Boston Strong Fashion Show Recap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Two words: fashion show.  What’s not to love?  Her Campus BC worked with Strong Women Strong Girls at BC and Rent the Runway on Thursday to put on the incredibly successful Boston Strong Fashion Show.  We are proud to announce that we raised over $1700 that went entirely to our two charities: The One Fund Boston and Birthday Wishes.

The show was held in the Rat, a surprisingly perfect venue for such an event.  The atmosphere felt cozy, yet still fun and glamorous.  A runway lined with twinkly lights centered the space, with rows of chairs for our audience on both sides.  There was immense energy from the start thanks to our amazing DJ blasting music as people filed in for the show.  As everyone happily chatted over the contents of our awesome goody bags, Dance Organization of Boston College entertained with three pumped up routines.  After the crowd was thoroughly warmed up and excited, our gorgeous models headed out, rocking all sorts of outfits.  Some articles of clothing from the outfits later served as raffle items.  The crowd went wild as models strutted, danced, and did tricks along the runway.  As the evening came to a close, we were graced with the talented voices of The Acoustics performing a varied and fun set of songs.  Finally, by the end of the night, we were all jumping with excitement as amazing raffle items were called out and claimed by winners.

All in all, the Boston Strong Fashion Show was not only a successful fundraising event, but also an entertaining and lively one for all the attendees.  We are so thankful for those who came out, supported, and donated to our cause.  We could not have done it without you!

To see more pictures from the event (including all of the photo booth pictures!), head to the Her Campus BC Facebook page and look for the Boston Strong Fashion Show photo album!

Photo Sources:

Niloufar Abae

Camilla Creatura

Remy Hassett

Niloufar is a senior at Boston College, majoring in French and English. 
Kelsey Damassa is in her senior year at Boston College, majoring in Communications and English. She is a native of Connecticut and frequents New York City like it is her job. On campus, she is the Campus Correspondent for the Boston College branch of Her Campus. She also teaches group fitness classes at the campus gym (both Spinning and Pump It Up!) and is an avid runner. She has run five half-marathons as well as the Boston Marathon. In her free time, Kelsey loves to bake (cupcakes anyone?), watch Disney movies, exercise, read any kind of novel with a Starbucks latte in hand, and watch endless episodes of "Friends" or "30 Rock."