Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Archives

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

By Catherine Kriendler
October 8, 2014 - 12:09pm

Great shot of Fenway by HC BC member Catherine Kriendler! READ MORE

The Last Supper

By Mary Lou Ponsetto
October 8, 2014 - 12:00am

The Last Supper is the working title of Her Campus BC's weekly food blog. Since it is my senior year here at BC and the blog will chronicle my adventures both in the culinary arts and mixology (or just critiquing brands), I found the title fitting. For this first week, after having so many home football games, I decided to attempt to make homemade wings with barbeque sauce from scratch. I found my inspiration at allrecipes.com, but added a few twists based on recommendations found in the comments section. Overall the wings were delicious, but the sauce, while tangy and sweet, did not particularly taste like barbeque. READ MORE

How to Stay Ahead When You're Feeling Far Behind

By Nina Tehranian
October 8, 2014 - 12:00am

I know that school starting has made me feel like I'm just treading water, just barely keeping up with the work I have and feeling like every minute of every day is booked to capacity. Well, I hope that it's not just me. I have learned a few things that really help me get through my weeks of internship, classes, work and social life.  ·      Schedule: Write it all out. Everything that has to be done weekly. If you can visualize it, it won’t be as scary each week. READ MORE

Parental Pleasing At BC

By Claire Larson
October 8, 2014 - 12:00am

With the passing of another Parent’s Weekend, there are a few notable lessons that can be learned in order to create a successful family visit.  While every family is different and parents all have their own habits, rules, or traditions, certain actions always stand out as no-fail parental pleasers.  Keeping these tips in mind will ensure both you and your parents enjoy the visit to the fullest. 1.Get Your Work Done READ MORE

Fall Into Fashion Cruise and Lunch

By Carrie Margolis
October 8, 2014 - 12:00am

The Fall Into Fashion Cruise & Lunch started with an hour-long cruise with The Charles Riverboat Company.  Aboard, mannequins and racks were set up featuring “Fall Fashion Vignettes.” After taking many pictures of the fashion and with each other, we then moved on to enjoying mimosas and looking through our “swag bags.” All were excited to share about their blogs, passions, and experiences. Many of the girls were members of The Boston Brunchers group, a meetup for local bloggers and lovers of food. READ MORE

Madewell Did It Better, and “Well”

By Nina Tehranian
October 7, 2014 - 1:00pm

For those of you who were not able to make it to the Madewell event, well, that’s a bummer, because it was great! Her Campus partnered with Madewell to do an evening event at their local store. This fun evening—complete with friends, cute clothes, and free hair styling provided by Be Styled—was was open to all Boston College students! We all had a fantastic time at the event. READ MORE

What I Learned From Living Abroad

By Laura Galligan
October 7, 2014 - 12:00am

At the beginning of my sophomore year of high school, my parents broke the news to me that we were moving to London the following summer. Although many of my friends at the time admitted they were jealous, I was terrified. I didn’t want to give up the life I had in my small hometown in New Jersey. The prospect of having no idea what to expect, not knowing anyone, and having to start over horrified me. Luckily, I had a really positive experience living in London for two years and I wouldn’t want to trade it for the world.  READ MORE

Parents Weekend Tradition

By Alana Dolan
October 7, 2014 - 12:00am

Parents weekend tradition. A night on the Heights with the Pops! READ MORE

Movies from the 90s that Everyone Should See

By Nina Tehranian
October 7, 2014 - 12:00am

Now I know that we are the generation born in the 90s, but hey, not all of us were exposed to the movie magic of the 90s. I am going to share with you some of my childhood favorites as well as some movies that I have come to adore as an adult. I can’t get over how many great movies there were- minus the fashion sense during that decade, but honestly we can let that slide for now. Trust me, once you start you will be looking up all the movies from 90s that you never got to watch as a kid. Below is a list of my favorites and a few sentences on why. Enjoy! 1)    3 Ninjas (1992) READ MORE

Her Campus/Trend Tribe Event Recap

By Victoria Moriarty
October 7, 2014 - 12:00am

On September 18th, Samantha Cooper, founder of the Trend Tribe jewelry company, visited Boston College to partner with Her Campus for an event that featured a talk on starting your own business and breaking out into the fashion world. Everyone who attended the event was able to enter a raffle to win a gorgeous Frye bag. There was also some serious shopping for Trend Tribe’s beautiful fall collection. READ MORE