Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Archives

BC Abroad: Australia

By Blake Acquarulo
September 16, 2014 - 6:30pm

While many of us returned to the Heights this year for our fall semester, one of my very best friends Gabriella LoMonaco did something a little bit different and headed to the University of Queensland in Australia. Check out what this past Campus Cutie has been up to in the land “down under”!   Name, Year, Major, Hometown: Gabriella LoMonaco, 2016, Psychology B.S., Saint James, NY Abroad University: University of Queensland, Australia What is the university you are studying at like? READ MORE

Trend Tribe Live

By Katherine Valentino
September 16, 2014 - 12:00am

Trend Tribe Live Learn what it really takes to break into the fashion industry and be the first to shop the fall collection of Trend Tribe's affordable accessories I am so excited to announce that on Thursday, September 18th we will be teaming with BC’s Women in Business to host a jewelry trunk show and Q&A with the founder of Trend Tribe, Samantha Cooper. READ MORE

Meet Campus Cutie, Justin Solle!

By Lisamarie DiOrio
September 16, 2014 - 12:00am

Meet Cutie Justin Solle! This junior is a sousaphone player, future doctor, and stellar cook. Even though this Cali boy may seem like he has it all together, he’s still adjusting to New England weather: “If it’s 45 degrees, I’m wearing a parka!” Read on to get to know Justin!     The Basics   Name:   Justin Solle   Hometown:   Los Altos, CA   READ MORE

A Piece on Manners

By Nadya Karpova
September 16, 2014 - 12:00am

Disclaimer: Please read with caution. This article is meant to be a funny satire. The opinions expressed in this article do not reflect the authors’ or Her Campus BC’s feelings towards or positions on any of the topics covered below. Thank you for your understanding. (But it’s also kind of serious!) READ MORE

9 Thoughts We All Have On The Way To Class

By Samantha Schroeder
September 16, 2014 - 12:00am

The daily movement from your dorm to your first class always seems like more effort than it should be. Right as you step outside, the weather is different than you expected, but it’s too late to go back and get a sweater. You’re rushing to be on time, and you lose a shoe. The line at Hillside is A LOT longer than it is normally. You end up walking next to every person you don’t want to talk to at this point in time. With all these things happening, you’re bound to have one of these following thoughts: I’m late already? READ MORE

Introducing Snapshot!

By Katherine Valentino
September 16, 2014 - 12:00am

Did you love Her Campus BC’s style blog and notice the section wasn’t there when you got back to campus this fall? Well that’s because it’s gotten a little makeover. Introducing Snapshot. This section on our page is a less-specific, but still photo-based section! While you’ll still see a budding fashionista on it from time to time, we want to focus on all the things that make BC beautiful, not just its people. Want a chance for your pictures featured on Her Campus BC’s homepage? There’s two ways to make that happen: ·      Email your picture to katherinevalentino@hercampus.com READ MORE

BC at Sunrise

By Christine Kang
September 16, 2014 - 12:00am

"There's so many things I want to do, and I end up not doing much" - from Before Sunset   Before sunrise, we all hope for an exciting day. Before sunset, we often regret not doing much and simply hope for a better tomorrow. READ MORE

Back to School, Back to Long Distance

By Shannon Motyka
September 16, 2014 - 12:00am

Back to school, ladies and gentlemen, we are back.  We can no longer smell that faint trace of the ocean on our clothes, the beach sunset “instas” have been put to rest, and the need to put on sun block seems completely irrelevant.  Whether we want to admit it or not, summer is in the rearview mirror.  READ MORE

A Sweet Day in The Square

By Katherine Valentino
September 15, 2014 - 10:23am

Yesterday the Her Campus BC Publicity Director, Alana Dolan and I headed to Chestnut Hill Square for a “sweet day” of fun. Having shamefully never been there, I was amazed at all the different stores and restaurants it has to offer. Only a few short minutes from BC, we mean it when we say you HAVE to check it out!   SoulCycle READ MORE

College Freshmen, Listen Up!

By Blake Acquarulo
September 15, 2014 - 12:00am

Note: This is slightly satirical… and slightly sassy. I’ll admit it… often times I’m referred to as the “mom” of my friend group. I always give advice whenever prompted, look out for everyone, and try my best to keep everything moving smoothly. With this in mind, you can therefore imagine how stressed I was when my younger sister, Alex, headed to college this fall semester as an incoming freshman at another university. As the “big sister”, I felt a sense of responsibility to not only tell her the “do’s” of being a college freshman but also the big “don’ts”. I like to think after two years of college that I somewhat have this down, so to the newly formed Class of 2018, at whatever college you are currently attending, listen up:...