Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Archives

Fashion Feature: Color Me Warm!

By Kelsey Damassa
April 13, 2014 - 12:00am

Name: Anne Flick Class Year: A&S, Class of 2016 "It's still a little chilly out, so I wore a vest and scarf over this sweater to add some color and warmth!" READ MORE

Embracing Change: 5 Reasons Why Change is Good

By Kelsey Damassa
April 13, 2014 - 12:00am

“All great changes are preceded by chaos.” The wise words of Deepak Chopra prove to be comforting during the uncertainty that lies ahead for many BC seniors. Schoolwork is picking up, and we all want to graduate with decent GPAs. And let’s not even talk about what the future holds - those post-graduate plans are an entirely different story. But while all of this craziness is taking place, it is our last chance to be together as the Class of 2014. So, yes, chaos does seem to be what we are all facing. But with only a month left on the Heights (sorry to be a downer guys…), now is the time to embrace the chaos. READ MORE

Meet The Campus School Marathon Committee Chairs

By Alana Dolan
April 12, 2014 - 12:45pm

Everyone remembers Marathon Monday 2013 and the events that followed. Every year, hundreds of Boston College students flood Comm Ave and cheer on the thousands of runners as they go by, including those who run as “bandits.” This year, for security measures, bandits will not be permitted in the marathon. For this week’s Campus Celeb, we interviewed the Campus School Marathon Committee Chairs to learn a little more about what they are doing instead. Jim Andersen A&S ’14 READ MORE

Innovate Possible!

By Kelsey Damassa
April 12, 2014 - 12:00am

We usually tend to ignore our rival school located just down Commonwealth Avenue, but the truth is that they are doing some pretty awesome things. Morgan Perry, a member of Her Campus BU, reached out to us about an inner-collegiate competition being held at BU in a couple of weeks. READ MORE

The 4 Apps That Will Change Your Life

By Kelly Mallory
April 12, 2014 - 12:00am

Despite barely having enough gigabytes for the new iOS update, your phone needs these apps. We all have the typical apps: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snap Chat, and probably Yik Yak. But these four apps not only show off your techy side, but they also help you with crucial life situations, ranging from crying because of your alarm to drunk dialing your ex-flame.  1. Sleep Cycle: READ MORE

Stop the Glorification of Busy

By Meaghan Leahy
April 12, 2014 - 12:00am

I have the jumbo-size Lilly Pulitzer agenda, color-coded with eight different pens, and with a two-sided looseleaf to-do list taped inside the front cover. Excessive might be an understatement, but my logic was that if I had to shell out some cash to buy a good quality planner, I might as well get the most bang for my buck and get the largest one, to make sure that I had enough room to write everything down. Using deductive reasoning here, you can assume I have a pretty packed schedule. READ MORE

Abroad Life: London

By Shannon Capozzola
April 12, 2014 - 12:00am

This week, we feature our very own HC BC writer Ashley Goncalves. Check out what she has to say about studying abroad in London. Is it all “tea and crumpets with the Queen,” like I thought? Name, Year, Major, Hometown: Ashley Goncalves, 2015, English, Milton MA Abroad University: Queen Mary, London What is the university you are studying at like?  READ MORE

Fashion Feature: Let’s Go to Nantucket!

By Kelsey Damassa
April 12, 2014 - 12:00am

Names (from left to right): Alyssa Rizzini, Nina Tehranian, Katherine Valentino Class Year: 2015 Majors (from left to right): Biology/Sociology, Finance/Marketing, English "We love theme parties and we tend to get really into them. This one was a Nantucket theme!"  READ MORE

People Are Weird: The Weirdness Hall of Fame

By Christina Leme
April 11, 2014 - 12:00am

I was in line for the bathroom one night when I witnessed a random drunk girl squirm her way into her friend’s bathroom stall. It was then that I was confronted with the fact that she wasn’t wearing any underwear. I found that out the hard way. I tried and failed to make it my Snapchat story for the night (major d*** move, I know). And after my utter state of horror passed, I laughed and thought to myself people are weird. Seriously, it seems like I’m always texting my friends about the “new weirdo of the week.” I’ve compiled a list of the top five weirdos that have made my hall of fame: READ MORE

Fashion Feature: Can't Go Wrong with Chanel

By Katie Tedesco
April 11, 2014 - 12:00am

Name: Erin Cullen Class Year: 2015 Major: Information Systems and Marketing "This outfit is completed by my number one best souvenir from abroad: my Chanel necklace from Paris." READ MORE