BC Housing Through the Years

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

This may seem like a weird time for an article about housing, but as my roommates go on apartment tours and discuss study abroad plans, I start to panic even more that I am not going abroad, and I am not living off campus. I first thought this would be the simple solution, but nothing about BC housing could possibly be simple. Here’s what the housing process looks like for every year:

Freshman Year:

This year is probably the easiest as all freshmen get randomly placed throughout campus, yet everyone worries about getting put on the dreaded Newton. For the record, Newton is awesome and I’ll take it over a forced triple any day! Most people end up loving their freshmen year dorm, and realize they were worried about nothing.

Sophomore Year:

This is said to be the worst year for housing. Friendships will be tested, and you will spend hours strategizing on how to avoid CoRo. If you end up with an 8-man, it can make you feel like you won the Hunger Games.

Junior Year:

Junior year housing is literally a mess. Your friends want to move off campus, even though they have four years of housing. Then the friends who are staying on campus are going abroad, then they’re not, and then they are again. The goal for junior year is to just find a place to sleep. Don’t stress! Everyone is in the same situation.

Senior Year:

By the time senior year rolls around, everyone is so over housing and pick times. While there are so many options for senior housing, it seems as if there are only two: the Mods and everything else. Even if you weren’t one of the lucky ones to be living in a Mod this year, just think that you will never have to deal with strangers trying to sneak in your back door every weekend.

Best of luck collegiettes, and may the housing odds be ever in your favor!

Photo Sources:

http://f.tqn.com/y/collegeapps/1/S/9/V/-/-/boston-college-mods.jpg

http://yennycheung.com/the-housing-games/

Taylor is a Junior at Boston College, majoring in Economics and minoring in English. When not writing articles for Her Campus BC, she can be found at BCMUN meetings, volunteering in the Admissions office, or taking classes at the Plex.
Blake is a senior at Boston College and is pursuing Biology and Pre-Med, as well as the perfect slice of pizza. She is so excited to be a co-Campus Correspondent along with Emily this year! As well as being a writer for Her Campus BC, she is also a member of the Girls Club Lacrosse team, the Public Health Club, and is a physics tutor on campus.