Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Archives

Simple Ways to Stay Fit & Healthy at BC

By Jacqueline Guerrero
September 26, 2014 - 12:00am

Before you fall into any nasty habits, I wanted to give you some easy ways to stay fit and healthy while attending Boston College. Stairs There is one thing that the BC campus definitely has and that’s stairs upon stairs upon stairs. Although you might think of them as a burden, try to think of it as an extra workout that is going to give you Gisele Bundchen legs. Next time you’re headed for the garage elevator or waiting in line in the morning to try to catch the next Maloney elevator, just say, “no.” Take the stairs. READ MORE

An Open Letter to the Gold Pass

By Kelly Mallory
September 26, 2014 - 12:00am

Dear BC Gold Pass,             Come on. Since when is it ok to demand that students go to sporting events that don’t particularly pertain to their interests? If I don’t have the time, or the capacity, to attend a men’s soccer game, for example, then I shouldn’t be penalized for those “coveted” points. The point system you have is a vicious, vicious cycle. If I don’t have enough points to attend a certain game, then I’ll lose those potential points from said game and therefore lack points to go to a different game. It’s MADNESS. READ MORE

Madewell + Her Campus BC

By Alana Dolan
September 25, 2014 - 11:02am

You deserve a study break.

Join us for a night of sips, treats, and one-on-one styling sessions. Plus enjoy a one time only discount of 20% off your entire purchase with your BC ID. Also enjoy complimentary hair styling by BeStyled and makeup by Sephora.

Date: Thursday September 25th

Time: 6pm-9pm

Where: Madewell at The Mall at Chestnut Hill, 199 Boylston Street, Chestnut Hill MA, 02467
  READ MORE

Meet Campus Cutie, RJ Rescigno!

By Gabby Alleyne
September 25, 2014 - 9:50am

Meet Campus Cutie RJ Rescigno, a senior in A&S. This adorable guy can be found around campus admiring Carney (but actually), listening to the newest music, and hanging out in his suite in Voute or in the mods. He’s a fun-loving, kind-hearted soul with an affinity for all things silly and cute. The Basics Name: RJ Rescigno Hometown: Gladstone, New Jersey School/Year: A&S, 2015 Major: Economics   READ MORE

Chocolate Bar Lights

By Meaghan Leahy
September 25, 2014 - 9:45am

Lights in the Chocolate Bar from the second floor. READ MORE

Fall Lipstick Trends

By Molly Saint
September 25, 2014 - 12:00am

Shopping for fall can get expensive. Between the new trends and the old staples that need an upgrade in your closet, it can cost a fortune just to feel like you’ve switched up your look. Enter makeup, particularly lipstick: the perfect game changer. On trend lip color doesn’t have to be expensive, but it can instantly feel fresh and new. Especially in college, daytime lip color is unexpected and fun.  Here are ten lipsticks that are totally worth a shot this semester. READ MORE

What to Order at Starbucks if You Don’t Drink Coffee

By Lisamarie DiOrio
September 25, 2014 - 12:00am

If you’re like me, then when you say you don’t drink coffee, all your friends gasp in amazement. Starbucks runs used to terrify me; I felt like everything was in another language and I had no idea what to order. After a few years of practice, I’ve finally nailed the whole Starbucks thing, and I’ve got the perfect drinks to order if you don’t like coffee! Frappuccinos READ MORE

Meet the Minds Behind Orgo Made Simple

By Molly Saint
September 24, 2014 - 11:08am

Do you know what’s really stressful?  Organic Chemistry.  Do you know what is really great?  The five BC students who created Orgo Made Simple, a free resource that will help BC students (and other students around the country) sift through the difficult and often confusing material that accompanies Organic Chemistry classes.  Did we mention that it is free? READ MORE

Thoughts People Have During Really Boring Classes

By Paige Marino
September 24, 2014 - 1:45am

As the excitement of being back on campus starts to fade, it’s inevitable that some things are going to get boring. Unfortunately, for most of us, the first thing to go is class. Classes can be exciting, but if you get the wrong professor or subject, they can be dreadful. Here are some thoughts that are bound to go through any girl’s head as she tries to make it through a particularly boring class. 1. “This class is so boring.” 2. “I’m actually not sure I’m going to be able to keep my eyes open.” 3. “What would happen if I fell asleep right now?” 4. “That would be so awkward.” 5. “What is the professor even saying?” 6. “I need a manicure.” READ MORE

All Things Fluff

By Ali Rae Hunt
September 24, 2014 - 12:00am

Fall is just around the corner here at BC, and I can’t imagine a better way to kick off everyone’s favorite season than with a big, fluffy coat. We surround ourselves with all things fluff all the time – feather pillows, faux fur blankets and puppies galore (even if it’s just following a golden retriever account on Instagram).  Aren’t we all just trying to feel warm and fuzzy inside and out? READ MORE