Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Archives

The Most Inconvenient Things in Life

By Kelly Mallory
October 14, 2014 - 12:00am

Life just gets you sometimes. If any of these have happened to you, you’ll understand the frustration, confusion, and disappointment. Painting your nails then having to go to the bathroom…the actual worst. Realizing your chicken didn’t thaw in time for dinner. Not being able to replay a Snapchat out of fear of looking creepy. When someone’s Instagram is private. READ MORE

A Summer Abroad Program: The Pros and Cons

By Victoria Moriarty
October 14, 2014 - 12:00am

Studying abroad for a semester is not a foreign (no pun intended) concept at BC. Throughout the year, there are countless information sessions, panels, and even a fair you can attend if you’re interested in spending several months expanding your personal and academic horizons in another country. Additionally, upperclassmen that have gone abroad are always eager to share their experiences with undergraduates. But it can be a little harder to get perspective on a summer abroad program, since they’re not as widely discussed. This past summer, I took Intro to Law and the Legal Process in Madrid, Spain, from May 28th to June 25th. READ MORE

In Search of Lost Time

By Christine Kang
October 13, 2014 - 7:36pm

In the midst of surving midterms and never-ending coughs... looking up at the majestic sky can make you feel release. READ MORE

Making It Work: Balancing Off and On Campus Friendships

By Blake Acquarulo
October 13, 2014 - 12:00am

Junior year of college comes with so many new and exciting aspects: upperclassmen life, more responsibilities, more major related courses, and perhaps even more exciting, new housing. While most juniors prepped this summer for their big move off-campus, my roommates and I anticipated our move back on campus to Vanderslice Hall. But during the first few weeks, we realized just how many of our friends do live off-campus, which prompted us to get creative of how we could “make it work”. Don’t get me wrong, the walk off-campus is nothing terrible but the physical separation between off-campus friends and myself felt much bigger than ever before. So here are some suggestions on how to balance those friendships that are separated by the Comm Ave bus:...

The Pros and Cons of Communal Bathrooms

By Gabby Alleyne
October 13, 2014 - 12:00am

Let’s face it; freshman housing isn’t always the easiest. Between your less-than-stellar roommate, your RA who lives to write you up, and your possible isolation on Newton campus, you’ve got it pretty tough. But what’s the worst part of the freshman-living sitch? Communal. Bathrooms. Before you left for college, you made sure to pack all of your bathroom needs in your new handy-dandy shower caddy. You organized your shampoo, razor, body wash, and toothbrush in it perfectly. You have mentally prepared to share toilets with over thirty strangers. You are trying to come to terms with the fact that you have to walk multiple yards back to your room after a shower in your towel, risking your dignity every time you make the trek....

Halloween for the Non-Partier

By Elaina Gray
October 13, 2014 - 12:00am

October hits and so does the storm of Halloween. Everyone cannot stop talking about all the awesome parties coming up. I mean, who doesn’t want to be smashed up against some guy covered in fake blood? Although that guy does seem pretty hard to resist, some people just do not love the party scene. Whether it’s because drinking isn’t your thing or because you know your playlist is way better than any party’s music, not attending a party on Halloween is a perfectly acceptable choice-especially when you consider the fact that you get to avoid answering the, “What are you?” question all night. READ MORE

Happy Birthday Niloufar!

By Katherine Valentino
October 12, 2014 - 4:18pm

Happy Birthday to Her Campus BC Campus Correspondent, Niloufar Abae!  READ MORE

Intern Queen: Come Get Inspired October 14th

By Lexie Pereira
October 12, 2014 - 1:59pm

Is there really an art to getting an internship? According to Lauren Berger, “The Intern Queen”, nailing an internship is easy if you have her on your side. This “Intern Queen” worked fifteen (yes, fifteen!!) internships during her time as an undergraduate at the University of Central Florida. Since this was clearly her knack, she decided to make a career out of it. And after five successful years running, I’d say the advice she’s giving here at BC on October 14th will be quite resourceful. READ MORE

CAB Presents Homecoming 2014 featuring the Knocks

By Alana Dolan
October 12, 2014 - 12:00pm

CAB Presents Homecoming 2014 featuring the Knocks Friday October 17th at 9:00 pm Sheraton Boston Hotel 39 Dalton St, Boston, Massachusetts 02199 Are you ready for this year's Homecoming? Homecoming 2014 is featuring The Knocks, and with the theme FANCY you better be ready to dance through the night with all of your friends in your best dresses and suits! CAB will be holding various social media contests leading up to Homecoming so be on the look out for your possible free ticket to the dance!  READ MORE

RHA Presents: BC Street on Friday in O'Neill Plaza

By Alana Dolan
October 12, 2014 - 12:00pm

RHA Presents: BC Street on Friday in O'Neill Plaza Friday October 17th from 10:45-2:15pm BC Street is BACK! "It's BC meets Boston as we bring the tastes and entertainment of Boston and fuse it with Boston College's most talented dance groups and a capella groups!" This year's performances include: Synergy, UPrising, B.E.A.T.S., Against the Current, Jammin' Toast, DOBC, BCID, MASTI, VIP. There will be free food provided by BC's RealFood, Fuel, Papa John’s, Boloco, BC's Baking Club, Real Deal, Olivia’s Pizzeria, Panera, Twin Donuts, and JP Lick's. Be sure to check it out! As well as... READ...