Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Archives

The Tried and True LUSH Products That Are Perfect for You

By Marlena Hurlbut
April 15, 2014 - 3:41am

If you overhear a BC Collegiette say, “Oh my GOD! You HAVE to try this! It’s organic, vegan, smells Ah-Mazing, and it’s SOOO good for your skin,” she is either A) talking about her new obsession with a strictly quinoa or kale diet (you’re not fooling anyone, it doesn’t taste THAT good…) or B) her favorite product from LUSH. For those of you who do not know what LUSH is, allow me to introduce you to your soon-to-be bathing craze since the loofah.  READ MORE

BC Q&A Part II: Senior Asks a Freshman

By Lexie Pereira, Morgan Gibbons
April 15, 2014 - 3:41am

Believe it or not, just four short years ago, each senior was a freshman! One of the coolest seniors I know asked me a few questions to try to find out if anything has changed during the past four years (spoiler: not really!). It is the traditions that make BC so, well… BC! For the freshmen, it’s comforting knowing that the “big kids” went through the same experiences we are now going through. For the seniors, I imagine it’s nice having a little reminder of what it was like to be a clueless freshman…and that BC won’t be changing any time too soon! READ MORE

Fashion Feature: Goodbye Parkas!

By Paige Marino
April 15, 2014 - 12:00am

Name: Lauren Bly Class Year: A&S, 2015 Major: English "I'm celebrating the first day that I don't have to wear a parka." READ MORE

Meet Cutie Mike Rosella!

By Molly Saint
April 15, 2014 - 12:00am

Meet Mike Rosella, UGBC Senator and all around great guy.  Check out his witty questionnaire and say remember to say hey if you see him walking around campus!   THE BASICS: Name: Mike Rosella Hometown: Cedar Grove, New Jersey School/Year: A&S, 2015 Major: Political Science & Communication BC LIFE: READ MORE

How to Look Your Best on Easter Sunday

By Kate Stento
April 15, 2014 - 12:00am

The Easter holiday is right around the corner. If you are anything like me, you’re probably already planning out what cute spring outfit you will wear on Easter Sunday. Whether you are going to mass as a family or an Easter luncheon with friends, it’s important that you look your absolute best. Here are some fashion tips that guarantee a weather appropriate, fashionable and edgy outfit that you can enjoy showing off to your family and friends. The “Classic” Easter Look Perhaps the most popular look on Easter is the “Easter dress.” This dress is usually pastel or “spring” inspired in its color, with floral and colorful prints. READ MORE

How the T Helped Me Grow

By Shannon Motyka
April 15, 2014 - 12:00am

It’s Sunday morning.  I wake up, look around the room, head throbbing and realize that maybe last night I had one drink too many.  Stay calm, I tell myself.  But really there’s no need to panic, I’m safe and really that’s all that matters.  I reluctantly reach under my pillow to pull out my phone that usually spends the night under the safety of my own head, knowing deep down that it would be a miracle if it were there. I retract my hand with no phone in sight.  Damn, I guess a miracle isn’t in my favor today.  READ MORE

Take an Outdoor Adventure!

By Katie Tedesco
April 14, 2014 - 12:00am

We may be the “University of Chestnut Hill,” but for all intents and purposes, we live in a city. It’s a beautiful thing. It means we can get pizza at 2am or walk around on a Saturday and run into a random parade or festival or group of people giving out free stuff. All the best shopping is no more than a short T ride away, and good restaurants are even closer. Cities are pretty great, and let’s face it: Boston is the best. READ MORE

How Does Hoodie Allen Compare to Other Schools' Concerts?

By Erin Fitzpatrick
April 14, 2014 - 12:00am

After rumors flew about Hoodie Allen being this year’s Modstock artist, the singer himself announced it on Twitter- only it was a little premature. UGBC still has not confirmed Hoodie as this year’s performance, although he seemed confident of it through his tweets. After this leak of information, BC students have mixed feelings about this artist for Modstock. To see how our spring concert compares, I looked at other college’s concerts for this year: READ MORE

Happy International Moment of Laughter Day!

By Morgan Gibbons
April 14, 2014 - 12:00am

We are all guilty of getting in that Monday mood, when the weekend seems so far away and we are already nostalgic of the past two mornings when we could sleep in. Especially this Monday, when Easter break is on the horizon and we are so close to a much-anticipated Marathon Monday, you may be feeling particularly despondent. Well STOP with the SADNESS, because today, April 14th is International Moment of Laughter Day! Yes, there is a holiday for this! As someone who loves to laugh and tries to find any reason to celebrate, I encourage you to embrace today with a positive spirit. READ MORE

How to Keep in Touch Over the Summer

By Elizabeth LeRoux
April 14, 2014 - 12:00am

Honestly, once April arrived, I found myself obsessing over summer. Every thought of mine goes something like this:  It’s appropriate to say that I am completely preoccupied with thoughts of beaches, a severe lack of responsibility, and road trips. These thoughts, combined with the increasingly beautiful weather, are really hindering my motivation to do any schoolwork whatsoever. READ MORE