Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Archives

Saying Goodbye to Another Year

By Christina Leme
May 2, 2014 - 12:00am

The end of the school year is always weird. You’ve grown attached to your Tuesday lunches at Hillside and your Saturday night pregames in Edmonds. But the impending doom of finals and the stress of moving out dilute this feeling of bittersweet-ness we face at the end of the semester. That’s because the last thing you want to think about while sifting through your Biology notecards, simultaneously stuffing your face with Domino’s cheesy bread is leaving. Although you know you’ll be back at school next year, you can’t shake the feeling that things will change. Here are few tips on how to deal with saying goodbye to another year: READ MORE

Fashion Feature: Lucky Shorts

By Elizabeth LeRoux
May 2, 2014 - 12:00am

Name: Jamie Ciocon  Class Year: CSOM 2014  "Sometimes shorts are a gamble with this crazy spring weather we've been having. Today I got lucky!" READ MORE

Fire + Ice Grill + Bar presents COLLEGE NIGHT

By Alana Dolan
May 2, 2014 - 12:00am

Fire + Ice Grill + Bar presents COLLEGE NIGHT Event Date & Time: Monday, May 5, 4:00-10:00pm Location: Fire + Ice Grill + Bar in Boston, MA or Cambridge, MA READ MORE

The 31st Annual MayFair in Harvard Square

By Alana Dolan
May 2, 2014 - 12:00am

The 31st Annual MayFair in Harvard Square Event Date & Time: Sunday, May 4th from 12-6pm  Location: Harvard Square in Cambridge, MA   Take the T down to Harvard Square this weekend and celebrate the beginning of May at MayFair. There will be dancing, food, crafts, street art, beer gardens, entertainment, and over 150 artisans selling vintage clothing, art, and jewelry flooding the streets of Harvard Square. Also, don’t forget to stop by Chalk on Walk happening on Church Street! Chalk on Walk raises thousands of dollars for local charities by sponsoring artists to cover the street in chalk art and it will be going on during MayFair. This is a great opportunity to take a study break and become a part of a Boston tradition....

Boston Red Sox

By Alana Dolan
May 2, 2014 - 12:00am

The Boston Red Sox at Fenway Park Event Date & Time: Sunday May 4th, 2014 at 1:35pm to Wednesday May 7th, 2014 at 7:10 pm Location: Fenway Park in Boston, MA Sunday May 4th at 1:35pm vs. Oakland A’s Tuesday May 6th at 7:10pm vs. Cincinnati Reds Wednesday May 7th at 7:10pm vs. Cincinnati Red               Come out to Fenway Park and watch the Boston Red Sox play for the last three games of the semester. Tickets are available starting at $12.50 on StubHub. A baseball game is a great way to relax after finishing an afternoon final, so grab a ticket and see you at the Park!     written by: Kira Godfred READ MORE

Know Your Coffee

By Shannon Louie
May 2, 2014 - 12:00am

With finals week fast approaching, most of us will need that extra pick-me-up provided by coffee. Whether you’re the cup-every-morning-in-order-to-function type or only drink it once in a while, coffee is a large part of college life; even the dining halls here get the memo and offer free coffee during study days and finals. Admittedly, I didn’t drink coffee much before college, but I have since learned the benefits of having a cup every now and then. READ MORE

Project Bread Sponsors the Walk for Hunger

By Alana Dolan
May 2, 2014 - 12:00am

Project Bread Sponsors the Walk for Hunger Event Date & Time: Sunday May 4th, 2014 at 9:00am Location: The Greater Boston Area   Project Bread Sponsors the Walk for Hunger READ MORE

25 Things That Should Count as Exercise (But Definitely Don't)

By Paige Marino
May 2, 2014 - 12:00am

Finding time in the day to exercise can be practically impossible. Between classes, activities, and Netflix, it’s hard to take time out of your busy day to go to the Plex. Wouldn’t it be nice if some of your daily activities counted as working out, too? Here are some things I think should count as exercise. 1.     Speed walking from your dorm to class 2.     Speed walking from your dorm to class while navigating around slow walkers 3.     Resisting the urge to nap 4.     Texting or typing 5.     Walking in heels, especially on the weekend READ MORE

Top 5 Places to Study Off Campus

By Marlena Hurlbut
May 1, 2014 - 12:00am

It’s that unfortunate time of year again – finals week…. While the weather gets nicer and nicer and scenes of the beach and summer in all its glory dance in our heads, we are stuck inside of our dorms and libraries studying until our brains don’t work anymore and any chance as passing off as a real human is shot (Walking Dead auditions, anyone?).  Fortunately, you can keep yourself sane and study at the same time by switching up your scenery!  Here are the best places to study off campus while, at the same time, catching some vitamin D or enjoying Boston for the last time until September! 1. Boston Public Library READ MORE

Meet Cutie Tyler Smith!

By Shannon Capozzola
May 1, 2014 - 12:00am

Meet graduating Cutie, Tyler Smith! Whether he is killin’ it in CSOM or having a special moment with his Indian plate from Mac, this senior has loved his time at BC. Make sure to check out his amazing advice about where to go on a first date. The Basics: Name: Tyler Smith Hometown: Canton, Connecticut School/Year: CSOM ‘14 Major: Accounting BC Life: Best Class: Perspectives with Father Tacelli – I guess that doesn’t bode well for the whole studying business thing…sorry Mom and Dad. Worst Class: FAST 2 with Billy Soo – Great guy, TERRIBLE class. READ MORE