Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Celebrities

Presenting MASTI

By Nadya Karpova
October 16, 2014 - 12:00am

With a name that translates to “fun” in Hindi, you can be sure that watching MASTI perform is, indeed, (super) fun! From their sparkly costumes and beautiful bangles to their extreme energy, MASTI dancers successfully tie in culture and technique when they hit the stage. They aim to inspire their audiences, and they’re pretty good at it given it’s hard to leave a MASTI show without a smile on your face. To be sure, the members’ talents do not go unnoticed – they were the Cultural Champions at The Annual Showdown earlier this year!   READ MORE

An Interview with Campus Musician, Ivonne Grunseich

By Katherine Valentino
October 11, 2014 - 12:00am

The past month or so, I have noticed that it seems as if my roommate (and close high school friend), Ivonne Grunseich, is always carrying an instrument and a ton of sheet music, heading off to rehearsals, or going to the practice rooms. And no, she is not a music major. In fact, she is in the Lynch School of Education with a double major in math and secondary education! So, I decided that it would be a good idea to sit down with her and have a conversation about music! Well, let’s start off with telling the readers about the range of instruments that you have played over the years. READ MORE

Meet Campus Celeb: Goose Crossing!

By Niloufar Abae
October 1, 2014 - 11:20am

Meet the comedic minds behind Boston College’s sketch comedy group, Goose Crossing! I got the chance to talk with senior John Schettino about how the group came to be, the writing, filming and editing process, and everything else that goes into these hilarious sketches. Read on to find out more! READ MORE

Meet the Minds Behind Orgo Made Simple

By Molly Saint
September 24, 2014 - 11:08am

Do you know what’s really stressful?  Organic Chemistry.  Do you know what is really great?  The five BC students who created Orgo Made Simple, a free resource that will help BC students (and other students around the country) sift through the difficult and often confusing material that accompanies Organic Chemistry classes.  Did we mention that it is free? READ MORE

Fall Celeb Sightings at BC

By Catherine MacKeen
September 17, 2014 - 12:00am

We’re all familiar with the frenzy created by Liam Neeson’s surprise visit to BC’s campus with his son last semester. After swarms of students rushed to find Neeson and take photos with him, it became clear that the BC community loves their celeb appearances! So, what other famous faces have been on campus as of late? In case you missed the Instas, Tweets and FB posts by BC friends, here are a few celebs spotted on The Heights so far this semester! Jermaine Jones posing with fans at the BC men’s soccer game! READ MORE

Meet Campus Celeb BC Pom Squad: Girls Behind the Poms

By Lexie Pereira
September 13, 2014 - 12:00am

You’ve seen ‘em, you’ve heard ‘em, now meet ‘em: The Boston College Pom Squad. Contrary to popular belief, there is a difference between the Cheerleading Team, Dance Team, and Pom Squad. As part of the Spirit Program, these dancers perform at all home football and basketball games, travel with the basketball teams, and occasionally participate in national competitions. In many senses, members of the BC Pom Squad are much like real celebrities with ESPN television features, photo opportunities, and autograph signings. READ MORE

Meet Campus School Volunteer Coordinator Sean Schofield!!

By Meghan Gibbons
May 9, 2014 - 12:00am

For anyone that is familiar with the Campus School and the Student Volunteers, you are sure to have had the opportunity to work with one of the most kind, warm-hearted and dedicated people of the program. No this is not a student, or a teacher of the Campus School. It is Sean Schofield, who has been the Volunteer Coordinator for the Boston College Campus School Volunteers for the past 13 years. READ MORE

Meet Campus Celeb ModelME BC: Real People, Real Models

By Katie Aguayo
April 30, 2014 - 12:00am

ModelME, an innovative website and campus organization new to BC, is a student-run resource that allows girls to find clothes. It publicizes and celebrates the diverse fashion choices of BC students. Although the website officially launched a little over a month ago, the official launch of ModelME will be in Fall 2014. I met with the creator of ModelME, sophomore Elyse Bush, who emphasizes that her site is all about being confident in what you wear. Can you describe ModelME BC’s purpose? READ MORE

Where Are They Now? Brittany Lewis

By Kelsey Damassa
April 23, 2014 - 12:00am

This week’s Campus Celebrity is one of the girls who started it all at Her Campus BC… Brittany Lewis. As a senior Eagle in 2011, Brittany decided to bring Her Campus to Boston College and we are so happy that she did! Now she is the Director of Campus Development at Her Campus in Boston, continuing to work for the FABULOUS Her Campus group. Read on to learn about her time at BC, her advice to underclassmen, and some of the amazing things she is doing in her professional life! The BC Days 1. What were you involved in at BC? READ MORE

How Much Do Your Clothes REALLY Cost? Meet Campus Celebrity USAS

By Briana Galluccio
April 16, 2014 - 12:00am

Meet the newest club on campus, USAS! USAS stands for United Students Against Sweatshops and Boston College has just opened a chapter this semester. I spoke with club members Gemma Stewart and Katie Berlin to find out more about this progressive club. READ MORE