Beginning of the Semester vs. Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Well it’s finals time again! I don’t know about you, but this semester has been such a weird one. Parts of the semester seemed to drag on and on especially during the months of January and February. After that, the semester seems to have totally flown by! Finals are always filled with so many mixed emotions. You’re relieved that classes are over and that you’ve almost completed another semester, but you’re sad when you realize that you’re not going to see your friends all summer.

Last year, I was so burned out by the end of the semester that I was counting down the days until I could get some sleep and relax. Then, when finals were over, I found myself wishing the semester hadn’t ended so soon. It’s always the little things that we don’t realize we’ll miss. I missed having all of my friends nearby and being able to hangout whenever we wanted to. The little things like brushing your teeth every night at the same time as your friends in your hall are the things you’ll miss this summer. Freshman year ended way too quickly for me!

But, before we can relax, get some sleep, and see our families, we have to get through what is perhaps one of the worst parts of college… FINALS! Finals cause so much anxiety, stress, and general unhappiness. It always makes me laugh to think about how different the beginning of the semester was compared to the end of the semester when all anyone wants to do is get through finals in a somewhat healthy way.

Hanging out with your friends…

Beginning of the semester…

Now…

Studying in the library…

Start of the semester…

During finals week…

Talking about the weekend with your friends…

Beginning of the semester:

Now:

Hitting up the plex…

Beginning of the semester…

End of the semester…

Getting ready in the morning…

Beginning of the semester…

Now…

Good luck studying!

Sources:

http://realitytvgifs.tumblr.com

Emily is a junior Communications major at Boston College. She loves all things health & wellness and is very involved on campus. In addition to being a writer for Her Campus, she is also involved in Women in Business and Student Admissions Program, and she is a Barbour Brand Ambassador. In her spare time, she can be found catching up on the news via the obscene number of publications she checks each day, sweating it out at SoulCycle, or enjoying a meal with friends.
Niloufar is a senior at Boston College, majoring in French and English.