Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Archives

Boston College Campus School Fun Run Walk & Roll & Spirit Day

By Alana Dolan
October 10, 2014 - 12:00am

Boston College Campus School Fun Run Walk & Roll & Spirit Day This Friday come out and celebrate with the Campus School and it's volunteers as well as other who have supported them!  Wear your best BC gear and walk, run or roll around the Res as well as be there for a check presentation, and free food! T-shirts will be on sale at the event for those who wish to purchase one. Donations for the Boston College Campus School are greatly appreciated! READ MORE

Why You Should Donate to Senior Class Gift

By Caroline Stride
October 10, 2014 - 12:00am

Tabling for the Senior Class Gift kicked off last week, and many of you have now seen the enthusiastic faces of Senior Class Gift committee members encouraging you to make a donation to the Senior Class Gift.   The Senior Class Gift is a tradition here at BC, where seniors have a chance to make a gift (of any size) to the program or organization that mattered most to them during their time here at the Heights. Why should you make your Senior Gift? 1. University Ranking READ MORE

Judah Friedlander comes to BC

By Alana Dolan
October 10, 2014 - 12:00am

CAB Presents: World Champion Judah Friedlander w/ Chris Gethard If you want a good laugh, you’re in luck! 30 Rock’s Judah Friedlander is coming to BC to perform a Stand Up Comedy in Robsham. Tickets went on sale Monday, October 6 for $10 and are still available. There is no limit for how many tickets you can purchase!    Written by: Vanessa Sewell READ MORE

boohoo Style

By Katherine Valentino
October 9, 2014 - 1:43pm

boohoo style squad member, Erin Fitzpatrick, rocking a boohoo dress! So cute! Use the promo code BCSTYLESQUAD2 for 25% off your whole order on boohooREAD MORE

6 Ways to Prevent the Common Cold

By Alana Dolan
October 9, 2014 - 11:12am

As the weather gets colder, and we continue through the semester, our immune systems aren't as strong as they were when we first got to school. We are now indoors a lot more where the temperature tends to be warmer than it is outside. As more and more people start to become sick, and we find ourselves in closer proximity to them, what are the best ways to avoid getting sick? Sure, it's easy to say stay away from them but in college, that's impossible (unless you have a single and decide to become a hermit). So what CAN you do? Catch Your Zs! READ MORE

Columbus Day Weekend Fun!

By Lisamarie DiOrio
October 9, 2014 - 12:00am

Columbus Day weekend is coming up fast (it’s October 11-13!), and like most BC students, you’ll probably be stuck on campus that weekend. With your extra day off, it would be a waste to spend the whole weekend sitting in your room and watching Netflix (though that is a viable option!), so call up an Uber and hit the road for some classic fall fun! Apple Picking READ MORE

Would You Rush a Fraternity?

By Paula Assou
October 9, 2014 - 12:00am

Sexual assault and harassment have been at the forefront of many discussions surrounding colleges and universities. In light of recent events, it’s not surprising that colleges across the country are diligently trying to improve their response to the handling of sexual violence cases.  A few months ago, 55 colleges were announced to be under investigation. This includes Columbia University, where a Collegiate™ has committed to carrying her mattress with her around campus until her assaulter is removed from campus. READ MORE

Meet Campus Cutie Kam Moore

By Teresa Bravo
October 9, 2014 - 12:00am

Kam Moore, a defensive back on the Boston College football team, comes from Prince George’s County, Maryland. He describes his town “like crabs in a bucket,” where when “one person does well, everyone else tries to pull him or her back down.” He says that this environment motivated him to pursue his goals and chase the opportunities life has to offer, especially those offered at Boston College. When he was recruited the end of his junior year, it was “a dream come true because I found a way out.” At sixteen years old he was ready to break through the barriers of his neighborhood and reach for what is unattainable for so many that surrounded him. READ MORE

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

By Catherine Kriendler
October 8, 2014 - 12:09pm

Great shot of Fenway by HC BC member Catherine Kriendler! READ MORE

Parental Pleasing At BC

By Claire Larson
October 8, 2014 - 12:00am

With the passing of another Parent’s Weekend, there are a few notable lessons that can be learned in order to create a successful family visit.  While every family is different and parents all have their own habits, rules, or traditions, certain actions always stand out as no-fail parental pleasers.  Keeping these tips in mind will ensure both you and your parents enjoy the visit to the fullest. 1.Get Your Work Done READ MORE