The Best of Pinterest Food Porn, er We Mean Boards. Food Boards.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Gooey chocolate chip cookies.  Decadent chocolate brownies sprinkled with just the right amount of toffee. 7-layer cake with fluffy buttercream frosting and toasted coconut.  Don’t have a sweet tooth?  Maybe macaroni and cheese with a toasted, breadcrumb crust or whole-wheat pizza with goat cheese, spinach, and tomato will make your mouth water.  Are you hungry yet?

For some reason, we absolutely love salivating over food boards on Pinterest.  I don’t know about you, but I can spend endless hours looking at images in the “Food and Drink” section.  Maybe it is to fill the baking and cooking void that comes with not having a kitchen on campus, or maybe I just like to torture myself with the promise of delicious food outside of BC dining.  Whatever the reason may be, Pinterest has become the go to site for food porn.  Here are some of my favorite food boards specializing in everything from baked goods, to vegetarian meals and smoothies to hearty pastas and pizzas.

1. For the Health Conscious: Healthy Foods by Ves151 
Eating healthy does not mean that food has to be bland, boring, and unpleasing to the eye.  This food board has a variety of healthy recipes ranging from savory quinoa salad to low calorie cheesecake bars.  Find inspiration for tasty meals that won’t hurt your waistline.

2. For the Smoothie Lover: Fresh Smoothies by myHealthyOC
With the arrival of warm weather, smoothies are a perfect option for breakfast, lunch, a midafternoon snack, or even a light dessert.  The fruit and vegetable combinations on this board are endless.  Collegiettes could probably try a different smoothie each day this summer and still have more options to explore.

3. For the Dessert Lover: Sweet Tooth by Whole Foods 
Warning: Don’t look at this blog if you are hungry and dessert is in reach.  It will make you crave cookies, cupcakes, brownies, and any other delicious treat that you can get your hands on.  Compiled by Whole Foods, every image is decadent, delicious, and purely sweet.

4. For the Style Savvy: Eat Up by Michael Kors 
Michael Kors might dominate the fashion scene, but who knew that he is a culinary connoisseur?  Every pin is mouthwatering perfection from handcrafted granola cups to butternut squash and ricotta gnocchi.  Clearly his taste for the fashionable carries over to his taste for fine cuisine.

5. For the Photographer: Eat with Style by Bonnie Tsang
Bonnie Tsang is a lifestyle and portrait photographer in Los Angeles and her work is absolutely breathtaking. This board is perfect for any aspiring food photographers or just collegiette who appreciates a good photo. Food has never looked so good.

6. For the Pasta Connoisseur: All About Pasta! by Food Network [http://pinterest.com/bgskcollege/all-about-pasta/]
Everyone loves a good plate of pasta, whether it is spaghetti smothered in vodka sauce or mushroom ravioli topped with fresh Parmesan cheese.  My favorite pasta pin? The lasagna cupcakes.  They are simple, adorable and a great idea for a fun appetizer.

7. For the Baker: Baking and Desserts by Martha Stewart [http://pinterest.com/ms_living/baking-and-desserts/]
Martha Stewart is the queen of baking.  She has mastered cookies, cakes, brownies, pies, breads, and pretty much every delicious treat imaginable.  It is no surprise that her baking and desserts pin board would be foodie heaven on earth.

8. For the Chocolate Freak: Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate! By Kay Gilbert
I have worked in a chocolate shop for almost four years, so I am no stranger when it comes to chocolate decadence. In fact, chocolate doesn’t even tempt me anymore.  However, looking at Kay Gilbert’s pinned images make me crave every chocolate concoction known to man.  Craving chocolate?  Why not try browsing this board? Maybe looking at chocolaty images will cure a collegiette’s craving!

9. For the Vegetarian: Vegetarian Noms by Jennifer Sevier
The name of this board gets me every time – Noms just makes everything sound better.  Anyways, vegetarians like good food, too, and Jennifer Sevier’s board has amazing ideas for any vegetarian.  Every pin features a wholesome, protein-rich, dish, which will inspire more than just vegetarians to try out the recipes.

10. For the Disney Foodie: Disney Food by Brittany Sanft
I couldn’t write this article without including Disney because Disney knows how to do food right.  If you have ever been to Disneyland or Disneyworld, you know that there are tons of restaurants with enticing entrees and jaw-dropping desserts.  Not only does this board include Disney’s own masterpieces, but it also includes fun treats dedicated to the magic of Disney.

These are just a few of my favorite picks, but the food boards on Pinterest are endless. What are your favorite food boards? Let us know in the comments!

Kelsey Damassa is in her senior year at Boston College, majoring in Communications and English. She is a native of Connecticut and frequents New York City like it is her job. On campus, she is the Campus Correspondent for the Boston College branch of Her Campus. She also teaches group fitness classes at the campus gym (both Spinning and Pump It Up!) and is an avid runner. She has run five half-marathons as well as the Boston Marathon. In her free time, Kelsey loves to bake (cupcakes anyone?), watch Disney movies, exercise, read any kind of novel with a Starbucks latte in hand, and watch endless episodes of "Friends" or "30 Rock."