Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Archives

Happy Birthday Elizabeth!

By Katherine Valentino
October 10, 2014 - 12:00am

Happy Birthday to Her Campus BC member Elizabeth Nuccio!  READ MORE

Fun Fall Dates for You and Your S.O.

By Paige Marino
October 10, 2014 - 12:00am

There are so many great things about fall. You get to wear cute sweaters and boots, cheer on your favorite football teams, and of course enjoy pumpkin flavored everything! Another awesome part of fall are all the unique and fun date ideas. So, grab your favorite cutie and embark on some fun fall adventures!  READ MORE

Honk! Festival

By Alana Dolan
October 10, 2014 - 12:00am

Starting Friday, Oct 10, the festival of activist street bands is taking over. There will be live music and other forms of live entertainment. For more information please visit http://honkfest.org/media/ 3:00 pm: meet in Downtown Crossing (across from Macy’s)
3:30 pm: bands and fans scatter to nearby establishments refusing to pay a living wage
4:30 pm: bands converge back at Downtown Crossing, then parade up to Boston Common (at Park St. T stop) for a final “HONK! for $15″ jam READ MORE

Post Graduate Volunteer Fair

By Mary Lou Ponsetto
October 10, 2014 - 12:00am

Almost every upper classman was a ball of nerves last September 17th, staying up late to update their resumes, perfect their elevator pitches, and choose the right earrings. But what about the upcoming date of October 21st? Two weeks from now, from 4 to 7 pm in the heights room, over 50 organizations will excitedly await to tell you about the full time opportunities they offer to college grads. And the best part? No dress code and no resume required. Here are some of the highlights: Jesuit Volunteer Core READ MORE

Judah Friedlander comes to BC

By Alana Dolan
October 10, 2014 - 12:00am

CAB Presents: World Champion Judah Friedlander w/ Chris Gethard If you want a good laugh, you’re in luck! 30 Rock’s Judah Friedlander is coming to BC to perform a Stand Up Comedy in Robsham. Tickets went on sale Monday, October 6 for $10 and are still available. There is no limit for how many tickets you can purchase!    Written by: Vanessa Sewell READ MORE

boohoo Style

By Katherine Valentino
October 9, 2014 - 1:43pm

boohoo style squad member, Erin Fitzpatrick, rocking a boohoo dress! So cute! Use the promo code BCSTYLESQUAD2 for 25% off your whole order on boohooREAD MORE

6 Ways to Prevent the Common Cold

By Alana Dolan
October 9, 2014 - 11:12am

As the weather gets colder, and we continue through the semester, our immune systems aren't as strong as they were when we first got to school. We are now indoors a lot more where the temperature tends to be warmer than it is outside. As more and more people start to become sick, and we find ourselves in closer proximity to them, what are the best ways to avoid getting sick? Sure, it's easy to say stay away from them but in college, that's impossible (unless you have a single and decide to become a hermit). So what CAN you do? Catch Your Zs! READ MORE

Columbus Day Weekend Fun!

By Lisamarie DiOrio
October 9, 2014 - 12:00am

Columbus Day weekend is coming up fast (it’s October 11-13!), and like most BC students, you’ll probably be stuck on campus that weekend. With your extra day off, it would be a waste to spend the whole weekend sitting in your room and watching Netflix (though that is a viable option!), so call up an Uber and hit the road for some classic fall fun! Apple Picking READ MORE

Would You Rush a Fraternity?

By Paula Assou
October 9, 2014 - 12:00am

Sexual assault and harassment have been at the forefront of many discussions surrounding colleges and universities. In light of recent events, it’s not surprising that colleges across the country are diligently trying to improve their response to the handling of sexual violence cases.  A few months ago, 55 colleges were announced to be under investigation. This includes Columbia University, where a Collegiate™ has committed to carrying her mattress with her around campus until her assaulter is removed from campus. READ MORE

Meet Campus Cutie Kam Moore

By Teresa Bravo
October 9, 2014 - 12:00am

Kam Moore, a defensive back on the Boston College football team, comes from Prince George’s County, Maryland. He describes his town “like crabs in a bucket,” where when “one person does well, everyone else tries to pull him or her back down.” He says that this environment motivated him to pursue his goals and chase the opportunities life has to offer, especially those offered at Boston College. When he was recruited the end of his junior year, it was “a dream come true because I found a way out.” At sixteen years old he was ready to break through the barriers of his neighborhood and reach for what is unattainable for so many that surrounded him. READ MORE