Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Archives

Fall Semester Survival Kit

By Katherine Valentino
October 18, 2014 - 12:00am

It’s finally here! The thing that makes being back at school just a little easier – our Fall Semester Survival Kit! With no exaggeration, the items in our survival kit went as fast as water bottles would in the middle of the desert. The girls were so excited to check out the awesome swag in this year’s kit and they were not disappointed at all! Here are some of the highlights: Chipotle BOGO Cards READ MORE

Weekend Travel Tips

By Kathleen Lang
October 18, 2014 - 12:00am

It is always fun taking advantage of a long weekend to visit friends and family or explore a new place. However, traveling can be exhausting and at times stressful! If you are planning on take trip away from the Heights for the weekend, look towards some of these tips to alleviate some unnecessary anxiety and travel mishaps! Follow these tips below to make your weekend trip easy and stress-free! 1. Do Your Homework In Advance READ MORE

Fall on The Heights

By Katherine Valentino
October 17, 2014 - 10:30am

“Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year. The morning of the first September was crisp and golden as an apple.”             - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows READ MORE

Worth Trying For

By Anonymous BC Girl
October 17, 2014 - 12:00am

“I’d like to think that there is a guy out there who thinks I’m actually worth trying for…” As soon as I typed out these words in a text to my friend, tears began to well up in my eyes. When did it become okay for one person to treat another person like they didn’t matter, especially in a romantic situation? Isn’t our world cynical enough as is, without feeling like there isn’t someone out there who cares more than what’s deemed “cool”? People are so consumed with constantly being the one with the upper hand in the relationship that they forget what it even means to just be in a relationship. READ MORE

Career Path: Petroleum Engineering

By Christine Kang
October 17, 2014 - 12:00am

Today, I would like to introduce to you a field that I personally thought about venturing into back in April—one that is often overlooked by many and entirely unknown by many more: Petroleum Engineering. To be honest, due in part to the absence of an engineering program here, this is not a career path that BC graduates will undertake. But, just rest your chin on your hand and skim through. It’s actually the 6th best paying jobs of 2014 according to CareerCast. Not surprisingly, the salary is a major attraction. With merely a Bachelor’s Degree, petroleum engineers make roughly $130,000 per year. READ MORE

Meet Cutie Mike McKie

By Alana Dolan
October 16, 2014 - 12:09am

Meet Campus Cute, Mike McKie, a local guy with a killer smile. When he’s not at the plate swinging for the fence, he’s either live tweeting his journey trough the archives of Pop music or having a good time with friends and teammates. Ladies, he loves Frozen, if that’s not selling point enough, get to know this cutie a little more in my interview with “the Bosnian Hammer” (you’ll have to ask his teammates about that one). The Basics Name: Mike McKie Nickname: The Bosnian Hammer (although he’s not Bosnian) READ MORE

7 Signs You Have Found the Perfect Roommate

By Claire Larson
October 16, 2014 - 12:00am

Finding the perfect roommate is about as rare as snagging an elliptical at the Plex after New Year’s resolutions, but if you’re one of the lucky few, you know how special it can be for your own BC experience.  In my past year and a half of living, I’ve been fortunate enough to find that seamless match and have pinpointed the key signs that make this relationship so special.  If you haven’t been as lucky, keep these in mind so that you perhaps can lead the roommate dynamic in a different direction to be the ideal living partner yourself. 1.     They remember the little things READ MORE

Presenting MASTI

By Nadya Karpova
October 16, 2014 - 12:00am

With a name that translates to “fun” in Hindi, you can be sure that watching MASTI perform is, indeed, (super) fun! From their sparkly costumes and beautiful bangles to their extreme energy, MASTI dancers successfully tie in culture and technique when they hit the stage. They aim to inspire their audiences, and they’re pretty good at it given it’s hard to leave a MASTI show without a smile on your face. To be sure, the members’ talents do not go unnoticed – they were the Cultural Champions at The Annual Showdown earlier this year!   READ MORE

3 Easy Group Halloween Costumes

By Laura Galligan
October 16, 2014 - 12:00am

Halloween is a fun time to get together with your girlfriends and dress up together! If you get creative, you don’t have to spend much money and can look great. Snap Crackle and Pop! With a few boxes of cereal, some felt, and hats, you can turn a simple dress into a few cereal icons! Three Blind Mice READ MORE

How to Tie a Scarf Like a Pro

By Chandler Walsh
October 16, 2014 - 12:00am

Scarves are one of the most versatile accessories - they’re both stylish and functional. They can make your outfit look significantly more put together while also keeping you warm. Scarves can be deceiving though; they aren’t always as straightforward as they seem. There are the standard, classic scarf-wearing styles that others seem to sport constantly, but it doesn’t end there. If you’re looking to liven up your fall look, here are five more elaborate styles that you can perfect in no time. Plaited Knot READ MORE