Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Archives

Lunch Money For Boston's Homeless

By Alana Dolan
May 2, 2014 - 1:00am

Lunch Money For Boston's Homeless Tuesday, May 6th, 12 PM  Do you have a lot of meal plan money to us by the end of the semester? May 4th and 5th, stock up on food (chips, prepackaged sandwiches, drinks, fruits, etc.) from Lower, Mac, Eagle's, and donate to those who will greatly apreciate it. On May 6th, join fellow Eagles and distribute the food to the homeless in Boston. For more information you can check out the Facebook page!   READ MORE

What Can I Do With My Major?

By Alli Hess
May 2, 2014 - 12:00am

It’s the same old thing. “What are you studying at Boston College?” “English.” “Oh, so are you going to be a teacher? “Umm… well maybe!” No. I actually don’t want to be a teacher at all. Although I commend people who do want to teach, I know teaching is not for me. (My patience is little to nonexistent.) Why do so many people look down on English majors? And Theology? Philosophy? Sociology? Art History? Are these majors “useless”? Will you ever find a job with one of these majors? READ MORE

Boston Red Sox

By Alana Dolan
May 2, 2014 - 12:00am

The Boston Red Sox at Fenway Park Event Date & Time: Sunday May 4th, 2014 at 1:35pm to Wednesday May 7th, 2014 at 7:10 pm Location: Fenway Park in Boston, MA Sunday May 4th at 1:35pm vs. Oakland A’s Tuesday May 6th at 7:10pm vs. Cincinnati Reds Wednesday May 7th at 7:10pm vs. Cincinnati Red               Come out to Fenway Park and watch the Boston Red Sox play for the last three games of the semester. Tickets are available starting at $12.50 on StubHub. A baseball game is a great way to relax after finishing an afternoon final, so grab a ticket and see you at the Park!     written by: Kira Godfred READ MORE

Know Your Coffee

By Shannon Louie
May 2, 2014 - 12:00am

With finals week fast approaching, most of us will need that extra pick-me-up provided by coffee. Whether you’re the cup-every-morning-in-order-to-function type or only drink it once in a while, coffee is a large part of college life; even the dining halls here get the memo and offer free coffee during study days and finals. Admittedly, I didn’t drink coffee much before college, but I have since learned the benefits of having a cup every now and then. READ MORE

Project Bread Sponsors the Walk for Hunger

By Alana Dolan
May 2, 2014 - 12:00am

Project Bread Sponsors the Walk for Hunger Event Date & Time: Sunday May 4th, 2014 at 9:00am Location: The Greater Boston Area   Project Bread Sponsors the Walk for Hunger READ MORE

25 Things That Should Count as Exercise (But Definitely Don't)

By Paige Marino
May 2, 2014 - 12:00am

Finding time in the day to exercise can be practically impossible. Between classes, activities, and Netflix, it’s hard to take time out of your busy day to go to the Plex. Wouldn’t it be nice if some of your daily activities counted as working out, too? Here are some things I think should count as exercise. 1.     Speed walking from your dorm to class 2.     Speed walking from your dorm to class while navigating around slow walkers 3.     Resisting the urge to nap 4.     Texting or typing 5.     Walking in heels, especially on the weekend READ MORE

Pinterest Fun Fridays on Foster: Margarita Cupcakes

By Katherine Valentino
May 2, 2014 - 12:00am

In celebration of Cinco de Mayo (which is on Monday for those of you who don’t know), I decided to make Margarita cupcakes. And yes, they have actual tequila and Margarita mix in them. Continue reading to see how the festive cupcakes turned out! This week: Margarita Cupcakes, courtesy of Cook Like A Champion Ingredients READ MORE

Saying Goodbye to Another Year

By Christina Leme
May 2, 2014 - 12:00am

The end of the school year is always weird. You’ve grown attached to your Tuesday lunches at Hillside and your Saturday night pregames in Edmonds. But the impending doom of finals and the stress of moving out dilute this feeling of bittersweet-ness we face at the end of the semester. That’s because the last thing you want to think about while sifting through your Biology notecards, simultaneously stuffing your face with Domino’s cheesy bread is leaving. Although you know you’ll be back at school next year, you can’t shake the feeling that things will change. Here are few tips on how to deal with saying goodbye to another year: READ MORE

Fashion Feature: Lucky Shorts

By Elizabeth LeRoux
May 2, 2014 - 12:00am

Name: Jamie Ciocon  Class Year: CSOM 2014  "Sometimes shorts are a gamble with this crazy spring weather we've been having. Today I got lucky!" READ MORE

Fire + Ice Grill + Bar presents COLLEGE NIGHT

By Alana Dolan
May 2, 2014 - 12:00am

Fire + Ice Grill + Bar presents COLLEGE NIGHT Event Date & Time: Monday, May 5, 4:00-10:00pm Location: Fire + Ice Grill + Bar in Boston, MA or Cambridge, MA READ MORE