Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Archives

VIP Dance Team

By Katherine Valentino
October 22, 2014 - 4:21pm

Vida de Intensa Pasión: Boston College Latin Dance Team READ MORE

The Coffee To Order For Your Every Mood

By Erin Fitzpatrick
October 22, 2014 - 12:00am

Coffee - what would we do without it? On those days you are sick of your usual coffee, never again feel confused as to what to order - here is a guide to BC coffees that match your mood. As a coffee addict myself, sometimes I am lost at the counter when choosing what to order. Therefore, here is what to order if you are feeling… Rushed/stressed: Go for a classic iced coffee. You will feel refreshed with the cool drink while getting your caffeine fix, and sometimes sticking to simple foods and drinks is the best way to lower stress. READ MORE

Fall Beauty Favorites

By Olivia Arasim
October 22, 2014 - 12:00am

Now that Fall is officially here, beauty routines begin to change. Your bright pink nails are no more and that favorite coral lipstick must be tucked away until the temperature rises again. Here are four essentials that will make the transition into fall that much easier. Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1 in Cranberry: This tiny lip balm packs a big punch; the balm goes on smoothly, but moisturizes extremely well and gives lips a nice, natural shine. The fun cranberry scent will remind you of Thanksgiving and keep you smiling all through the Fall. READ MORE

How to Dress for Student Teaching

By Lisamarie DiOrio
October 21, 2014 - 11:30pm

Most articles that talk about how to dress for a job are focused solely on corporate settings, but a school setting is a bit different. Even though the Lynch School of Education sets out some strict guidelines about what you can and can’t wear during student teaching, you still have a lot of liberty to have some fun! Here are some tips to look the part and still express yourself! Dress for Your Grade Level READ MORE

Alumni Stadium on Game Day

By Catherine Kriendler
October 21, 2014 - 2:51pm

READ MORE

How to Stay Ahead When You're Feeling Far Behind

By Nina Tehranian
October 21, 2014 - 8:17am

I know that school starting has made me feel like I'm just treading water, just barely keeping up with the work I have and feeling like every minute of every day is booked to capacity. Well I hope that it's not just me. I have learned a few things that really help me get through my weeks of internship, classes, work and social life.  Schedule: write it all out. Everything that has to be done weekly. If you can visualize it, it won’t be as scary each week. READ MORE

The Stages of Falling in Love with a YouTuber, as Told by Connor Franta and IISuperwomanII

By Paula Assou
October 21, 2014 - 12:37am

Oh no, not again. You promised yourself you wouldn’t do this. You just got out of a relationship days ago. You were ready to start enjoying the single life and start spending some more time with your friends and family but before you knew it a new youtuber had you cast under their spell soon enough. These are the stages of falling in love with a YouTuber:   1) You find them attractive. Maybe it’s in their smile, their weird quirks, or their dazzling personality, but as soon as you spot them you’re ready to make your move. 2) You spend some time with them by binge watching their videos and your admiration grows. READ MORE

Getting Home for the Holidays

By Chandler Walsh
October 21, 2014 - 12:00am

Getting home for the holiday seasons can be a financial and strategic difficulty if you live a plane trip away from Boston. If this is the case, you may be having trouble deciding whether or not to make the trek and working out the many little details that accompany the journey. Here are five tips to help you work through this matter and make it home for at least some amount of time. 1. Kayak READ MORE

How Southerners Should Prepare for Northern Winters

By Teresa Bravo
October 21, 2014 - 12:00am

I’ve been warned way too much lately about the winters in Boston. I tell my classmates, professors, and friends that I’m from Florida and I already know what they are about to say: “Good luck with the winters up here!” Perhaps they assume I have no idea what snow is, or what it even looks like for that matter. And though I’m no expert, I’ve experienced snowy holidays. And in case you don’t believe me, it’s white and it falls from the sky.     READ MORE

Meet Campus Cutie Kristin Rayburn!

By Caroline Stride
October 21, 2014 - 12:00am

The Basics Name: Kristin Rayburn Hometown: Bethel Park, PA School/Year: A&S 2015 Major: Economics and English Relationship Status: yellow light BC Life Activities/Clubs: The BC Gavel, Women in Business (occasional member) Best Class: Poe and the Gothic with Paul Lewis Worst Class: Statistics with Paul Cichello Bapst or O’Neill: I’m afraid of Bapst Favorite place to eat: My bedroom More Favorites Favorite movie: Bring It On Again READ MORE