Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Archives

YouTubers to Watch Now

By Shannon Capozzola
May 7, 2014 - 12:00am

Ever since I discovered the amazing world of YouTube senior year of high school, I have been hooked. It first started as obsessions with the major beauty gurus of Juicystar07, AllThatGlitters21, and DulceCandy, all of whom I still watch and love. But in the last few years, I have expanded to watch a butch of different genres of videos. Here are three of my current favorite channels. SacconeJolys READ MORE

The Silver Lining of Being Sick

By Katie Tedesco
May 7, 2014 - 12:00am

The end of the year is a glorious time. Spring sets in, the weather gets a little warmer, more people are outside, more darties happen, we can see the light at the end of the finals tunnel, all good things. But there is one not so good thing that happens every year across campus in the spring—everyone gets sick. For whatever reason, the transition from winter to spring always seems to bring some weird bug that goes around knocking people out left and right. Usually, I avoid this inconvenience, but, alas, three weeks from graduation, and four days before my first half marathon and my body decides that it’s cool to go and get a viral infection. Super fun. READ MORE

Thanks for the Study Snacks Her Campus!

By Kelsey Damassa
May 7, 2014 - 12:00am

If we’re being completely honest, finals kind of suck. Our eyes become bloodshot from staring at computer screens for hours on end as we write papers, study for exams, and put together final portfolios. Finding a study spot in Bapst or O’Neill is like climbing Everest… absolutely impossible. Thoughts of summer fill our heads as we try and find any possible way to procrastinate and even though summer vacation is just one week away, it seems unreachable. Thanks to Her Campus, the Spring 2014 final exam period has become just a bit brighter. We were happily surprised to receive a “Finals Survival Kit” in the mail this past week, filled with delicious and nutritious study stacks to power us through our studying....

Fashion Feature: Spring has Sprung!

By Kelsey Damassa
May 7, 2014 - 12:00am

Name: Diana Sanborn "Spring has sprung and I can finally wear dresses again!" Are you BC's budding fashionista that has yet to be discovered? Do you know someone on campus with amazing style? Send us a pic and you (or someone you know) might just be featured on our Style Blog! All submissions can be sent to kelseydamassa@hercampus.com. Be sure to include the person's name, class year, major, and a quote about their style.   READ MORE

Don’t Resort to a Card This Mother’s Day

By Meghan Gibbons
May 6, 2014 - 12:00am

Sometimes, in the midst of finals, we get so caught up in exams, packing, saying goodbye to our friends, and celebrating the end of the semester that we often forget that special holiday that comes the second Sunday of May every year: Mother’s Day. Then you get that last minute reminder text from your dad, “Don’t forget to get your mother a gift for tomorrow,” and you start to panic. In order to prevent another last minute trip to CVS or Hallmark to pick through the rejected Mother’s Day cards that you know will arrive late (sorry, no mail on Sundays), Her Campus BC is here to help. Here are some great finds that will not only make your mom smile, and potentially cry if she is like my mom, but also gifts that are in a college student’s budget....

Why Everyone Should Enjoy Poetry

By Samantha Schroeder
May 6, 2014 - 12:00am

“Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?” This is a line of Shakespeare’s Sonnet 18, and chances are that you’ve heard it before. Even if you haven’t, I can guarantee that you’ve heard or read other Shakespearean poetry, no matter if it’s in the form of his plays or a movie like Ten Things I Hate About You. Poetry is omnipresent in all of our lives. Whether you’re four or forty, chances are you know some poetry. There are so many different types of poetry, from odes and sonnets, to haikus and couplets, that there is sure to be something for everybody. READ MORE

Boston College: Best 3 Years of My Life

By Shannon Capozzola
May 6, 2014 - 12:00am

People say all the time that college is the best four years of your life. I am sure all of us have met alumni who get the biggest smile on their face when they hear that we go to Boston College. “Ah, BC. Best four years of my life!” However, there is a group of us that can’t exactly say that. My fellow transfers and I have only had the pleasure of attending Boston College for three, or even two, years. After I heard four “regular,” as we call people who have been here since freshman year, seniors give their last admissions panel, I thought about my experiences at Boston College and what graduation means to me. I also wanted to hear what some of my fellow transfers thought. How do they feel about graduating? Are they glad they came to BC?...

The Perfect Playlist for Your Trip Home

By Alana Dolan
May 6, 2014 - 12:00am

With the end in sight, this may mean that some of you HC BC readers will be making the long drive home while others will be hopping on planes for travels of varying distances or  may only need to drive 20 minutes up the road. No matter the distance nor the means, these trips will signify the end of another school year, a reason to celebrate, a time when you’re already starting to miss your roomies and friends. More importantly, however, these trips mark the start of your summer! Despite your bags, boxes and belongings, no trip is complete without its accompanying soundtrack. Every traveler needs a playlist for his or her trip, so here is one dedicated to going home at the end of this year’s semester. READ...

Fashion Feature: Quick & Comfy

By Molly Saint
May 6, 2014 - 12:00am

Name: Chenille Morrison Class Year: 2014 "I wear whatever is quick and comfortable!" Are you BC's budding fashionista that has yet to be discovered? Do you know someone on campus with amazing style? Send us a pic and you (or someone you know) might just be featured on our Style Blog! All submissions can be sent to kelseydamassa@hercampus.com. Be sure to include the person's name, class year, major, and a quote about their style.   READ MORE

Meet Class of 2014 Cuties Amanda, Chelsea, and Kaylee!

By Shannon Capozzola
May 6, 2014 - 12:00am

Meet our trio of senior cuties: Amanda Kuklinski, Kaylee Perez, and Chelsea Wood! As their time on The Heights comes to an end, they just had to knock one last thing off their bucket list- being HC BC Campus Cuties! Hope you enjoy getting to know these three amazing senior ladies. The Basics Names: Chelly Wood, Kaye Prez, Kooks Hometown: Kaylee and Chelsea- Miami; Amanda- Jerz School/Year: A&S, senyaaaaas Major: Chelsea- Psych and English; Kaylee- Bio and Philosophy; Amanda- Comm, minor in Ed. READ MORE