Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Archives

CAB Presents Homecoming 2014 featuring the Knocks

By Alana Dolan
October 12, 2014 - 12:00pm

CAB Presents Homecoming 2014 featuring the Knocks Friday October 17th at 9:00 pm Sheraton Boston Hotel 39 Dalton St, Boston, Massachusetts 02199 Are you ready for this year's Homecoming? Homecoming 2014 is featuring The Knocks, and with the theme FANCY you better be ready to dance through the night with all of your friends in your best dresses and suits! CAB will be holding various social media contests leading up to Homecoming so be on the look out for your possible free ticket to the dance!  READ MORE

RHA Presents: BC Street on Friday in O'Neill Plaza

By Alana Dolan
October 12, 2014 - 12:00pm

RHA Presents: BC Street on Friday in O'Neill Plaza Friday October 17th from 10:45-2:15pm BC Street is BACK! "It's BC meets Boston as we bring the tastes and entertainment of Boston and fuse it with Boston College's most talented dance groups and a capella groups!" This year's performances include: Synergy, UPrising, B.E.A.T.S., Against the Current, Jammin' Toast, DOBC, BCID, MASTI, VIP. There will be free food provided by BC's RealFood, Fuel, Papa John’s, Boloco, BC's Baking Club, Real Deal, Olivia’s Pizzeria, Panera, Twin Donuts, and JP Lick's. Be sure to check it out! As well as... READ...

Head of the Charles Regatta

By Alana Dolan
October 12, 2014 - 12:00pm

Saturday October 18th and Sunday October 19th The Charles River, Cambridge, MA Since its origin in 1965, the Head Of The Charles® Regatta has welcomed the world’s best crew teams to the banks of the Charles River for the ultimate two-day rowing competition. The event attracts over 11,000 athletes and 400,000 spectators from all over the country. Come experience a great Boston tradition and enjoy a day outside with friends!   Written by: Sophie Krieger READ MORE

"Eat to Nourish, Sleep to Flourish" Event Recap

By Shannon Motyka
October 12, 2014 - 12:00am

On Tuesday, October 7th, BC welcomed Dr. Roxanna Prichard to campus for an event to educate college students about the importance of eating right and sleeping enough. Dr. Prichard is a sleep expert from St. Thomas University, and she displayed right before us how effective her advice was. She was an enthusiastic speaker, wide-awake throughout her presentation, and on point with all of her witty advice. She clearly practices what she preaches, thus it was a presentation that was informative and worthwhile. READ MORE

Columbus Day Weekend

By Alana Dolan
October 11, 2014 - 12:00am

Thank you Columbus for giving us this weekend to relax and catch up on sleep, and homework!  http://sealatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Columbus-day-Symbol.jpg.jpg READ MORE

An Open Letter to Procrastination

By Nadya Karpova
October 11, 2014 - 12:00am

Dear Procrastination, You and I had some great times together! With everything we’ve been through, I could probably say that you’re one of my best friends. Where do I even begin? First off, you were just here, seconds before I began writing this article. I guess you knew that I would be writing about you and decided to be nearby for inspiration. READ MORE

An Interview with Campus Musician, Ivonne Grunseich

By Katherine Valentino
October 11, 2014 - 12:00am

The past month or so, I have noticed that it seems as if my roommate (and close high school friend), Ivonne Grunseich, is always carrying an instrument and a ton of sheet music, heading off to rehearsals, or going to the practice rooms. And no, she is not a music major. In fact, she is in the Lynch School of Education with a double major in math and secondary education! So, I decided that it would be a good idea to sit down with her and have a conversation about music! Well, let’s start off with telling the readers about the range of instruments that you have played over the years. READ MORE

The Sneaker Report: The Five Sneakers In A Girl’s Closet

By Kathleen Lang
October 11, 2014 - 12:00am

If you happen to flip through any fashion magazine these days, you are bound to notice that a sneaker trend is among us. No longer just a running shoe, the sneaker has transformed over the past few seasons into both a practical shoe and fashion statement. With this in mind, I have compiled a list of the five sneakers you can find in any girl's closet—enjoy!  The Running Shoe Call it a running shoe, a tennis shoe, or a sneaker…it can be found in each and every one of our closets. Every girl needs a good pair of workout shoes for those beloved trips to the Plex or runs on the Res with a group of friends. When purchasing your next pair, pick a colorful sneaker to make your workout routine a little brighter!    ...

Paint The Campus Pink Contest Winner!

By Katherine Valentino
October 11, 2014 - 12:00am

College Fashion Week Boston from a Model’s Perspective

By Blake Acquarulo
October 11, 2014 - 12:00am

On Saturday October 6th, I was one of the few lucky girls who modeled in Her Campus’s College Fashion Week at the Estate Club in Boston. We arrived at the venue at 3:30 pm on Saturday and the next few hours were a whirlwind of events including getting out hair and makeup done, making new friends from girls all over the greater-Boston area, and of course, sneaking a few selfies here and there! There was an overall feeling of anxiety among the models but we all tried to stay as calm, cool, and collected even as we were being told that a few hundred spectators were expected. READ MORE