Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Archives

Why I Loved Student Teaching

By Remy Hassett
May 7, 2014 - 12:00am

7 hours a day. 5 days a week. 15 weeks. 525 hours. That’s how much time I have spent student teaching over the past semester. Most of my days throughout the second semester of my senior year were spent away from Chestnut Hill, from this beautiful campus, and from my friends. But despite my 10pm  bedtime and my morning alarm at 6:15am, I wouldn’t trade this semester for anything, and here’s why! 1. It taught me about the “real world.” READ MORE

The Silver Lining of Being Sick

By Katie Tedesco
May 7, 2014 - 12:00am

The end of the year is a glorious time. Spring sets in, the weather gets a little warmer, more people are outside, more darties happen, we can see the light at the end of the finals tunnel, all good things. But there is one not so good thing that happens every year across campus in the spring—everyone gets sick. For whatever reason, the transition from winter to spring always seems to bring some weird bug that goes around knocking people out left and right. Usually, I avoid this inconvenience, but, alas, three weeks from graduation, and four days before my first half marathon and my body decides that it’s cool to go and get a viral infection. Super fun. READ MORE

BC Hosts NCAA Lax Championship

By Morgan Gibbons
May 7, 2014 - 12:00am

Boston College Women's Lacrosse team is currently in the Number 5/6 spot, which is AWESOME, and this week you can come see them play in the first two rounds of the 2014 NCAA Tournament. The Eagles will play No. 41 Bryant in the second game of the day at 5PM while the first game is No. 9 UMass vs. No. 10 Loyola (MD) at 2PM. The winners from the Round 1 games on Friday (5/9) will then face each other on Sunday (5/11) at 1PM.  READ MORE

Mother's Day

By Morgan Gibbons
May 7, 2014 - 12:00am

Moms are important people in our lives. Honestly we should show our gratitude towards them all year round but if you sometimes get "too busy", today is definitely the day to express your appreciation. For all the phone calls, care packages, concerning texts (whether you wanted them or not), hugs and half of your genetic coding...moms are amazing women.  Whether you are home or still taking finals, make sure you treat your mom like the queen she is. Send her flowers and a quick note, make her a meal, buy or make a nice gift and just spend time with her! Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there and thanks for making us the young adults we are today. READ MORE

YouTubers to Watch Now

By Shannon Capozzola
May 7, 2014 - 12:00am

Ever since I discovered the amazing world of YouTube senior year of high school, I have been hooked. It first started as obsessions with the major beauty gurus of Juicystar07, AllThatGlitters21, and DulceCandy, all of whom I still watch and love. But in the last few years, I have expanded to watch a butch of different genres of videos. Here are three of my current favorite channels. SacconeJolys READ MORE

Fashion Feature: Spring has Sprung!

By Kelsey Damassa
May 7, 2014 - 12:00am

Name: Diana Sanborn "Spring has sprung and I can finally wear dresses again!" Are you BC's budding fashionista that has yet to be discovered? Do you know someone on campus with amazing style? Send us a pic and you (or someone you know) might just be featured on our Style Blog! All submissions can be sent to kelseydamassa@hercampus.com. Be sure to include the person's name, class year, major, and a quote about their style.   READ MORE

Thanks for the Study Snacks Her Campus!

By Kelsey Damassa
May 7, 2014 - 12:00am

If we’re being completely honest, finals kind of suck. Our eyes become bloodshot from staring at computer screens for hours on end as we write papers, study for exams, and put together final portfolios. Finding a study spot in Bapst or O’Neill is like climbing Everest… absolutely impossible. Thoughts of summer fill our heads as we try and find any possible way to procrastinate and even though summer vacation is just one week away, it seems unreachable. Thanks to Her Campus, the Spring 2014 final exam period has become just a bit brighter. We were happily surprised to receive a “Finals Survival Kit” in the mail this past week, filled with delicious and nutritious study stacks to power us through our studying....

Don’t Resort to a Card This Mother’s Day

By Meghan Gibbons
May 6, 2014 - 12:00am

Sometimes, in the midst of finals, we get so caught up in exams, packing, saying goodbye to our friends, and celebrating the end of the semester that we often forget that special holiday that comes the second Sunday of May every year: Mother’s Day. Then you get that last minute reminder text from your dad, “Don’t forget to get your mother a gift for tomorrow,” and you start to panic. In order to prevent another last minute trip to CVS or Hallmark to pick through the rejected Mother’s Day cards that you know will arrive late (sorry, no mail on Sundays), Her Campus BC is here to help. Here are some great finds that will not only make your mom smile, and potentially cry if she is like my mom, but also gifts that are in a college student’s budget....

Boston College: Best 3 Years of My Life

By Shannon Capozzola
May 6, 2014 - 12:00am

People say all the time that college is the best four years of your life. I am sure all of us have met alumni who get the biggest smile on their face when they hear that we go to Boston College. “Ah, BC. Best four years of my life!” However, there is a group of us that can’t exactly say that. My fellow transfers and I have only had the pleasure of attending Boston College for three, or even two, years. After I heard four “regular,” as we call people who have been here since freshman year, seniors give their last admissions panel, I thought about my experiences at Boston College and what graduation means to me. I also wanted to hear what some of my fellow transfers thought. How do they feel about graduating? Are they glad they came to BC?...

Why Everyone Should Enjoy Poetry

By Samantha Schroeder
May 6, 2014 - 12:00am

“Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?” This is a line of Shakespeare’s Sonnet 18, and chances are that you’ve heard it before. Even if you haven’t, I can guarantee that you’ve heard or read other Shakespearean poetry, no matter if it’s in the form of his plays or a movie like Ten Things I Hate About You. Poetry is omnipresent in all of our lives. Whether you’re four or forty, chances are you know some poetry. There are so many different types of poetry, from odes and sonnets, to haikus and couplets, that there is sure to be something for everybody. READ MORE