Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Celebrities

Make-A-Wish with the Wishmakers On Campus BC

By Katie Tedesco
September 11, 2013 - 12:00am

(Pictured from left: Ashley Orminston, Claire Aviles, and Chelsea Healey)  READ MORE

Chris Olmanson, Co-Founder of WOOF Supplies is Helping Students in Need 1 Notebook at a Time

By Meghan Gibbons
September 7, 2013 - 12:00am

Since kindergarten, we have all prepared ourselves for the 1st day of school with all the school supplies we need in order to be ready to take on the oncoming school year. As our backpacks are full of numerous notebooks, binders, folders, pens and pens, there are many students across the United States who do not have the means to purchase school supplies. WOOF supplies, a for-profit started by three young college students, wants to eliminate that struggle and help to ensure that all students will have the supplies to prepare themselves for school. One of the founders of WOOF is Boston College senior Chris Olmanson. Along with Chris’s twin brother and a lifelong friend, these three passionate guys are donating one WOOF notebook for each notebook...

Science Club for Girls (SCFG) Empowers Young Girls in the Sciences

By Meghan Gibbons
August 28, 2013 - 12:00am

Were you that girl in high school who was smart, in the science classes with the boys, was written off as less capable than her fellow male peers simply because of her gender, or her race, or her background, etc. You no longer have to hide your passion thanks to the Science Club for Girls (SCFG) with a chapter right here on the BC campus. SCFG is here to change that stereotype, to revolutionize the aspirations and dreams of young girls and to turn these dreams into reality. Science Club for Girls is the perfect opportunity for females studying science or teaching at BC that want a way to give back, and to inspire younger girls. READ MORE

Meet the Men of Strip Mod!

By Meaghan Leahy
May 4, 2013 - 7:31pm

Every year, a new group of rising seniors claims the famed Strip Mod.  During housing selection last spring, the guys of 27B stepped up to the challenge of providing much-needed relief from finals and studying for the entire student body. READ MORE

Help BC Eagles

By Kelly Bower
May 3, 2013 - 12:00am

READ MORE

Meet Grace Olscamp, the Go-To Girl of OCBC

By Paige Marino
April 24, 2013 - 12:00am

Meet this week’s Campus Celebrity, Grace Olscamp!  This Cincinnati native is a big part of the Outdoors Club of Boston College, or OCBC, as well as a dedicated student and hammock enthusiast.  Keep reading to find out more about the nature-loving rock-climbing sophomore!   Name: Grace Olscamp Year: 2015
 Major: Political Science
 Hometown: Cincinnati, OH 1) What made you get involved with OCBC?
 READ MORE

A Comedic Sensation: Jill Lawler

By Paige Marino
April 18, 2013 - 12:00am

Meet Jill Lawler, a sophomore superstar in Boston College’s comedy group, CCE.  Not only is Jill charismatic, smart, and enthusiastic, but she also never fails to keep the crowd laughing with her hilarious antics.    Name: Jillian Alice Lawler Major: Nursing Hometown: Boston, MA What made you first want to join CCE? READ MORE

The Anonymous Students Behind the BC Confessions Page

By Camilla Creatura
April 14, 2013 - 12:00am

BC Confessions is the latest procrastination trend that has swept over our campus.  Students can (and do) spend hours pouring over their fellow students’ admissions, affirmations, and other sorts of declarations, ranging from extremely funny to very serious. HCBC had a chance to anonymously interview the creators of the Facebook page, and try and gain some insight into their mysterious behind the scenes workings. READ MORE

Brianne Marron and Elizabeth Woods, Co-Captains of Boston College Irish Dance

By Kyra Sammis
April 10, 2013 - 9:07pm

Boston College Irish Dance has recently been making waves around campus.  After a killer ALC Showdown performance, BCID is recognized as one of the hottest dance teams on campus.  Founded in 2006, the club consists of 30 members who have danced or are still dancing competitively at the local, national, and even international level.  BCID performs at a variety of events, both on and off campus, including Relay for Life and Arts Fest.  This Friday, April 12, BCID will be performing in its annual spring showcase, “StrIDe”, at 7 pm in Robsham Theater.  Read on to learn about the club’s co-captains, seniors Brianne Marron and Elizabeth Woods.   How long have you been dancing and why did you join BCID?...

Introducing BC Reads!

By Kelly Bower
April 9, 2013 - 12:00am

Last Spring, senior Christie Wentworth studied abroad in Spain.  She and her friends found that they had a lot of time to read for pleasure, so they started a mini book club where they would exchange and discuss books.  It was through the book swaps that Christie realized just how many Boston College students love to read. She then decided that it would be a great idea to get BC students together to read and make a difference. And thus BC Reads, one of Boston College’s newest clubs, was born. READ MORE