Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Celebrities

Fall Celeb Sightings at BC

By Catherine MacKeen
September 17, 2014 - 12:00am

We’re all familiar with the frenzy created by Liam Neeson’s surprise visit to BC’s campus with his son last semester. After swarms of students rushed to find Neeson and take photos with him, it became clear that the BC community loves their celeb appearances! So, what other famous faces have been on campus as of late? In case you missed the Instas, Tweets and FB posts by BC friends, here are a few celebs spotted on The Heights so far this semester! Jermaine Jones posing with fans at the BC men’s soccer game! READ MORE

Meet Campus Celeb BC Pom Squad: Girls Behind the Poms

By Lexie Pereira
September 13, 2014 - 12:00am

You’ve seen ‘em, you’ve heard ‘em, now meet ‘em: The Boston College Pom Squad. Contrary to popular belief, there is a difference between the Cheerleading Team, Dance Team, and Pom Squad. As part of the Spirit Program, these dancers perform at all home football and basketball games, travel with the basketball teams, and occasionally participate in national competitions. In many senses, members of the BC Pom Squad are much like real celebrities with ESPN television features, photo opportunities, and autograph signings. READ MORE

Meet Campus School Volunteer Coordinator Sean Schofield!!

By Meghan Gibbons
May 9, 2014 - 12:00am

For anyone that is familiar with the Campus School and the Student Volunteers, you are sure to have had the opportunity to work with one of the most kind, warm-hearted and dedicated people of the program. No this is not a student, or a teacher of the Campus School. It is Sean Schofield, who has been the Volunteer Coordinator for the Boston College Campus School Volunteers for the past 13 years. READ MORE

Meet Campus Celeb ModelME BC: Real People, Real Models

By Katie Aguayo
April 30, 2014 - 12:00am

ModelME, an innovative website and campus organization new to BC, is a student-run resource that allows girls to find clothes. It publicizes and celebrates the diverse fashion choices of BC students. Although the website officially launched a little over a month ago, the official launch of ModelME will be in Fall 2014. I met with the creator of ModelME, sophomore Elyse Bush, who emphasizes that her site is all about being confident in what you wear. Can you describe ModelME BC’s purpose? READ MORE

Where Are They Now? Brittany Lewis

By Kelsey Damassa
April 23, 2014 - 12:00am

This week’s Campus Celebrity is one of the girls who started it all at Her Campus BC… Brittany Lewis. As a senior Eagle in 2011, Brittany decided to bring Her Campus to Boston College and we are so happy that she did! Now she is the Director of Campus Development at Her Campus in Boston, continuing to work for the FABULOUS Her Campus group. Read on to learn about her time at BC, her advice to underclassmen, and some of the amazing things she is doing in her professional life! The BC Days 1. What were you involved in at BC? READ MORE

How Much Do Your Clothes REALLY Cost? Meet Campus Celebrity USAS

By Briana Galluccio
April 16, 2014 - 12:00am

Meet the newest club on campus, USAS! USAS stands for United Students Against Sweatshops and Boston College has just opened a chapter this semester. I spoke with club members Gemma Stewart and Katie Berlin to find out more about this progressive club. READ MORE

Meet The Campus School Marathon Committee Chairs

By Alana Dolan
April 12, 2014 - 12:45pm

Everyone remembers Marathon Monday 2013 and the events that followed. Every year, hundreds of Boston College students flood Comm Ave and cheer on the thousands of runners as they go by, including those who run as “bandits.” This year, for security measures, bandits will not be permitted in the marathon. For this week’s Campus Celeb, we interviewed the Campus School Marathon Committee Chairs to learn a little more about what they are doing instead. Jim Andersen A&S ’14 READ MORE

Where Are They Now? Caitlin Mann

By Kelsey Damassa
April 2, 2014 - 12:00am

A new month means a new HC BC alum featured as our Campus Celebrity. We took some time to chat with Caitlin Mann, a former HC BC Campus Correspondent and BC class of 2013 alum. It has been almost a year since she handed over the HC BC reins and embarked on her post-graduation journey. Let’s see what she has been up to and what she misses the most about life on the Heights. The BC Days 1. What were you involved in at BC? READ MORE

Meet the 2014 Relay for Life Event Chairs

By Meghan Gibbons
March 26, 2014 - 12:00am

After months of planning, endless hours of hard work and full-hearted dedication for a great cause, this Friday marks the annual Boston College Relay for Life event. With hundreds of students participating to help end the fight against cancer, there are many heartfelt stories of why people Relay and what brings them to the event. Four people associated with the event that should be recognized are the Event Chairs of this year’s Relay: Shannon Capozzola, Casey Osgood, Mark Maleri and Emily Hoffman. READ MORE

Meet Campus Celeb: Ceara O'Sullivan

By Jenna Postiglione
March 19, 2014 - 12:00am

Meet Ceara O’Sullivan, a woman of many, many talents. You may know her as your Orientation Leader, your Courage-to-Know TA, a director of My Mother’s Fleabag, or maybe from her starring roles in many BC Theatre productions.  Ceara does it all—and makes it look easy. For all the things she is accomplishing everyday, she does it with a smile. Ceara is easily one of the funniest people on this campus. Not only is she co-director of My Mother’s Fleabag, the oldest college improv-comedy group in the nation, but she is also preforming weekly with the PROFESSIONAL comedy troupes of ImprovBoston. Ceara is a member of their Family Show, a clean comedy show geared towards families-- not a simple feat. READ MORE...