Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Archives

Happy International Moment of Laughter Day!

By Morgan Gibbons
April 14, 2014 - 12:00am

We are all guilty of getting in that Monday mood, when the weekend seems so far away and we are already nostalgic of the past two mornings when we could sleep in. Especially this Monday, when Easter break is on the horizon and we are so close to a much-anticipated Marathon Monday, you may be feeling particularly despondent. Well STOP with the SADNESS, because today, April 14th is International Moment of Laughter Day! Yes, there is a holiday for this! As someone who loves to laugh and tries to find any reason to celebrate, I encourage you to embrace today with a positive spirit. READ MORE

Being Rapunzel at Relay for Life

By Katherine Valentino
April 13, 2014 - 12:00am

I finally did it. After about ten years of saying I would, I finally donated my hair at BC’s Relay for Life, nine inches to be exact, and I have to say I couldn’t be happier. I wish I could have had the guts to do it years ago. Not only does my hair look super cute, but it was also for such an amazing cause. If you’ve ever thought of donating your hair, but just aren’t sure – read my article and see why I think it’s a great idea.   READ MORE

Nothing says Easter more than..

By Meghan Gibbons

Embracing Change: 5 Reasons Why Change is Good

By Kelsey Damassa
April 13, 2014 - 12:00am

“All great changes are preceded by chaos.” The wise words of Deepak Chopra prove to be comforting during the uncertainty that lies ahead for many BC seniors. Schoolwork is picking up, and we all want to graduate with decent GPAs. And let’s not even talk about what the future holds - those post-graduate plans are an entirely different story. But while all of this craziness is taking place, it is our last chance to be together as the Class of 2014. So, yes, chaos does seem to be what we are all facing. But with only a month left on the Heights (sorry to be a downer guys…), now is the time to embrace the chaos. READ MORE

Fashion Feature: Color Me Warm!

By Kelsey Damassa
April 13, 2014 - 12:00am

Name: Anne Flick Class Year: A&S, Class of 2016 "It's still a little chilly out, so I wore a vest and scarf over this sweater to add some color and warmth!" READ MORE

An Open Letter to the BC “Dress Code”

By Alana Dolan
April 13, 2014 - 12:00am

Dear BC Dress Code, I must admit that I am a little hypocritical. I love being able to walk around this campus and see everyone looking so put together. The boys dressed to the nines in the Vineyard Vines, J. Crew, Patagonia, Timberland boots, and Sperrys. The girls clad in essentially the same thing with Hunter boots, Lily Pulitzer and Jack Rogers thrown in the mix during the spring. When we walk around this campus, it can sometimes feel like everyone is the same; everyone has the same personality and style. We might as well be walking into a J. Crew catalog! We have the competitive nature in the classroom and it seeps into how we dress as well! READ MORE

The Roommate Comment Box

By Anonymous BC Girl
April 13, 2014 - 12:00am

Ever have those comments you wish you could say to your roommate, but you worry it may be too harsh to say out loud? We all have had the experience of living with a sloppy roommate, a roommate who is attached at the hip to her boyfriend, or the roommate who only seems to know how to eat things from the fridge and not replace them with new food. For all those things you wish you could say, we sympathize with you. We love our roommates, but there are just those little things that tick us off. We had an open call to a “Roommate Comment Box,” and got quite a few responses! I highly suggest you all read what was sent in; who knows, maybe it is directed towards you or maybe your roommate will read it and get the hint. ...

Meet The Campus School Marathon Committee Chairs

By Alana Dolan
April 12, 2014 - 12:45pm

Everyone remembers Marathon Monday 2013 and the events that followed. Every year, hundreds of Boston College students flood Comm Ave and cheer on the thousands of runners as they go by, including those who run as “bandits.” This year, for security measures, bandits will not be permitted in the marathon. For this week’s Campus Celeb, we interviewed the Campus School Marathon Committee Chairs to learn a little more about what they are doing instead. Jim Andersen A&S ’14 READ MORE

The 4 Apps That Will Change Your Life

By Kelly Mallory
April 12, 2014 - 12:00am

Despite barely having enough gigabytes for the new iOS update, your phone needs these apps. We all have the typical apps: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snap Chat, and probably Yik Yak. But these four apps not only show off your techy side, but they also help you with crucial life situations, ranging from crying because of your alarm to drunk dialing your ex-flame.  1. Sleep Cycle: READ MORE

Stop the Glorification of Busy

By Meaghan Leahy
April 12, 2014 - 12:00am

I have the jumbo-size Lilly Pulitzer agenda, color-coded with eight different pens, and with a two-sided looseleaf to-do list taped inside the front cover. Excessive might be an understatement, but my logic was that if I had to shell out some cash to buy a good quality planner, I might as well get the most bang for my buck and get the largest one, to make sure that I had enough room to write everything down. Using deductive reasoning here, you can assume I have a pretty packed schedule. READ MORE