Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Archives

Shwayze Concert

By Victoria Moriarty
October 20, 2014 - 5:49pm

Spotted: Our own HC BC member Victoria Moriarty in Shwayze's Instagram picture from the fall concert!  Photo Source:  http://instagram.com/p/uRCfGOnBxl/?modal=true READ MORE

An Icon’s Last Dance: Wendy Whelan

By Ali Rae Hunt
October 20, 2014 - 3:30pm

Wendy Whelan is known throughout the dance community for her clean lines, her dedication to the arts, her mastery of skill and her passion for movement. Outside of the dance community, she is recognized as the prima ballerina. She sells out shows. She livens up the stage. Choreographers from around the world generate movements simply to see Wendy actualize them. She dominates the American ballet scene, and she’s been doing so for three decades. On Saturday, October 18th, Whelan gave her last performance with New York City Ballet, and to no one’s surprise—the show sold out in minutes. READ MORE

The Dos and Don’ts of Guiding a Younger Sibling Through the College Application Process

By Victoria Moriarty
October 20, 2014 - 2:31pm

Anyone who has said that being an older sibling is easy clearly has never been one. There are certainly many benefits of the role: getting to boss around your younger siblings when you play together as young kids and making them get things for you while you lounge on the couch using the reasoning “you’re younger and have more energy than I.” You also get to experience doing everything first, like graduating high school and starting college. However, being the first also means you have a fair share of responsibility in helping your younger siblings when it’s their time to go on college visits and fill out applications. As the older sibling, you’re one of the biggest role models for your younger brother(s) or sister(s), whether they admit it or not....

A Lesson On Candy Corn

By Kathleen Lang
October 20, 2014 - 12:00am

In honor of Halloween rapidly approaching, here is an article dedicated to the season’s most iconic delight: candy corn! Halloween’s favorite candy was first invented by George Renniger, an employee of the Wunderlee Candy Company, around 1880 in Philadelphia. At the turn of the century, the Goelitz Confectionary Company, now Jelly Belly Candy Co., began manufacturing this sweet treat to the masses. Since then, they continually produce the largest amounts of candy corn with the original recipe remaining largely unchanged. READ MORE

Her Campus BC Tailgate

By Katherine Valentino
October 19, 2014 - 1:36pm

Our classy Her Campus BC tailgate before the Clemson game yesterday!  READ MORE

Why You Should Be Watching More Gilmore Girls

By Elaina Gray
October 19, 2014 - 12:00am

Every time you log on to Netflix there is a new show available. The never-ending list of options can be overwhelming, let alone confusing. You think you will like a show, but then you see that Netflix’s “best guess” is only two stars. What is a girl to do? Well I’m here to relieve some anxiety for you, because the best show to watch has arrived – Gilmore Girls. Gilmore Girls not only perfectly understands us, but also teaches us lessons along the way. But if you still are hesitant to start a new show, here are some no brainer reasons why you should start watching right now....

Where Did They Go? Brands That Have Disappeared

By Carrie Margolis
October 19, 2014 - 12:00am

We all know the Project Runway saying, “in fashion, one day you’re in and the next, you’re out.” Though this adage is most commonly used in regard to trends, there have been several cases of brands and retailers that seem to be living up to it as well. I am taking a look at what happened to some that seem to have simply disappeared. Nicole Farhi READ MORE

Lost in Rhode Island

By Christine Kang
October 18, 2014 - 9:57pm

Columbus Day weekend gave me space to recharge and start anew.
As Eric Roth once said, "For what it’s worth: it’s never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. READ MORE

Fall Semester Survival Kit

By Katherine Valentino
October 18, 2014 - 12:00am

It’s finally here! The thing that makes being back at school just a little easier – our Fall Semester Survival Kit! With no exaggeration, the items in our survival kit went as fast as water bottles would in the middle of the desert. The girls were so excited to check out the awesome swag in this year’s kit and they were not disappointed at all! Here are some of the highlights: Chipotle BOGO Cards READ MORE

Weekend Travel Tips

By Kathleen Lang
October 18, 2014 - 12:00am

It is always fun taking advantage of a long weekend to visit friends and family or explore a new place. However, traveling can be exhausting and at times stressful! If you are planning on take trip away from the Heights for the weekend, look towards some of these tips to alleviate some unnecessary anxiety and travel mishaps! Follow these tips below to make your weekend trip easy and stress-free! 1. Do Your Homework In Advance READ MORE