This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Do you suffer from eyebrow envy? I know I do. When I see a girl with impeccably groomed eyebrows, I can’t help but let her know how fierce they are. Eyebrows set in motion the entire tone of your face. I did not fill in my eyebrows until this past fall semester and it has impacted my life immensely… seriously! As a relatively new person to grooming my eyebrows, here are some tips and tricks I’ve learned as well as some products I’ve discovered throughout this year.

I am sure that most of you may have gone through a phase in which you had small, skinny, overplucked eyebrows. Or maybe you have yet to tame your brows, letting them grow as bushy as Mother Nature gave to you. I was in the second category – the first (and only) time I had my eyebrows waxed was last year. I (finally) got them waxed at a salon, which helped me learn guidelines for when I pluck them myself. From that point, the shape was easy to repeat. In terms of shaping them, I believe Youtuber Kandee Johnson has a great tutorial to help you get the perfect look!

The first product I would like to talk about is Tweezerman tweezers. Although they are a bit pricy, I swear they work much better than drugstore varieties. My favorite tweezers that they make has pointy tips at the end, which makes it easier to grab smaller eyebrow hairs. Tweezerman also collaborates with designers from time to time, so you can always find a colorful set of tweezers! Tweezerman also provides free sharpening to their tweezers that have become dull over time with normal use. It’s like getting an entirely new pair!

The second necessary product is an eyebrow pencil/powder. My favorite pencil I’ve tried is Le Crayon Poudre from Lancôme. This is a soft brow pencil, which makes filling in eyebrows easy. There is also a spooley end to the brush to comb through your filled in brows to set the shape. My favorite brow powder recently has been the NYX brow duo, which at around $6 is a complete steal. It comes with a small brush and spooley grooming brush, two different brow shades, and a setting wax.

The third must-have product is clear mascara to set your brows. I don’t believe you need to shell out your money for a proper eyebrow gel, especially one that’s clear since they can be overpriced. My favorite clear mascara is Maybelline’s Great Lash mascara in the clear formula. I run this over my brows to keep not only the brow shape but also maintain the color I have applied with my pencil or powder. After this step your brow look is complete!

Now you’re ready to tame those brows!

Photo Sources:

Ulta.com

Tweezerman.com

http://www.kandeej.com/2011/02/how-to-tweeze-trim-shape-eyebrows-for.html

http://www.cameocollege.com/

I'm a girl from BC who likes to do things. That's all.
Meghan Gibbons is a double major in Communications and Political Science in her senior year at Boston College. Although originally from New Jersey, she is a huge fan of all Boston sports! Along with her at Boston College is her identical twin, who she always enjoys playing twin pranks with. Meghan is a huge foodie, book worm and beach bum