Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Celebrities

Meet BC Makeouts

By Katherine Valentino
October 9, 2013 - 12:00am

BC Makeouts has become a staple of BC social media.  We’re all guilty of going on their Twitter page every Monday to see which BC students locked lips over the weekend.  But have you ever wondered who’s behind the risqué photos and catchy captions of BC Makeouts?  Well... we aren’t going to tell who they are, but you can get to know them a little better.  Find out why they started BC Makeouts, if it will continue when they graduate, and much more!    READ MORE

Get Involved with BC Splash!

By Shaughnessy Nadon
October 2, 2013 - 12:00am

Looking for a new club to join this semester?  BC Splash might be for you!  Unlike other activities, it’s not a huge time commitment, so it’s easy to tack on to the busiest of schedules.  Contribute just a few hours of your time, and you’ll get the opportunity to do something truly rewarding: teaching your passion to high school students!  READ MORE

BC Peer Health Exchange

By Ashley Goncalves
September 25, 2013 - 12:00am

We all remember those awkward health classes in middle school and high school when the word “period” made us cringe, and when we wanted nothing more than to have our gym teacher stop explaining the “ins and outs” of our bodies.  READ MORE

Get Involved with BC Soars

By Ashley Goncalves
September 18, 2013 - 12:00am

The Student Activities Fair serves as a reminder of the amazing organizations, clubs, and volunteering experiences that are spearheaded by passionate and motivated students here at BC.  While the token phrase of convocation, “Go set the world aflame,” may seem like a serious issue of fire safety, BC students really seem to take this interesting statement to heart with their passion for being men and woman for others. BC Soars, a new ESS organization on campus, truly captures what these statements represent. READ MORE

Make-A-Wish with the Wishmakers On Campus BC

By Katie Tedesco
September 11, 2013 - 12:00am

(Pictured from left: Ashley Orminston, Claire Aviles, and Chelsea Healey)  READ MORE

Chris Olmanson, Co-Founder of WOOF Supplies is Helping Students in Need 1 Notebook at a Time

By Meghan Gibbons
September 7, 2013 - 12:00am

Since kindergarten, we have all prepared ourselves for the 1st day of school with all the school supplies we need in order to be ready to take on the oncoming school year. As our backpacks are full of numerous notebooks, binders, folders, pens and pens, there are many students across the United States who do not have the means to purchase school supplies. WOOF supplies, a for-profit started by three young college students, wants to eliminate that struggle and help to ensure that all students will have the supplies to prepare themselves for school. One of the founders of WOOF is Boston College senior Chris Olmanson. Along with Chris’s twin brother and a lifelong friend, these three passionate guys are donating one WOOF notebook for each notebook...

Science Club for Girls (SCFG) Empowers Young Girls in the Sciences

By Meghan Gibbons
August 28, 2013 - 12:00am

Were you that girl in high school who was smart, in the science classes with the boys, was written off as less capable than her fellow male peers simply because of her gender, or her race, or her background, etc. You no longer have to hide your passion thanks to the Science Club for Girls (SCFG) with a chapter right here on the BC campus. SCFG is here to change that stereotype, to revolutionize the aspirations and dreams of young girls and to turn these dreams into reality. Science Club for Girls is the perfect opportunity for females studying science or teaching at BC that want a way to give back, and to inspire younger girls. READ MORE

Meet the Men of Strip Mod!

By Meaghan Leahy
May 4, 2013 - 7:31pm

Every year, a new group of rising seniors claims the famed Strip Mod.  During housing selection last spring, the guys of 27B stepped up to the challenge of providing much-needed relief from finals and studying for the entire student body. READ MORE

Help BC Eagles

By Kelly Bower
May 3, 2013 - 12:00am

READ MORE

Meet Grace Olscamp, the Go-To Girl of OCBC

By Paige Marino
April 24, 2013 - 12:00am

Meet this week’s Campus Celebrity, Grace Olscamp!  This Cincinnati native is a big part of the Outdoors Club of Boston College, or OCBC, as well as a dedicated student and hammock enthusiast.  Keep reading to find out more about the nature-loving rock-climbing sophomore!   Name: Grace Olscamp Year: 2015
 Major: Political Science
 Hometown: Cincinnati, OH 1) What made you get involved with OCBC?
 READ MORE