Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Archives

Spirit Day Fun Run 2014

By Paige Marino
October 15, 2014 - 12:00am

The Campus School celebrated yet another successful Spirit Day/ Fun, Run Walk and Roll! If you are interested in getting involved with The Campus School community and serving students ages 3-21 with severe disabilities and complex healthcare needs, please emailcampusschoolvolunteers@gmail.com! READ MORE

How to Talk to a Boss

By Nina Tehranian
October 15, 2014 - 12:00am

By the time we reach college most of us have had a job, which means most of us have had a boss. Now working at a restaurant or being a babysitter is slightly different than working in an office or corporate environment and even if you don’t work in corporate America, working in a professional setting is still very different than that first job we had back in high school. It sometimes is hard to know where the line is when it comes to talking to a boss, especially if your boss is very friendly and open with you. So the question becomes, how do you talk to your boss? The Friendly Boss: READ MORE

Dear Comm Ave Bus

By Lisamarie DiOrio
October 15, 2014 - 12:00am

Dear Comm Ave Bus, I feel like we have a big love-hate relationship. There are so many times when you’re so great. The walk to my boyfriend’s apartment would be 25 minutes without you. I would never know the joys of Starbucks, Applebee’s, Eagle’s Deli, or even CVS if you weren’t around. And we all know the D line trumps the B line any day, so thanks for that! READ MORE

Men’s Ice Hockey Home Opener

By Hannah Rodgers
October 15, 2014 - 12:00am

Come cheer on your Boston College Eagles as they take on the Colorado State Rams in the home opener of their 2014-2015 ice hockey season. Ticket prices range from $10-$20 for those without a gold pass and can be purchased here.  After a tough loss against UMASS Lowell in their season opener, the Eagles are sure to be on top of their game. Don’t miss out on this chance to show off your BC pride!   photo source: READ MORE

Fall Pumpkin Fest

By Hannah Rodgers
October 15, 2014 - 12:00am

For those looking to get into the Halloween Spirit, Boston Mayor, Marty Walsh, will be hosting “Pumpkin Fest” on Sunday, October 19th from 4:30-6:30 in Boston Common. Bring your own pumpkin or just come watch as floating jack-o-lanterns light up Frog Pond. The event is free, complete with treats and refreshments from various sponsors. For more information, feel free to visit the website.    Photo Source:   http://www.cityofboston.gov/images_documents/pumpkin%20fest%20flyer%20uo......

Boston Bruins vs. New York Islanders

By Hannah Rodgers
October 15, 2014 - 12:00am

For those who love hockey, or are just looking to get a taste of what Boston sports are all about, the Boston Bruins will be taking on the New York Islanders at the TD Garden on Thursday, October 23rd at 7 PM. Ticket prices typically range anywhere from $90-$300 but are going fast, so be sure to grab them before it’s too late! Not only are Bruins games lots of fun, they’re incredibly entertaining, and definitely something you should take advantage of at least once while living in Boston. READ MORE

50th Head of the Charles Regatta

By Erin McLaughlin
October 15, 2014 - 12:00am

Saturday October 18 – 8:00 am to 5:10 pm Sunday October 19 – 8:00 am to 3:50 pm More specifics for event list can be found here.  On October 18th and 19th, make sure to support BC rowing at the 50th anniversary of the Head of the Charles Regatta. Started in 1965, the HOCR is a two-day rowing competition that attracts over 11,000 athletes and 400,000 spectators each year. This year’s competition is sure to be the biggest yet, so grab some friends and spend the weekend out on the water cheering on the BC Eagles. For more information, visit the official Head of the Charles Regatta website...

Boston College Theatre Department presents “A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum”

By Erin McLaughlin
October 15, 2014 - 12:00am

Wednesday Oct 22 – 7:30 pm Thursday Oct 23 – 7:30 pm Friday Oct 24 – 7:30 pm Saturday Oct 25 – 7:30 pm Sunday Oct 26 – 2:00 pm   A Funny Thing Happened On the Way to the Forum is a comedy about a slave tryig to attain freedom in a whimsical ancient Rome. The musical is based around the misadventures of Pseudolus, played by Ryan Cooper (A&S ’16) and is sure to please anyone looking for a good, hearty laugh, with a few curve balls. The show was written in 1962 and has been revived twice on Broadway, and now it’s brought to you live at BC! The show opens October 22nd, so be sure to get your tickets soon at the Robsham box office or online.  ...

Classic Gasson

By Alexis Teixeira
October 14, 2014 - 4:00pm

Classic Gasson looking beautiful as always! READ MORE

Celebrity Brands

By Carrie Margolis
October 14, 2014 - 12:00pm

Countless celebrities have tried their hand at fashion. From collaborating with already established businesses to building a fashion house from the ground up, we have seen our fair share of fabulousness and failures. Here, we have profiled a few of the most interesting celebrity lines. Successful Brands READ MORE