Are you Daps-Happy ?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

I’m never going to find an internship this summer. I’ve applied to every job listed online and no one has e-mailed me, called me, or anything. I’m doomed to be unemployed forever.

Fear no more, Dapsity is here! Dapsity is the Tinder of the employment world, making it super easy to match you with your perfect internship for the summer or your dream, post-college job.

Dapsity is a free phone app specifically designed with college students in mind. It allows Collegiettes to easily find internships and jobs during the school year, during summer, or even after graduation! It’s possible to literally swipe through hundreds of jobs in a single minute that all pertain to your interests and needs! Getting excited yet?

You can sign up using your email, Facebook, or LinkedIn account (or a combination of the three). I started with my email to check it out at first, but I added my other two accounts when I realized just how safe and awesome this app really is!

You then are able to set up your search criteria and matching preferences, which you can continue to change whenever you want to. You can set up your search based on location, job type, preferred companies, job titles, and keywords. It really works, too! I narrowed my search to a marketing internship in New York City, and I immediately got so many options for exactly what I was looking for!

As you use the app, you primarily search through the job cards section. You will be presented on one screen with the position, the company name, the location of the job, as well as a quick description of the position. If you press on the “i” info button, you will get a full description of the job. Then you can either swipe right (check) or swipe left (x) to save or skip a job, respectively. I went on a saving and skipping spree, and ended up saving about 40 and skipping about 35 in one sitting. Whoops!

Then, whenever you want, you can view your saved jobs (or your skipped jobs, if you really want to). In your saved jobs, it will have all the information about the position and you can be directed to the website and application form! It seriously has never been easier to find your perfect job! We think it’s time to for you to download Dapsity… what are you waiting for?

Photo Sources:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dapsity-job-search/id730820876?mt=8

http://pandawhale.com/post/22724/george-costanza-reaction-gifs

https://www.facebook.com/appcenter/409137822519001

Kelsey Damassa is in her senior year at Boston College, majoring in Communications and English. She is a native of Connecticut and frequents New York City like it is her job. On campus, she is the Campus Correspondent for the Boston College branch of Her Campus. She also teaches group fitness classes at the campus gym (both Spinning and Pump It Up!) and is an avid runner. She has run five half-marathons as well as the Boston Marathon. In her free time, Kelsey loves to bake (cupcakes anyone?), watch Disney movies, exercise, read any kind of novel with a Starbucks latte in hand, and watch endless episodes of "Friends" or "30 Rock."