Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Archives

Meet Campus Cutie, Scott Chamberlain!

By Elizabeth LeRoux
September 9, 2014 - 12:00am

“The wink will get them to look. The thigh will get them to stay.” – Scott Chamberlain The Basics Name: Scott Chamberlain Year: Senior Major/School: History and Sociology, A&S Hometown: Canton, MA   BC Life: Favorite class: Memory in Every Day Life Favorite Professor: Donald Hafner Go-to lunch spot on campus: Faculty Dining Room READ MORE

Three Tailgating Outfit Ideas

By Katherine Valentino
September 9, 2014 - 12:00am

With BC football season in full swing you may still be worrying about what you’ll wear to the next home game, which in case you aren’t aware is September 13 against USC. If you are then fear no more because Her Campus BC has got you covered. Here are three totally terrific tailgate outfits that with ignite the heights with style and school spirit. Classic Super Fan READ MORE

Three Perfect Fall Accessories for Any Wardrobe

By BC Contributor
September 8, 2014 - 8:00am

The weather is getting cooler, the days are shorter and classes have officially begun. Whether we want to or not, it’s time to transition from sandals and brightly-colored outfits to items that are a little more practical for a blustery October day. Swap out those sandals for something that will actually take you through the seasons; a cute pair of boots or a to-die-for tote are all you need to transition your summer wardrobe to fit fall fashions! Adding the perfect transitional accessories to your closet is a great way to make any outfit look chic and timeless, regardless of your personal style! READ MORE

Earning Stripes: What I Learned at my Internship

By Lexie Pereira
September 8, 2014 - 12:00am

Is it just me, or does everyone get a rush when they put on a suit? Ever since I was young, I was so thrilled by office clothes – probably because of my interview Barbie. Besides learning how to look professional, I learned just how important the little things are (me, of course, being the little intern).   READ MORE

Join the HC BC team!

By Katherine Valentino
September 8, 2014 - 12:00am

Thinking about joining the Her Campus BC team? Come to our information session TODAY to learn more!    READ MORE

The Struggle of Growing Up

By Blake Acquarulo
September 8, 2014 - 12:00am

Maybe it’s just me, but personally I hate growing up. I was always a big fan of the summers I spent attending every camp possible, calling my friends’ house phones to see if they wanted to run through a sprinkler in my backyard, and just lived a carefree and simple life. Fast-forward to the present where our summers are full of internships, jobs, trying to make time for our family, our friends from high school, relaxation time, and planning for a new school year. Stressful, no? Don’t get me wrong, I do like to stay busy and not sit around bored every day but the older I get, it seems, the more the work begins to pile up and the more the façade of the carefree summer begins to fade away. READ MORE

The Plex: A Display of Seamless Perfection

By Elizabeth LeRoux
September 8, 2014 - 12:00am

It’s a new year full of new beginnings, including but not limited to seeing the inside of the Plex potentially more than twice a semester. For some, fitness goals are at an all time high at the start of the academic year. Boston College students are no strangers to fitness, but if you visited the Plex in the first few days of school, you would have thought they were selling discounted books from the bookstore the day before drop/add ends. The freshmen class descended upon the Plex like it was the last watering hole in the desert. If you attempted to attend a fitness class in the last week, you saw the madness first hand. It was nearly impossible to get into one, with the lines snaking nearly out of the building.  ...

7 Steps for 3 Dates

By Lexie Pereira
September 7, 2014 - 10:40am

Disclaimer: Please read with caution.  This article is meant to be a funny satire.  The opinions expressed in this article do not reflect the authors’ or Her Campus BC’s feelings towards or positions on any of the topics covered below. Thank you for your understanding. Believe it or not, your rom-com fairytale is not all that far out of your grasp. If you’re willing to put in the time and commitment, you can make that guy fall for you with a few simple tricks. Disclaimer: this how to make him fall for you and take you out on about three dates, not keep him falling and claim a boyfriend because if I knew how to do that, I’d be hanging with him instead of writing to you (kidding!...sorta). READ MORE

Back-to-School Fashion

By Christina Leme
September 7, 2014 - 12:00am

One of the best parts of going back to school is adding some new items to your wardrobe. Here are some of the must haves we’ve been seeing for this fall. 1. Converse: Whether it’s Converse, Superega or any other brand, these sneakers are an absolute must-have at BC. They’ve been in style since we can remember, which is why they landed first on the list. Converse match with most casual outfits and they’re comfortable. As a BC student, you walk a lot (whether you like it or not) so it’s important to have a good pair of sneakers. These shoes are indestructible and easily cleaned. Plus, they are perfect for football tailgates! READ MORE

The Ice Bucket Challenge

By Blake Acquarulo
September 7, 2014 - 12:00am

Unless you have been living under a rock for the last six weeks, without any connection to social media, the news, and constant conversation, then chances are you have heard of the number shattering, awareness-raising, and groundbreaking phenomena taking over the country called the “ALS Ice Bucket Challenge”. Its purpose lies in raising awareness for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), the lethal neurodegenerative disorder commonly known as Lou Gehrig’s disease, which has affected Boston College’s community greatly through the late Dick Kelley, BC’s assistant athletics director for media relations and most recently through Pete Frates, an alumnus and former captain of the BC baseball team. READ MORE