UGBC President and Vice President during this tumultuous election season.  With the Quad about to be infiltrated with candidates looking to make an impact on your BC experience, we thought we would get the inside scoop from each of the campaign teams to get the real story behind what they’re all about, and what they want to bring to UGBC and the BC community as a whole.     READ MORE

Meet the Yellow Men! Need We Say More??

By Missa Sangimino
March 21, 2013 - 12:00am

Q: What are your names? A: “Tornado” and “The Experience”   Q: What’s the best part of being The Yellow Men? A: The best part of being The Yellow Men is interacting with BC fans.  All the kids want to come up and give us high fives, and all the middle-aged people give us strange looks.  Some of our best times happen walking through Mac or Lower when we’re suited up, and we get to see people react.  We usually go and just sit next to strangers and maybe dance a little or play with their hair to get some sort of a reaction.  You get arrested for doing that if you’re not suited up. READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: Dining Edition

By Joanne Connelly
March 16, 2013 - 12:00am

As BC students, we are lucky to be able call some of the best (and coolest) people in the world staff and faculty.  Many of us have had an incredible professor, worked with the wonderful people at FYE, or had the opportunity to get to know one of our fascinating Jesuits.  But what about fan favorites a little bit closer to home?  Those members of our community who we see every day, who never fail to add a side of happiness (free of charge) to whatever meal we’ve picked out from Eagles Nest, the Chocolate Bar, or Stuart?  This week, Campus Celebrity spotlights three student favorites from BC Dining.  Read ahead to learn a little more about some of your favorite BC Eagles!     READ MORE

Girls on the Rise in Computer Science

By Briana Galluccio
February 26, 2013 - 12:00am

Is there anything more inspiring than women coming together to create a support system in one of the most challenging fields out there: Computer Science? Computer Science is a field dominated primarily by men and pursued by few women. Some young women at BC took it upon themselves to start their own women’s chapter of the National Association for Computing Machinery at BC and are revitalizing the dormant Women in Computer Science club, or WiCS. WiCS is a student organization that supports and promotes women in technology through encouragement, discussion, and raising awareness about the issues that women in this field face. READ MORE