Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Archives

Fashion Feature: Mother Knows Best

By Shannon Louie
April 18, 2014 - 12:00am

Name: Will Hennessy Class Year: CSOM, 2017 Major: Undecided "My mom buys my clothes.” Are you BC's budding fashionista that has yet to be discovered? Do you know someone on campus with amazing style? Send us a pic and you (or someone you know) might just be featured on our Style Blog! All submissions can be sent to kelseydamassa@hercampus.com. Be sure to include the person's name, class year, major, and a quote about their style. READ MORE

Rules of Going to a Random Party

By Christina Leme
April 18, 2014 - 12:00am

So we’ve all been there: it’s a Saturday night and the one thing on your social agenda is a friend of a friend’s party. You kind of cringe at the thought because you know you’re going to get there and simply not know anybody. You’ll recognize the familiar faces but you won’t know who to talk to. And although your friends have made the proper introductions, you know you’ll still feel weird grasping your half empty drink and pretending to space out. Here are some rules on getting by at a random party: READ MORE

How Reading Improved My Running

By Meaghan Leahy
April 18, 2014 - 12:00am

My boyfriend handed me the blue and yellow book in September, telling me it would motivate me to train for my upcoming half marathon in October. I laughed and said I would get to it eventually, promptly stuffing the paperback in my desk drawer, never to be heard from again. Come April, the scuffed-up pages were calling my name and I finally relented to finishing my task. I figured, the marathon was coming up and I could really use the inspiration, even though I had stopped training. I had fallen out of my workout routine and fallen into a state of stagnant unhappiness. READ MORE

Marathon Monday

By Morgan Gibbons
April 18, 2014 - 12:00am

Marathon Monday When: Monday April 21st, ALL DAY Where: Hopkinton to Copley! READ MORE

BC Theatre Department Presents: “The Drowsy Chaperone”

By Morgan Gibbons
April 18, 2014 - 12:00am

BC Theatre Department Presents: “The Drowsy Chaperone” When Wednesday April 23rd- Sunday April 27th Where: Robsham Theater, BC Campus Cost: Tickets available on Robsham's Website   READ MORE

Boston Marathon Anniversary Blood Drive

By Morgan Gibbons
April 18, 2014 - 12:00am

Boston Marathon Anniversary Blood Drive When: Tuesday, April 22nd-Friday, April 25th  11 AM- 5 PM Where: Conte Forum, Boston College Campus   Join the American Red Cross of Boston College during the biggest blood drive in BC’s history! BC’s Boston Marathon blood drive will be one of four special drives in the state of Massachusetts that are being held this year to commemorate the anniversary of the events that took place during last year’s Boston Marathon; there will be no better way to commemorate the events than by donating your blood and possibly see Boston hero Officer Dic Donohue who will be at the drive. READ MORE

Boston College 16th Annual ARTS FEST

By Morgan Gibbons
April 18, 2014 - 12:00am

Boston College 16th Annual ARTS FEST When: Thursday April 24th-Saturday April 26th ; Noon-11pm Where: O’Neill Plaza & Stokes Lawn & Gasson Hall, Boston College   READ MORE

Spice Up Your Water

By Samantha Schroeder
April 18, 2014 - 12:00am

This is a topic everybody is sure to understand. Water is essential for all of us (obviously), but drinking plain water all day every day can make your taste buds feel pretty bored. Water can taste delicious a lot of the time, but sometimes we need to spice things up. Here are a few ways to make your experience with water feel brand new! Crystal Light READ MORE

Pinterest Fun Fridays on Foster: Easter Cupcakes

By Katherine Valentino
April 18, 2014 - 12:00am

With Easter in two days, you may be thinking of what you want to make for your special Easter dinner. Personally, I’m not nearly as good with cooking as I am with baking, so I decided to contribute to our Easter celebration by decorating cupcakes. Who doesn’t love a cute cupcake? This also doesn’t take too much time, so you can enjoy being home and spending time with your family rather than slaving away in the kitchen. This week: Easter Cupcakes Ingredients: READ MORE

Time To Take Back The Night

By Anonymous BC Girl
April 17, 2014 - 12:00am

It’s a common phrase on Boston College’s campus: “Take Back The Night.” When is this year’s Take Back the Night? Are you going to Take Back The Night? What happens at Take Back the Night? It’s a phrase we are all used to – definitely more so than other colleges – but how many of us truly understand what Take Back The Night is and does? READ MORE