Campus Profile: Meet Campus School Volunteers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Campus School Volunteers is a wonderful organization on campus. The officers of this student organization took the time to discuss their work and the influence the Campus School has on their lives. Campus School is a special place located in Campion and I encourage all readers to get involved!

How many members do you have in your organization? Are there various committees within the organization?

Over 300 BC students volunteer within the Campus School!Yes, the Committee Chairs are broken down into 9 committees: Buddy, Literacy, Eagle  Eyes, Publications, Special Events, Broom Hockey, Golf, Marathon, and Acapella.

Why do you think students at Boston College should volunteer for the Campus School?

BC student should volunteer for the Campus School because it is truly a gift to be able to work with and on behalf of these students. The children of the campus school give to us more than we could ever give to them and for that we are always thankful. This sentiment is honestly difficult to convey in words but it is the reason that people should feel compelled to get involved.

Why did you personally decide to become an officer of the Campus School?

Any volunteer you ask would likely say they joined the campus school volunteers not only because they were looking for a way to give back, but more importantly because they were looking to build authentic relationships with the students and staff that populate this wonderful place.

What is your club’s motto?

“Realizing the potential in all students” is the motto of the Campus School itself. If the volunteers were to have a motto it would be, “From those we seek to serve, we receive more than we could ever wish for.”

Are there any specific events occurring this semester that you are excited to host?

• Campus School Tailgate (10/24)

• Halloween party (10/28)

• Spikeball Tournament (10/29)

• Newton Chilly Half Marathon (11/13)

Describe the Campus School in a few words.

The Campus School is a home, family, supporting, loving, fun, authentic, and these words do not even begin to describe how amazing this place is!

If students are looking to get involved, in what ways can they do so?

Molly is a senior at Boston College studying Communication and Political Science. She is currently a Campus Corespondent for Her Campus BC and is looking forward to writing articles! She loves to travel, hangout with her friends, and go on adventures. Her mantra is "If you are always trying to be normal, you'll never know how amazing you can be" - Maya Angelou.