Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Archives

7 Signs You Have Found the Perfect Roommate

By Claire Larson
October 16, 2014 - 12:00am

Finding the perfect roommate is about as rare as snagging an elliptical at the Plex after New Year’s resolutions, but if you’re one of the lucky few, you know how special it can be for your own BC experience.  In my past year and a half of living, I’ve been fortunate enough to find that seamless match and have pinpointed the key signs that make this relationship so special.  If you haven’t been as lucky, keep these in mind so that you perhaps can lead the roommate dynamic in a different direction to be the ideal living partner yourself. 1.     They remember the little things READ MORE

Presenting MASTI

By Nadya Karpova
October 16, 2014 - 12:00am

With a name that translates to “fun” in Hindi, you can be sure that watching MASTI perform is, indeed, (super) fun! From their sparkly costumes and beautiful bangles to their extreme energy, MASTI dancers successfully tie in culture and technique when they hit the stage. They aim to inspire their audiences, and they’re pretty good at it given it’s hard to leave a MASTI show without a smile on your face. To be sure, the members’ talents do not go unnoticed – they were the Cultural Champions at The Annual Showdown earlier this year!   READ MORE

Welles Remy Crowther Red Bandana 5k

By Erin McLaughlin
October 15, 2014 - 11:59pm

Register ahead of time through RaceWire.com or on race day at Lyons Dining Hall $20 for students (all students, not just BC) and $25 for non-students Volunteer by contacting volunteer@bc.edu , subject line Welles5k. READ MORE

Beauty Products that Give Back

By Olivia Arasim
October 15, 2014 - 9:50am

Since October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, we’ve collected a list of beauty products that donate a portion of their profits to raising awareness and finding a cure.   Philosophy’s Shower for the Cure Shower Gel: This product is every girl’s dream: it functions as a shower gel, a shampoo, and a bubble bath. You’ll be happy not only with this product, but also with the fact that Philosophy will donate 100% of the proceeds from each sale towards finding a cure.   Sonia Kashuk’s Seeing Pink Purse Brush Set READ MORE

Dear Comm Ave Bus

By Lisamarie DiOrio
October 15, 2014 - 12:00am

Dear Comm Ave Bus, I feel like we have a big love-hate relationship. There are so many times when you’re so great. The walk to my boyfriend’s apartment would be 25 minutes without you. I would never know the joys of Starbucks, Applebee’s, Eagle’s Deli, or even CVS if you weren’t around. And we all know the D line trumps the B line any day, so thanks for that! READ MORE

Men’s Ice Hockey Home Opener

By Hannah Rodgers
October 15, 2014 - 12:00am

Come cheer on your Boston College Eagles as they take on the Colorado State Rams in the home opener of their 2014-2015 ice hockey season. Ticket prices range from $10-$20 for those without a gold pass and can be purchased here.  After a tough loss against UMASS Lowell in their season opener, the Eagles are sure to be on top of their game. Don’t miss out on this chance to show off your BC pride!   photo source: READ MORE

Fall Pumpkin Fest

By Hannah Rodgers
October 15, 2014 - 12:00am

For those looking to get into the Halloween Spirit, Boston Mayor, Marty Walsh, will be hosting “Pumpkin Fest” on Sunday, October 19th from 4:30-6:30 in Boston Common. Bring your own pumpkin or just come watch as floating jack-o-lanterns light up Frog Pond. The event is free, complete with treats and refreshments from various sponsors. For more information, feel free to visit the website.    Photo Source:   http://www.cityofboston.gov/images_documents/pumpkin%20fest%20flyer%20uo......

Boston Bruins vs. New York Islanders

By Hannah Rodgers
October 15, 2014 - 12:00am

For those who love hockey, or are just looking to get a taste of what Boston sports are all about, the Boston Bruins will be taking on the New York Islanders at the TD Garden on Thursday, October 23rd at 7 PM. Ticket prices typically range anywhere from $90-$300 but are going fast, so be sure to grab them before it’s too late! Not only are Bruins games lots of fun, they’re incredibly entertaining, and definitely something you should take advantage of at least once while living in Boston. READ MORE

50th Head of the Charles Regatta

By Erin McLaughlin
October 15, 2014 - 12:00am

Saturday October 18 – 8:00 am to 5:10 pm Sunday October 19 – 8:00 am to 3:50 pm More specifics for event list can be found here.  On October 18th and 19th, make sure to support BC rowing at the 50th anniversary of the Head of the Charles Regatta. Started in 1965, the HOCR is a two-day rowing competition that attracts over 11,000 athletes and 400,000 spectators each year. This year’s competition is sure to be the biggest yet, so grab some friends and spend the weekend out on the water cheering on the BC Eagles. For more information, visit the official Head of the Charles Regatta website...

Boston College Theatre Department presents “A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum”

By Erin McLaughlin
October 15, 2014 - 12:00am

Wednesday Oct 22 – 7:30 pm Thursday Oct 23 – 7:30 pm Friday Oct 24 – 7:30 pm Saturday Oct 25 – 7:30 pm Sunday Oct 26 – 2:00 pm   A Funny Thing Happened On the Way to the Forum is a comedy about a slave tryig to attain freedom in a whimsical ancient Rome. The musical is based around the misadventures of Pseudolus, played by Ryan Cooper (A&S ’16) and is sure to please anyone looking for a good, hearty laugh, with a few curve balls. The show was written in 1962 and has been revived twice on Broadway, and now it’s brought to you live at BC! The show opens October 22nd, so be sure to get your tickets soon at the Robsham box office or online.  ...