Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Celebrities

Where Are They Now? Brittany Lewis

By Kelsey Damassa
April 23, 2014 - 12:00am

This week’s Campus Celebrity is one of the girls who started it all at Her Campus BC… Brittany Lewis. As a senior Eagle in 2011, Brittany decided to bring Her Campus to Boston College and we are so happy that she did! Now she is the Director of Campus Development at Her Campus in Boston, continuing to work for the FABULOUS Her Campus group. Read on to learn about her time at BC, her advice to underclassmen, and some of the amazing things she is doing in her professional life! The BC Days 1. What were you involved in at BC? READ MORE

How Much Do Your Clothes REALLY Cost? Meet Campus Celebrity USAS

By Briana Galluccio
April 16, 2014 - 12:00am

Meet the newest club on campus, USAS! USAS stands for United Students Against Sweatshops and Boston College has just opened a chapter this semester. I spoke with club members Gemma Stewart and Katie Berlin to find out more about this progressive club. READ MORE

Meet The Campus School Marathon Committee Chairs

By Alana Dolan
April 12, 2014 - 12:45pm

Everyone remembers Marathon Monday 2013 and the events that followed. Every year, hundreds of Boston College students flood Comm Ave and cheer on the thousands of runners as they go by, including those who run as “bandits.” This year, for security measures, bandits will not be permitted in the marathon. For this week’s Campus Celeb, we interviewed the Campus School Marathon Committee Chairs to learn a little more about what they are doing instead. Jim Andersen A&S ’14 READ MORE

Where Are They Now? Caitlin Mann

By Kelsey Damassa
April 2, 2014 - 12:00am

A new month means a new HC BC alum featured as our Campus Celebrity. We took some time to chat with Caitlin Mann, a former HC BC Campus Correspondent and BC class of 2013 alum. It has been almost a year since she handed over the HC BC reins and embarked on her post-graduation journey. Let’s see what she has been up to and what she misses the most about life on the Heights. The BC Days 1. What were you involved in at BC? READ MORE

Meet the 2014 Relay for Life Event Chairs

By Meghan Gibbons
March 26, 2014 - 12:00am

After months of planning, endless hours of hard work and full-hearted dedication for a great cause, this Friday marks the annual Boston College Relay for Life event. With hundreds of students participating to help end the fight against cancer, there are many heartfelt stories of why people Relay and what brings them to the event. Four people associated with the event that should be recognized are the Event Chairs of this year’s Relay: Shannon Capozzola, Casey Osgood, Mark Maleri and Emily Hoffman. READ MORE

Meet Campus Celeb: Ceara O'Sullivan

By Jenna Postiglione
March 19, 2014 - 12:00am

Meet Ceara O’Sullivan, a woman of many, many talents. You may know her as your Orientation Leader, your Courage-to-Know TA, a director of My Mother’s Fleabag, or maybe from her starring roles in many BC Theatre productions.  Ceara does it all—and makes it look easy. For all the things she is accomplishing everyday, she does it with a smile. Ceara is easily one of the funniest people on this campus. Not only is she co-director of My Mother’s Fleabag, the oldest college improv-comedy group in the nation, but she is also preforming weekly with the PROFESSIONAL comedy troupes of ImprovBoston. Ceara is a member of their Family Show, a clean comedy show geared towards families-- not a simple feat. READ MORE...

Meet XFIT Instructors Austin and Cody!

By Briana Galluccio, Jamie Liptack
March 12, 2014 - 12:00am

Everyone has heard of of the XFIT program at BC, but do you know exactly what XFIT is or who the awesome guys are that run it? Austin Brown and Cody Nadeau are the dynamic duo behind these intense workouts. They enjoy working out and try to bring that enthusiasm and their sense of humors to class.  Read on to find out more! Austin: Hometown: Barrington, RI Class: Senior, 2014 School: CSOM, Finance, Accounting, Math READ MORE

Student Martial Arts Club (SMAC)

By Shannon Louie
March 5, 2014 - 11:59pm

After the former Karate Club disbanded several years ago, there has been a lack of presence of a student organization dedicated to the martial arts. With a background of seven years in Tae Kwon Do, I was disappointed to only able to continue training when performing for the culture shows. However, there is a relatively new student-run club on campus called SMAC, the Student Martial Arts Club. What is SMAC? READ MORE

Celebrity Spotlight: The English Association!

By Missa Sangimino
February 26, 2014 - 12:00am

For all those writers, readers, lit enthusiasts, and coffee drinkers out there, checking out the English Association definitely seems worth your while! The English Association, just recently reactivated and rejuvenated at BC, adventures around campus and into Boston to pursue all awesome literary interests. Meet Natasza and Natalie: two of the E-Board members behind the recently invigorated club! What interests or needs in the BC Community brought on the idea for the English Association? READ MORE

Meet Rebecca Kelley, Co-Director of The Vagina Monologues!

By Katie Tedesco
February 19, 2014 - 12:00am

A few weekends ago The Vagina Monologues were performed on BC’s campus. Whether you were there to support a friend or see what all the fuss is about, it proved to be a memorable and truly amazing experience. If you didn’t go, read on to hear about the show and it’s co-director, senior Rebecca Kelley! After one conversation with her about the show, I couldn’t help but feel empowered and passionate about the monologues and the issues they address, and hopefully after reading you’ll feel the same. How did you get involved in The Vagina Monologues? READ MORE