Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Archives

Meet Cutie Tyler Smith!

By Shannon Capozzola
May 1, 2014 - 12:00am

Meet graduating Cutie, Tyler Smith! Whether he is killin’ it in CSOM or having a special moment with his Indian plate from Mac, this senior has loved his time at BC. Make sure to check out his amazing advice about where to go on a first date. The Basics: Name: Tyler Smith Hometown: Canton, Connecticut School/Year: CSOM ‘14 Major: Accounting BC Life: Best Class: Perspectives with Father Tacelli – I guess that doesn’t bode well for the whole studying business thing…sorry Mom and Dad. Worst Class: FAST 2 with Billy Soo – Great guy, TERRIBLE class. READ MORE

Day Tripping From Boston

By Jessica Lyons
May 1, 2014 - 12:00am

For those of us lucky enough to stay in the great city of Boston this summer, it is a wonderful opportunity to explore some areas outside of the city that you might not get a chance to during the school year. You will need a car (or a friend with one) to go to most of these places, but they are worth the gas money! Noanet Woodlands Noanet Woodlands is in Dover, MA, and is only about 10 miles from the city. It is the perfect place to get some fresh air and exercise with walking trails stretching over 17 miles of forest. During the spring and summer there are fields of wildflowers and the woodland’s four ponds are full of turtles and frogs. You can even trek up to the highest peak and catch a view of Boston below. READ...

Fashion Feature: "Casual Tuba"

By Shannon Louie
May 1, 2014 - 12:00am

Name: Parker Aubin Class Year: 2016 Major: Math BS Minor: Geology Describe your style today: "Casual tuba." READ MORE

The Nike Women’s Half Marathon: Just Do It!

By Kelsey Damassa
May 1, 2014 - 12:00am

This past Sunday, women from across the country gathered in Washington DC to show off their strength, perseverance, determination, and most importantly their ability to have a good time! The Nike Women’s Half Marathon took place at 7am on Sunday, April 27th and I was one of the many BC Collegiettes lucky enough to participate. While race admission is based off a lottery system, any college student (with a valid college ID) can bypass the lottery, guaranteeing them a spot at the start line from the very moment they click the “sign up” button. READ MORE

Six Weeks to Heartbreak: The Runner’s World Magazine Heartbreak Hill Half Marathon Festival and Expo

By Meaghan Leahy
April 30, 2014 - 2:00am

Missed Shalane Flanagan run by campus on Marathon Monday? Want to see her at BC again, before next year’s race? Your chance has arrived: the Runner’s World magazine Heartbreak Hill Half Marathon Festival and Expo is coming to BC on June 6th-8th! READ MORE

New Shoe: Sabahs

By Briana Galluccio
April 30, 2014 - 12:00am

You probably haven’t heard of Sabahs before. They’re quality leather shoes that are hand-stitched in Turkey. These slippers are made in the style of an ancient Turkish slipper, and every pair is hand-made, by a family who has passed down the technique for 300 years. READ MORE

The 9 Items You Need In Your Closet

By Molly Saint
April 30, 2014 - 12:00am

By the time you are in college – or worse, 22, and about to graduate – it is time for a serious update to your wardrobe. Now is the time for good quality pieces that you can mix and match. Forever 21 and Target are great, but for the basics, quality is better than quantity. Here are 9 pieces that you really should have in your closet by the time you start college! 1. A pair of dark wash jeans that really fit.  READ MORE

Meet Campus Celeb ModelME BC: Real People, Real Models

By Katie Aguayo
April 30, 2014 - 12:00am

ModelME, an innovative website and campus organization new to BC, is a student-run resource that allows girls to find clothes. It publicizes and celebrates the diverse fashion choices of BC students. Although the website officially launched a little over a month ago, the official launch of ModelME will be in Fall 2014. I met with the creator of ModelME, sophomore Elyse Bush, who emphasizes that her site is all about being confident in what you wear. Can you describe ModelME BC’s purpose? READ MORE

An Ode to Nail Polish

By Alana Dolan
April 30, 2014 - 12:00am

Oh nail polish. Where would we be without you? With your variety of color, there is certainly one to match any outfit. From the simple, light pink hues of Essie’s Ballet Slippers and OPI’s Don’t Burst My Bubble, to the bright red of Old Blightly from butter London. From the browns worn in fall, to the deep purples worn in winter. The periwinkle shades of spring and fluorescent colors of summer. Green for St. Patrick’s Day, Red, white, and blue for the Fourth of July, Black and orange on Halloween. READ MORE

Since When Does "Whoever Cares Less, Wins"

By Morgan Gibbons
April 30, 2014 - 12:00am

As someone who has at times been labeled, “the emotional twin,” and believes that we should not be anxious about letting someone know how we feel, I often struggle with this rule that seems to permeate throughout college campuses: Whoever cares less, wins. I want to care; I want to let you know how I feel-whether I am hurt or happy; I want to see how you are feeling…but if I do, I take the risk of scaring you away. This rule of “whoever cares less” has made college life confusing for both men and women. It is no wonder that there are higher rates of depression and anxiety amongst college students than in the past; many of us have our real and authentic emotions bubbling up inside us. READ MORE
...