Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

BC Archives

Easter Traditions from Around the World

By Shannon Louie
April 19, 2014 - 12:00am

With Easter coming up, we can look forward to many of the traditions we practice today in America: hunting for candy-filled eggs, eating chocolate bunnies, decorating eggs, going to church, etc. While these customs are widely practiced across America, the origins and variations extend beyond our borders, rooted in cultures from overseas. Additionally, people of various nationalities observe the Christian holiday in their own unique ways contributing to a diverse Easter celebration in America. READ MORE

Easter Sunday

By Morgan Gibbons
April 18, 2014 - 12:20am

Easter Sunday When: Sunday, April 20th Where: All over the World   After the 40 Days of Lent, Christians all over the world celebrate Easter with their families and parishes on Sunday. Each sect of Christianity has their own tradition and many families join in prayer, song and worship during a Easter Sunday Mass celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ. After Church, children (and people of all ages, to be honest) love to have Easter brunch, Easter egg hunts, dying of Easter eggs and sharing of Easter baskets and candy. However you celebrate your Easter Sunday, make sure you are spending it with those who are close to you and the day is full of faith and fun and lots of chocolate eggs and jelly beans!   READ MORE...

Boston Red Sox v. Yankees

By Morgan Gibbons
April 18, 2014 - 12:12am

Boston Red Sox v. Yankees When: Tuesday April 22nd-Thursday April 24th Where: Fenway Park Cost: Tickets available at www.redsox.com and other Ticket Sales Sites   READ MORE

On Nose Jobs and Beauty and Stuff Like That

By Maddie Schmitz
April 18, 2014 - 12:00am

When I was younger, I was convinced that I was going to get a nose job.  I told people matter-of-factly that one day I was going to have to go under the knife and get some new nostrils.  The thing was, though, I wasn’t being totally ridiculous.  Though I like to think that I’ve grown into my nose, at the age of 13 it was probably too big for my face.  Other kids who were determined to be d-bags would remind me that the nose is a human feature that never ceases to increase in size.  I imagined myself, thirty, with a nose taking up half my face; I would have to get a nose job.  There was no alternative. READ MORE

Fashion Feature: Mother Knows Best

By Shannon Louie
April 18, 2014 - 12:00am

Name: Will Hennessy Class Year: CSOM, 2017 Major: Undecided "My mom buys my clothes.” Are you BC's budding fashionista that has yet to be discovered? Do you know someone on campus with amazing style? Send us a pic and you (or someone you know) might just be featured on our Style Blog! All submissions can be sent to kelseydamassa@hercampus.com. Be sure to include the person's name, class year, major, and a quote about their style. READ MORE

Rules of Going to a Random Party

By Christina Leme
April 18, 2014 - 12:00am

So we’ve all been there: it’s a Saturday night and the one thing on your social agenda is a friend of a friend’s party. You kind of cringe at the thought because you know you’re going to get there and simply not know anybody. You’ll recognize the familiar faces but you won’t know who to talk to. And although your friends have made the proper introductions, you know you’ll still feel weird grasping your half empty drink and pretending to space out. Here are some rules on getting by at a random party: READ MORE

How Reading Improved My Running

By Meaghan Leahy
April 18, 2014 - 12:00am

My boyfriend handed me the blue and yellow book in September, telling me it would motivate me to train for my upcoming half marathon in October. I laughed and said I would get to it eventually, promptly stuffing the paperback in my desk drawer, never to be heard from again. Come April, the scuffed-up pages were calling my name and I finally relented to finishing my task. I figured, the marathon was coming up and I could really use the inspiration, even though I had stopped training. I had fallen out of my workout routine and fallen into a state of stagnant unhappiness. READ MORE

Marathon Monday

By Morgan Gibbons
April 18, 2014 - 12:00am

Marathon Monday When: Monday April 21st, ALL DAY Where: Hopkinton to Copley! READ MORE

BC Theatre Department Presents: “The Drowsy Chaperone”

By Morgan Gibbons
April 18, 2014 - 12:00am

BC Theatre Department Presents: “The Drowsy Chaperone” When Wednesday April 23rd- Sunday April 27th Where: Robsham Theater, BC Campus Cost: Tickets available on Robsham's Website   READ MORE

Boston Marathon Anniversary Blood Drive

By Morgan Gibbons
April 18, 2014 - 12:00am

Boston Marathon Anniversary Blood Drive When: Tuesday, April 22nd-Friday, April 25th  11 AM- 5 PM Where: Conte Forum, Boston College Campus   Join the American Red Cross of Boston College during the biggest blood drive in BC’s history! BC’s Boston Marathon blood drive will be one of four special drives in the state of Massachusetts that are being held this year to commemorate the anniversary of the events that took place during last year’s Boston Marathon; there will be no better way to commemorate the events than by donating your blood and possibly see Boston hero Officer Dic Donohue who will be at the drive. READ MORE