Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Celebrities

Meet Campus Celeb: Goose Crossing!

By Niloufar Abae
October 1, 2014 - 11:20am

Meet the comedic minds behind Boston College’s sketch comedy group, Goose Crossing! I got the chance to talk with senior John Schettino about how the group came to be, the writing, filming and editing process, and everything else that goes into these hilarious sketches. Read on to find out more! READ MORE

Meet the Minds Behind Orgo Made Simple

By Molly Saint
September 24, 2014 - 11:08am

Do you know what’s really stressful?  Organic Chemistry.  Do you know what is really great?  The five BC students who created Orgo Made Simple, a free resource that will help BC students (and other students around the country) sift through the difficult and often confusing material that accompanies Organic Chemistry classes.  Did we mention that it is free? READ MORE

Fall Celeb Sightings at BC

By Catherine MacKeen
September 17, 2014 - 12:00am

We’re all familiar with the frenzy created by Liam Neeson’s surprise visit to BC’s campus with his son last semester. After swarms of students rushed to find Neeson and take photos with him, it became clear that the BC community loves their celeb appearances! So, what other famous faces have been on campus as of late? In case you missed the Instas, Tweets and FB posts by BC friends, here are a few celebs spotted on The Heights so far this semester! Jermaine Jones posing with fans at the BC men’s soccer game! READ MORE

Meet Campus Celeb BC Pom Squad: Girls Behind the Poms

By Lexie Pereira
September 13, 2014 - 12:00am

You’ve seen ‘em, you’ve heard ‘em, now meet ‘em: The Boston College Pom Squad. Contrary to popular belief, there is a difference between the Cheerleading Team, Dance Team, and Pom Squad. As part of the Spirit Program, these dancers perform at all home football and basketball games, travel with the basketball teams, and occasionally participate in national competitions. In many senses, members of the BC Pom Squad are much like real celebrities with ESPN television features, photo opportunities, and autograph signings. READ MORE

Meet Campus School Volunteer Coordinator Sean Schofield!!

By Meghan Gibbons
May 9, 2014 - 12:00am

For anyone that is familiar with the Campus School and the Student Volunteers, you are sure to have had the opportunity to work with one of the most kind, warm-hearted and dedicated people of the program. No this is not a student, or a teacher of the Campus School. It is Sean Schofield, who has been the Volunteer Coordinator for the Boston College Campus School Volunteers for the past 13 years. READ MORE

Meet Campus Celeb ModelME BC: Real People, Real Models

By Katie Aguayo
April 30, 2014 - 12:00am

ModelME, an innovative website and campus organization new to BC, is a student-run resource that allows girls to find clothes. It publicizes and celebrates the diverse fashion choices of BC students. Although the website officially launched a little over a month ago, the official launch of ModelME will be in Fall 2014. I met with the creator of ModelME, sophomore Elyse Bush, who emphasizes that her site is all about being confident in what you wear. Can you describe ModelME BC’s purpose? READ MORE

Where Are They Now? Brittany Lewis

By Kelsey Damassa
April 23, 2014 - 12:00am

This week’s Campus Celebrity is one of the girls who started it all at Her Campus BC… Brittany Lewis. As a senior Eagle in 2011, Brittany decided to bring Her Campus to Boston College and we are so happy that she did! Now she is the Director of Campus Development at Her Campus in Boston, continuing to work for the FABULOUS Her Campus group. Read on to learn about her time at BC, her advice to underclassmen, and some of the amazing things she is doing in her professional life! The BC Days 1. What were you involved in at BC? READ MORE

How Much Do Your Clothes REALLY Cost? Meet Campus Celebrity USAS

By Briana Galluccio
April 16, 2014 - 12:00am

Meet the newest club on campus, USAS! USAS stands for United Students Against Sweatshops and Boston College has just opened a chapter this semester. I spoke with club members Gemma Stewart and Katie Berlin to find out more about this progressive club. READ MORE

Meet The Campus School Marathon Committee Chairs

By Alana Dolan
April 12, 2014 - 12:45pm

Everyone remembers Marathon Monday 2013 and the events that followed. Every year, hundreds of Boston College students flood Comm Ave and cheer on the thousands of runners as they go by, including those who run as “bandits.” This year, for security measures, bandits will not be permitted in the marathon. For this week’s Campus Celeb, we interviewed the Campus School Marathon Committee Chairs to learn a little more about what they are doing instead. Jim Andersen A&S ’14 READ MORE

Where Are They Now? Caitlin Mann

By Kelsey Damassa
April 2, 2014 - 12:00am

A new month means a new HC BC alum featured as our Campus Celebrity. We took some time to chat with Caitlin Mann, a former HC BC Campus Correspondent and BC class of 2013 alum. It has been almost a year since she handed over the HC BC reins and embarked on her post-graduation journey. Let’s see what she has been up to and what she misses the most about life on the Heights. The BC Days 1. What were you involved in at BC? READ MORE