Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Archives

Flash Tats: A Love Hate Relationship

By Claire Larson
October 25, 2014 - 12:00am

My first encounter with Flash Tats began this past summer when I was strolling through a local boutique with the young girl I nannied.  They were giving them away for free in order to promote this supposed new trend. Originally thinking them to be tacky, I declined imprinting my body with the little gold anchor that the saleswoman insisted would be “super cute,” but when the girl I nannied pressed upon it as well, I felt I had no choice.  For the next week and a half, my wrist was discretely adorned with my first Flash Tat. READ MORE

Little Miss Perfect: The Struggle with Imperfection

By Blake Acquarulo
October 24, 2014 - 9:24pm

From our earliest days on this planet, we are expected to be perfect. As little girls, we would sip imaginary tea out of our plastic teacups and fantasize about our perfect wedding to our perfect prince charming. When we began attending school, we would do our absolute best to get perfect grades and to be the highest, the best, the exemplary one in everything we did. It was always about being 100% right and the best at everything we did whether it was our dance recitals, sports, school, or friendships; there was also pressure to be “Little Miss Perfect.” READ MORE

Rainy Day Cure

By Niloufar Abae
October 24, 2014 - 9:10pm

Rainy day cure: manicures! READ MORE

Women in Tech: A Story Slam

By Carrie Margolis
October 24, 2014 - 12:00am

Women in Tech: A Story Slam LaunchSquad invites you to join a panel of women in the tech community as they tell their professional stories in slam style. This is a great, free (with an option to donate) opportunity to hear directly from women in Boston’s tech community. And it’s for a great cause; all proceeds will go to Science Club for Girls. The talk will take place on Monday, October 27th from 7pm-9pm at the Microsoft New England Reasearch and Development Center (1 Memorial Dr #1, Cambridge, MA 02142). Source: READ MORE...

GA + WeWork Present Ladies Lounge: Brand (21+)

By Carrie Margolis
October 24, 2014 - 12:00am

GA + WeWork Present Ladies Lounge: Brand As part of their monthly Ladies Lounge series, General Assembly + WeWork invites you to an event all about Brand. Come and learn from influential women entrepreneurs all about how to build a brand identity. The talk will take place on Tuesday, October 28th from 6pm-8pm in the Fort Point Lounge (355 Congress St, Boston, MA 02210). This is a great opportunity to gain free insight from a Boston professional about branding. Register Here....

Fall Fest

By Carrie Margolis
October 24, 2014 - 12:00am

Fall Fest The Sophomore Leadership Council is hosting Fall Fest on Wednesday, October 29th from 12pm-4pm. The event will take place right in O’Neill Plaza. There will be pumpkin carving, music, treats, hay, and more! Enjoy some fun fall festivities for free and get yourself into the Halloween mood! For more information check out the event Facebook page.   READ MORE

Halloween Crawl by Crawl in Boston

By Carrie Margolis
October 24, 2014 - 12:00am

Halloween Crawl by Crawl in Boston When: November 1, 12-7 PM  Where: Faneuil Hall READ MORE

Where Do You Want To Be Ten Years From Now?

By Gabby Alleyne
October 24, 2014 - 12:00am

Whether you’re a senior hunting for jobs, a junior searching for an internship, a sophomore lost in the world, or a freshman trying to figure out how to navigate Lower, we’re all thinking about the future at BC. While we’re often told to live in the moment and experience the present, it’s hard not to look into the future when a) it is necessary and b) everyone else is doing it. Although thinking about the future temporarily removes you from the present, it is also a responsible choice. How can we improve and move forward if we’re not a bit forward thinking to begin with? READ MORE

Crazy for Shwayze: Homecoming Concert Recap

By Victoria Moriarty
October 24, 2014 - 12:00am

College is known to be a time when you find out who you truly are and what you’re passionate about. During these four years, you’re required to ask yourself a multitude of questions about what it is you really want, and what you are going to do to get it. But one question I did not expect to have to ask myself is “how long would I would be willing to wait in the basement of Lyons Hall to meet one of my favorite artists?” The time to ask that question did come, however, Thursday, October 16th, when I waited outside the Rat for about three hours before the homecoming concert starring the rapper Shwayze to ensure that I would be first in line and that I would get a chance to meet him. As a fiercely loyal fan since 2008, I was definitely NOT disappointed....

Pumpkin Festival Turns Chaotic

By Shannon Motyka
October 23, 2014 - 10:26pm

After reading many articles online, watching news coverage on local channels, and seeing coverage at the national level from frequently visited websites like MTV News, I still can’t help but wonder how a family-friendly pumpkin festival honoring the harvest and spirit of fall turned into an all-night drunken riot. For those of you who have not heard of this incident, over the weekend in Keene, NH the annual Pumpkin Festival was held for the 24th year. The idea behind the festival is to celebrate the spirit of Halloween and to capture the most Jack-O’-Lanterns in one place at a time. The hope is to beat the record of the year before, which in this case meant over 30,000 pumpkins in one city.  READ MORE...