Best Bars and Restaurants in Boston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Eating and drinking around BC is fun for a while, but it definitely gets monotonous at some point.   Here are a few suggestions for great restaurants and bars in different areas around Boston.  Get into the city for a Saturday night or a friend’s birthday party and discover some delicious and exciting new options!

1. The Paris Creperie

Location: Coolidge Corner

Description: Probably the best crepes I’ve tasted outside of France, itself!  Paris offers a variety of both creative savory and sweet options though I highly recommend the nutella cannoli crepe or the amazing nutella frozen hot chocolate!  It’s not a far T ride so there is no excuse in not testing this café out…you may even spot Paris Crepes’ very own food truck cruising around Boston!

1. Drink

Location: Fort Point Channel, Congress Street

Description: Of all the destinations on this list I’m most excited about this one!  Drink is a fairly new bar that is oh so chic.  The concept: no set drink menu, just expert mix-ologists who craft unique drink creations based on drinks you already like.  The atmosphere is sleek and sophisticated, making for a very adult night out.  I imagine the girls of Sex and the City sipping on alternative cosmopolitans right next to me at the bar!

1. Il Villaggio

Location: The North End, Hanover Street

Description: Absolutely my favorite place in the North End for authentic Italian food!  The most adorable restaurant in Boston, Il Villaggio seats only about thirty diners and with its tin ceiling and mood lighting, it creates the perfect date night atmosphere.  If you want to experience a cozy and beyond delicious meal, Il Villaggio is for you. 

1. Blue Dragon

Location: Fort Point Channel, A Street

Description: Definitely the coolest restaurant/bar I’ve been too recently, Blue Dragon is a mix of rustic, hipster, and Asian-inspired décor.  The menu is Asian infusion with the small plate style of Spanish tapas.  My favorite part is that the owner and head chef, Ming Tsai (who also has his own food network show), is always around chatting with diners and offering menu suggestions.  My favorite of his picks? Teriyaki bison (yes, I said BISON) mini burgers!

[pagebreak]

1. Sonsie

Location: Newbury Street

Description: If you’ve already been shopping on Newbury you have definitely passed Sonsie.  Close to the Hines Convention Center T stop, this pizzeria rolls up its giant front window so diners inside meet the street.  There are lots of interesting pizza options with all sorts of toppings, as well as other full dinner options.  Its a great place to sit and take in the busy street life of Newbury after a long day of shopping!

1. Bleacher Bar

Location: Fenway Park

Description: Whether a Red Sox fan, baseball fan, or neither, this is just a really fun and unique bar experience.  Bleacher Bar is located directly under the bleacher section at Fenway with a big window that looks right onto the park’s outfield.  You don’t have to be attending a live game to partake in the fun, but it’s a perfect stop for some brews and apps before making your way to a game!

Photo Sources:

http://www.shallotsandchalets.com/category/destinations/north-america/united-states/

http://www.north-end-boston.com/b3600/il_Villaggio  

Meghan Gibbons is a double major in Communications and Political Science in her senior year at Boston College. Although originally from New Jersey, she is a huge fan of all Boston sports! Along with her at Boston College is her identical twin, who she always enjoys playing twin pranks with. Meghan is a huge foodie, book worm and beach bum