Announcing the 3rd Annual HC BC Halloween Costume Contest!!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

It’s that time of year again. You know – the time of year when a pumpkin is found on every porch, leaves crinkle and crunch with every step you take, and kids of all ages excitedly await the arrival of October 31st… Halloween.

While we are all technically adults now, that doesn’t mean we can’t participate in the haunted happenings of Halloweekend. Trick or treating probably is out of the question (let’s save the candy for the little kids), but dressing up for a night…or two… or three is totally acceptable. If the parents from Hocus Pocus were able to rock some pretty awesome costumes, then BC collegiettes can, too!

So, we want you to show us what you’ve got. Enter our 3rd annual HC BC Halloween Costume Contest for a chance to win swag from ’47 Brand and be featured on the HC BC website. There will be five categories and a winner will be chosen from each. Send us group photos, dynamic duo photos, and individual photos – we want to see EVERYTHING. Just remember to dress with respect this Halloween. We like to keep it classy here at HC BC.

Entering is simple. Starting today, email your costume pictures to morgangibbons@hercampus.com along with your name, class year, and a description of your costume. The contest will run until 8 p.m. on Sunday, November 3rd. Winners will be selected that night and announced on the HC BC site first thing Monday morning.

Let’s make this the best HC BC costume contest yet, so get pumped, get creative, and get all of your BC friends involved! If you need a little inspiration, check out our winners from the past two years as well as the 2011 runners-up and the 2012 runners-up.

2011 Costume Contest Winners

2012 Costume Contest Winners

Photo Sources:

http://blogs.disney.com/oh-my-…

Kelsey Damassa is in her senior year at Boston College, majoring in Communications and English. She is a native of Connecticut and frequents New York City like it is her job. On campus, she is the Campus Correspondent for the Boston College branch of Her Campus. She also teaches group fitness classes at the campus gym (both Spinning and Pump It Up!) and is an avid runner. She has run five half-marathons as well as the Boston Marathon. In her free time, Kelsey loves to bake (cupcakes anyone?), watch Disney movies, exercise, read any kind of novel with a Starbucks latte in hand, and watch endless episodes of "Friends" or "30 Rock."