Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Archives

Meet Campus School Volunteer Coordinator Sean Schofield!!

By Meghan Gibbons
May 9, 2014 - 12:00am

For anyone that is familiar with the Campus School and the Student Volunteers, you are sure to have had the opportunity to work with one of the most kind, warm-hearted and dedicated people of the program. No this is not a student, or a teacher of the Campus School. It is Sean Schofield, who has been the Volunteer Coordinator for the Boston College Campus School Volunteers for the past 13 years. READ MORE

Fashion Feature: Let's Go Sox!

By Kelsey Damassa
May 9, 2014 - 12:00am

Names: Kelsey Damassa, Remy Hassett, Hannah Duffy, Kate Steele, Nicole Snapper "We celebrated the end of finals by going to a Red Sox game and the best part was that the Sox won!"   READ MORE

How to Pack a Survival Purse For The Office

By Nina Tehranian
May 9, 2014 - 12:00am

Are you entering into a job or internship that you are thinking “oh my god, I am not ready/mature/smart enough for this real world thing they call work”? Yes, this is a scary idea. You’re entering the jungle that is any new work place. There are so many little things that keep you up at night tossing and turning. Whether you are trying to act like an adult for an internship or if you are really going for it as a graduating senior and about to enter the real world, you will be spending endless hours most likely doing some kind of grunt work in your job. You’re going to be spending countless hours learning the ropes. READ MORE

Dear "That Knot" in My BC Senior Stomach

By Morgan Gibbons
May 8, 2014 - 12:00am

Dear “That Knot in my Stomach,” You first appeared at the beginning of September when I realized this was my last time moving into a Boston College dorm, but easily dissipated as I was relieved to have finally settled in, be on the top of the totem pole and easily welcomed into my friends’ Mods. Then the “lasts” started rolling in: Last Homecoming, Last Halloween, Last home football game…you get the picture. I could feel the tears welling up, but tried to not let them flow. READ MORE

Meet Campus Cuties Lexi and Katie!

By Alli Hess
May 8, 2014 - 12:00am

Meet Campus Cuties Lexi Schneider and Katie Hayward! They’re on PULSE Council together—a fun and passionate community of 18 students who care about social justice issues and dedicate themselves to the PULSE service-learning program at BC! When Lexi and Katie aren’t saving the world from injustices, they can be seen hanging out in the PULSE office together or eating mango sorbet (or at least that’s Lexi). They’re an amazing friend-duo you don’t wanna miss! The Basics: Names: Lexi Schneider and Katie Hayward READ MORE

Last Minute Ways to Boost Your Grades

By Paige Marino
May 8, 2014 - 12:00am

Disclaimer: This is meant to be a piece of satire. If you follow any of this advice, you will probably get an even worse grade and everyone will hate being around you. With that warning, my conscience is clear. Read on at your own risk. Honestly, school is really difficult. There are books and papers and reading and classes. Gross. That’s why it is so easy to lose track of how bad your grades are until it’s practically too late! But don’t worry, there is always time to bring your grades back up. Follow these tips and you are basically assured an easy A. Complain a lot, to everyone READ MORE

How to Make Your Lipstick Last 24/7

By Marlena Hurlbut
May 8, 2014 - 12:00am

Arguably the most iconic piece of makeup, surpassing mascara and eyeliner, is the classic tube of red lipstick. From Marilyn Monroe, to Madonna and beyond, full, red lips have been in style for decades and decades. Just a swipe of color over your lips can give you that extra “umph” to take your daily makeup routine from casual to effortlessly glamorous, no matter the season. While wearing lipstick seems easy to do once you have picked out the right shade and brand, you have to learn how to deal with the wearing, smudging, and fading of the color throughout the day. READ MORE

Demimonde Life

By Katherine Valentino
May 8, 2014 - 12:00am

"Demimonde is a venture that seeks to inspire and draw attention to artistic happenings while intertwining pop culture. Inspired by basic color schemes and contemporary streetwear, each piece seeks to draw inspiration from both the high fashion and street wear backgrounds."  All tees are printed on high quality materials and produced in limited number.   As HC BC girls we love high fashion, but want to be comfy too. That's why the Demimonde line is perfect for us!  READ MORE

Let's Talk About Underwear

By Kelly Mallory
May 8, 2014 - 12:00am

As my mom always says, “Undergarments are everything.” And this piece of wisdom is something I try to remember everyday while getting dressed. Have you ever had the issue of wearing a strapless dress with only a regular bra? Or a backless shirt with the whole back of your bra showing? Or even worse, you don’t know what Spanx are? Here are some underwear accessories that are going to make your wardrobe that much better, and malfunctioning less frequent. Fashion Tape: READ MORE

20% Student Discount at Reed Krakoff of Saks

By Morgan Gibbons
May 7, 2014 - 10:45pm

What better way to celebrate getting through finals as a Boston College underclassmen or college graduation as a BC senior than by being rewarded with a superb discount from an amazing brand?! Personally, this is up there with finishing the semester with a high GPA. Located in Saks Fifth Avenue of Boston, Reed Krakoff is offering a 20% off your entire purchase to graduating or current college students for the entire month of May! That is right, until the 31st of May you are able to show your student id and save on amazing apparel and accessories from such an established and trendy fashion label. This discount is just in time for buying the perfect Graduation dress or an outfit to match to multiple Senior Week activities as well as Mothers's Day....