Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Archives

Dear "That Knot" in My BC Senior Stomach

By Morgan Gibbons
May 8, 2014 - 12:00am

Dear “That Knot in my Stomach,” You first appeared at the beginning of September when I realized this was my last time moving into a Boston College dorm, but easily dissipated as I was relieved to have finally settled in, be on the top of the totem pole and easily welcomed into my friends’ Mods. Then the “lasts” started rolling in: Last Homecoming, Last Halloween, Last home football game…you get the picture. I could feel the tears welling up, but tried to not let them flow. READ MORE

Last Minute Ways to Boost Your Grades

By Paige Marino
May 8, 2014 - 12:00am

Disclaimer: This is meant to be a piece of satire. If you follow any of this advice, you will probably get an even worse grade and everyone will hate being around you. With that warning, my conscience is clear. Read on at your own risk. Honestly, school is really difficult. There are books and papers and reading and classes. Gross. That’s why it is so easy to lose track of how bad your grades are until it’s practically too late! But don’t worry, there is always time to bring your grades back up. Follow these tips and you are basically assured an easy A. Complain a lot, to everyone READ MORE

Meet Campus Cuties Lexi and Katie!

By Alli Hess
May 8, 2014 - 12:00am

Meet Campus Cuties Lexi Schneider and Katie Hayward! They’re on PULSE Council together—a fun and passionate community of 18 students who care about social justice issues and dedicate themselves to the PULSE service-learning program at BC! When Lexi and Katie aren’t saving the world from injustices, they can be seen hanging out in the PULSE office together or eating mango sorbet (or at least that’s Lexi). They’re an amazing friend-duo you don’t wanna miss! The Basics: Names: Lexi Schneider and Katie Hayward READ MORE

How to Make Your Lipstick Last 24/7

By Marlena Hurlbut
May 8, 2014 - 12:00am

Arguably the most iconic piece of makeup, surpassing mascara and eyeliner, is the classic tube of red lipstick. From Marilyn Monroe, to Madonna and beyond, full, red lips have been in style for decades and decades. Just a swipe of color over your lips can give you that extra “umph” to take your daily makeup routine from casual to effortlessly glamorous, no matter the season. While wearing lipstick seems easy to do once you have picked out the right shade and brand, you have to learn how to deal with the wearing, smudging, and fading of the color throughout the day. READ MORE

Demimonde Life

By Katherine Valentino
May 8, 2014 - 12:00am

"Demimonde is a venture that seeks to inspire and draw attention to artistic happenings while intertwining pop culture. Inspired by basic color schemes and contemporary streetwear, each piece seeks to draw inspiration from both the high fashion and street wear backgrounds."  All tees are printed on high quality materials and produced in limited number.   As HC BC girls we love high fashion, but want to be comfy too. That's why the Demimonde line is perfect for us!  READ MORE

Let's Talk About Underwear

By Kelly Mallory
May 8, 2014 - 12:00am

As my mom always says, “Undergarments are everything.” And this piece of wisdom is something I try to remember everyday while getting dressed. Have you ever had the issue of wearing a strapless dress with only a regular bra? Or a backless shirt with the whole back of your bra showing? Or even worse, you don’t know what Spanx are? Here are some underwear accessories that are going to make your wardrobe that much better, and malfunctioning less frequent. Fashion Tape: READ MORE

20% Student Discount at Reed Krakoff of Saks

By Morgan Gibbons
May 7, 2014 - 10:45pm

What better way to celebrate getting through finals as a Boston College underclassmen or college graduation as a BC senior than by being rewarded with a superb discount from an amazing brand?! Personally, this is up there with finishing the semester with a high GPA. Located in Saks Fifth Avenue of Boston, Reed Krakoff is offering a 20% off your entire purchase to graduating or current college students for the entire month of May! That is right, until the 31st of May you are able to show your student id and save on amazing apparel and accessories from such an established and trendy fashion label. This discount is just in time for buying the perfect Graduation dress or an outfit to match to multiple Senior Week activities as well as Mothers's Day....

Why I Loved Student Teaching

By Remy Hassett
May 7, 2014 - 12:00am

7 hours a day. 5 days a week. 15 weeks. 525 hours. That’s how much time I have spent student teaching over the past semester. Most of my days throughout the second semester of my senior year were spent away from Chestnut Hill, from this beautiful campus, and from my friends. But despite my 10pm  bedtime and my morning alarm at 6:15am, I wouldn’t trade this semester for anything, and here’s why! 1. It taught me about the “real world.” READ MORE

BC Hosts NCAA Lax Championship

By Morgan Gibbons
May 7, 2014 - 12:00am

Boston College Women's Lacrosse team is currently in the Number 5/6 spot, which is AWESOME, and this week you can come see them play in the first two rounds of the 2014 NCAA Tournament. The Eagles will play No. 41 Bryant in the second game of the day at 5PM while the first game is No. 9 UMass vs. No. 10 Loyola (MD) at 2PM. The winners from the Round 1 games on Friday (5/9) will then face each other on Sunday (5/11) at 1PM.  READ MORE

Mother's Day

By Morgan Gibbons
May 7, 2014 - 12:00am

Moms are important people in our lives. Honestly we should show our gratitude towards them all year round but if you sometimes get "too busy", today is definitely the day to express your appreciation. For all the phone calls, care packages, concerning texts (whether you wanted them or not), hugs and half of your genetic coding...moms are amazing women.  Whether you are home or still taking finals, make sure you treat your mom like the queen she is. Send her flowers and a quick note, make her a meal, buy or make a nice gift and just spend time with her! Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there and thanks for making us the young adults we are today. READ MORE