Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Archives

Corority

By Shannon Motyka
May 10, 2014 - 12:00am

As my sophomore year comes to a close, I can’t help but be grateful for the one thing I was dreading most back in August: living on CoRo.  While most people think CoRo absolutely sucks, and believe me, I’m not saying it’s the most ideal place to live on campus, it has really grown to be my haven here at BC.  Situated on a quiet corner of Upper Campus, the walk up the many staircases to the fourth floor of Williams Hall (which, most delivery places do not even know exists) has become my norm and I’m not ready to leave my home.   READ MORE

Pinterest Fun Fridays on Foster: Strawberry Balsamic Sorbet

By Katherine Valentino
May 9, 2014 - 12:00am

For my last recipe of the semester, I wanted to do something simple and tasty. I was thinking ice cream, but then I came across this sorbet recipe and just couldn’t resist trying it. Keep reading to see how I made it! This week: Strawberry Balsamic Sorbet, courtesy of Mountain Mama Cooks Ingredients: READ MORE

Meet Campus School Volunteer Coordinator Sean Schofield!!

By Meghan Gibbons
May 9, 2014 - 12:00am

For anyone that is familiar with the Campus School and the Student Volunteers, you are sure to have had the opportunity to work with one of the most kind, warm-hearted and dedicated people of the program. No this is not a student, or a teacher of the Campus School. It is Sean Schofield, who has been the Volunteer Coordinator for the Boston College Campus School Volunteers for the past 13 years. READ MORE

Fashion Feature: Let's Go Sox!

By Kelsey Damassa
May 9, 2014 - 12:00am

Names: Kelsey Damassa, Remy Hassett, Hannah Duffy, Kate Steele, Nicole Snapper "We celebrated the end of finals by going to a Red Sox game and the best part was that the Sox won!"   READ MORE

How to Pack a Survival Purse For The Office

By Nina Tehranian
May 9, 2014 - 12:00am

Are you entering into a job or internship that you are thinking “oh my god, I am not ready/mature/smart enough for this real world thing they call work”? Yes, this is a scary idea. You’re entering the jungle that is any new work place. There are so many little things that keep you up at night tossing and turning. Whether you are trying to act like an adult for an internship or if you are really going for it as a graduating senior and about to enter the real world, you will be spending endless hours most likely doing some kind of grunt work in your job. You’re going to be spending countless hours learning the ropes. READ MORE

What Two Years of College Has Taught Me About Roommate Etiquette

By BC Anonymous
May 9, 2014 - 12:00am

The sophomore class is almost officially done with half their college careers, and I figured now would be a good time to reflect on roommate etiquette. This list is based on my own and some of my friends' problems, disagreements, etc that we have had with our roommates over the past 2 years. No matter who you live with, it is rare that it will be perfect all the time so keep these tips in mind next time you share a room. READ MORE

The Dangerous Effects of Sleepless Nights and How to Avoid Them

By Meghan Gibbons
May 9, 2014 - 12:00am

Finals are a time often associated with late nights that often turn into all-nighters. Although you may think a few, or maybe more, all-nighters each semester does no harm, a recent infographic and study by The Huffington Post reveals just how terrifying the effects of sleep deprivation can be. READ MORE

Demimonde Life

By Katherine Valentino
May 8, 2014 - 12:00am

"Demimonde is a venture that seeks to inspire and draw attention to artistic happenings while intertwining pop culture. Inspired by basic color schemes and contemporary streetwear, each piece seeks to draw inspiration from both the high fashion and street wear backgrounds."  All tees are printed on high quality materials and produced in limited number.   As HC BC girls we love high fashion, but want to be comfy too. That's why the Demimonde line is perfect for us!  READ MORE

Meet Campus Cuties Lexi and Katie!

By Alli Hess
May 8, 2014 - 12:00am

Meet Campus Cuties Lexi Schneider and Katie Hayward! They’re on PULSE Council together—a fun and passionate community of 18 students who care about social justice issues and dedicate themselves to the PULSE service-learning program at BC! When Lexi and Katie aren’t saving the world from injustices, they can be seen hanging out in the PULSE office together or eating mango sorbet (or at least that’s Lexi). They’re an amazing friend-duo you don’t wanna miss! The Basics: Names: Lexi Schneider and Katie Hayward READ MORE

Let's Talk About Underwear

By Kelly Mallory
May 8, 2014 - 12:00am

As my mom always says, “Undergarments are everything.” And this piece of wisdom is something I try to remember everyday while getting dressed. Have you ever had the issue of wearing a strapless dress with only a regular bra? Or a backless shirt with the whole back of your bra showing? Or even worse, you don’t know what Spanx are? Here are some underwear accessories that are going to make your wardrobe that much better, and malfunctioning less frequent. Fashion Tape: READ MORE