Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Archives

Want a Job in the Arts? Search Hire Culture!

By Kristen Gallant
April 9, 2014 - 12:00am

It was an afternoon in the beginning of March when I decided to make my first trip to the Career Center on campus. I was looking for internships that were still accepting applications in the field that I wanted to work in (Museum Studies/Arts Administration). I wasn’t sure if they would have any resources that I hadn’t already found on the Internet, but I was desperate and needed new ideas. Little did I know that the Career Center staff would introduce me to a website that I will surely be frequenting over the next several years. READ MORE

Why Collegiettes Love Game of Thrones

By Kyra Sammis
April 9, 2014 - 12:00am

It’s Sunday at 9pm. My friends are all crowded around the TV, eyes glued to the screen. This night has been ten months in the making and everyone is silent as the opening credits begin. We haven’t been waiting for Pretty Little Liars or The Bachelor. Game of Thrones is back and winter is coming. It’s no secret that Game of Thrones is an incredibly popular show, and its popularity on BC’s campus is no exception (have you seen Yik Yak lately?). Although many would say that Thrones is especially watched by a male audience, my female friends and I would disagree. Here are the top reasons why Collegiettes love GoT. (*Disclaimer: Unless you’re up to date with the current season, beware! Spoilers below.) READ...

Glamorous + Camping = Glamping?

By Morgan Gibbons
April 8, 2014 - 12:00am

What happens when you like the outdoor adventures offered by camping excursions, but you also like a little bit of luxury in your life? You GLAMP! Glamping is just what the combination of two words sound like: glamorous + camping = glamping. For someone who loves roasting marshmallows, bonding by a campfire, and exploring through the woods, but doesn’t love bugs, sleeping on the hard floor instead of a bed and the unhelpful directions involved in pitching a tent, glamping is my solution. Just because you want fun involved in a camping trip does not mean you have to rough it! Professional glamping sites can be found around the world--in Africa, Thailand, Europe, and even here in the U.S.--and they are basically hip and eco-friendly hotels of camping....

Fun & Original Things To Do in NYC

By Nadya Karpova
April 8, 2014 - 12:00am

I’ve traveled to New York City at least four times within the past year. Each time I go, I end up loving the city even more than before! There are a lot of clichéd places to go to and things do to in New York. For example, some of the most visited New York attractions include the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, and the Metropolitan Museum of Art. All of those are great and I definitely recommend that you see them. However, if you are a frequent New York visitor and want to try something new, I’ve compiled a list of some of my favorite “off-the-radar” places or activities in the city. In no particular order, I’d highly recommend: 1. Row Boats in Central Park READ MORE

Wearing Your Guy's Clothing: Spring Edition

By Anne Flick
April 8, 2014 - 12:00am

So it's a new month, a new season, and hopefully the start of six months of warm weather! My boyfriend and I have come to an agreement that I can steal his clothes, but I have to give something back then. If you haven't checked out my first men's clothing article, click here. If you've already seen it, I have three new additions to my wardrobe and here are some tips on how to wear them! T-Shirt I love working out in baggy shirts because I hate having tight, sweaty clothes on (seriously gross). I wore his navy blue tee, my bright pink shorts, and sneakers for a seriously comfy workout outfit. READ MORE

Fashion Feature: Embracing Spring

By Nina Tehranian
April 8, 2014 - 12:00am

Names: Emma and Kayla   Emma and Kayla are loving the fun style of Spring in their choice of outfits here! They are embracing the warm weather with a sheer top (on left) and a flowy, flowery top (on right). They both agree that, "it's totally time to embrace the sun and warmer weather, we hope!"    Looking cute and springy ladies!   READ MORE

Boston Red Sox vs. Orioles

By Katie Tedesco
April 8, 2014 - 12:00am

Boston Red Sox Vs. Baltimore Orioles When: Friday April 18th 7:10 pm Where: Fenway Park Tickets: boston.redsox.mlb.com Visit Boston's beloved ball park and baseball team and support the Red Sox as they take on the Baltimore Orioles. Celebrate the second series of the Sox home games and get ready for Marathon Monday! READ MORE

Boston Red Sox vs. Orioles

By Katie Tedesco
April 8, 2014 - 12:00am

Boston Red Sox Vs. Baltimore Orioles When: Saturday April 19th 1:15 pm Where: Fenway Park Tickets: boston.redsox.mlb.com Visit Boston's beloved ball park and baseball team and support the Red Sox as they take on the Baltimore Orioles. On this day, the Red Sox are having a Photo Day with the 2014 team on the field! Don't miss this opportunity! Celebrate the second series of the Sox home games and get ready for Marathon Monday! READ MORE

Meet Campus Cutie Zach Zuk!

By Erin Fitzpatrick
April 8, 2014 - 12:00am

If you’re ever hanging around Newton campus, you might run into this week’s Campus Cutie. Meet freshman Zach Zuk, an English major from Vermont. Keep reading to learn more about Zach and his life at BC! The Basics Name: Zach Zuk Hometown: South Burlington, VT School Year: 2017 Major/Minor: A&S, Poly Sci/English Fun Facts Activities/Clubs: Writing for the Gavel, Intramural soccer and basketball READ MORE

Boston Red Sox vs. Orioles

By Katie Tedesco
April 8, 2014 - 12:00am

Boston Red Sox Vs. Baltimore Orioles When: Sunday April 20th 7:05 pm Where: Fenway Park Tickets: boston.redsox.mlb.com Visit Boston's beloved ball park and baseball team and support the Red Sox as they take on the Baltimore Orioles. At this game, the Red Sox are having a special rememberance for the 2013 Martathon events! Celebrate the second series of the Sox home games and get ready for Marathon Monday! READ MORE