The 9 Best Things About the Boohoo STYLE SQUAD Coming to BC!

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Love fashion? Love being ahead of the curve (and the trendsetter of your group) when it comes to the latest cutting-edge brands and clothing stores? If so, then you’re in luck, because Her Campus is bringing you one of the best-kept secrets from across the pond: Collegiettes, say hello to boohoo, the crazy-popular, British online clothing retailer and global fashion leader of its generation!

With a style-savvy going out collection boohoo Night, fashion-forward menswear range boohoo MAN and a new plus-size line , boohoo’s fun, fresh and youthful vibe has something for everyone, from the self-described fashionista to the self-styled trendsetter. And if that’s not enough to entice you, there are up to 100 pieces hitting boohoo.com every day and a new trend launching each week, so you’ll never have to be seen wearing the same thing twice. And did we mention that these cutting-edge fashions are incredibly affordable? Perfect for the collegiette who wants to look chic on a budget!

Hooked yet? Of course you are—what’s not to like? And now you have an opportunity to be a part of the international movement with the fall launch of a brand ambassador program called the boohoo STYLE SQUAD at 15 campuses across the United States, including BC!

Just in case you need a bit more convincing about why you should apply to be a boohoo STYLE SQUAD member (although, let’s be honest, you probably don’t need any more convincing!) we’ve narrowed down the nine most irresistible reasons to add “brand ambassador” to your already-amazing resume.

1. You’ll get to be an integral part of influencing on-campus style and trends.

You’ve always wanted to be the next Carrie Bradshaw or Serena van der Woodsen; why not start now? The only thing better than being the first of your friends to hear about the latest trend is being the first on your entire campus to hear about it—and then start a movement! By being a boohoo brand ambassador, you’ll get to bring the newest fashions directly from across the pond to BC and receive awesome perks just for being the trendsetter you are at heart.

2. Your role as a boohoo STYLE SQUAD ambassador will reflect your skills and interests…

The boohoo STYLE SQUAD program knows that no two collegiettes are the same, and that’s why it’s offering two different positions to suit your particular skill set and passions, while encouraging teamwork to generate awareness of boohoo and drive sales of boohoo.com product.

3. …whether you’re a social media and marketing maven…

If your Instagram is your pride and joy and your Snapchat masterpieces are second to none, then the role of social media/marketing manager is for you. In this position, you’ll mange and promote social media accounts specific to your school, organize giveaways, implement strategic marketing initiatives, work with Her Campus chapters to build further awareness, and participate in extra credit challenges for the chance to win amazing prizes.

4. …or a PR and event-planning guru.

If you live for planning family vacations or your best friend’s 21st birthday party and love coordinating people and events, then the role of PR/event manager was made for you. In this position, you’ll work with Her Campus to host on-campus events, cultivate relationships with campus media outlets, distribute promotional materials and products, and participate in extra credit challenges for the chance to win amazing prizes, too!

5. There are perks galore!

Getting free clothes and exclusive discounts is every collegiette’s dream, and as a part of the boohoo STYLE SQUAD, that dream is a reality! Your perks will include a monthly shopping credit on boohoo.com to stock up on the latest trends, free boohoo-branded swag, exclusive seasonal discounts, the opportunity to win amazing prizes and, of course, the incredible experience of working with the U.K.’s leading fashion brand.

6. The monthly extra credit challenges (and rewards) are out of this world.

The monthly challenges required of all STYLE SQUAD members will help determine which brand ambassador team will receive extra rewards or even a summer internship in boohoo’s NYC office (cue fainting), a dedicated feature in StyleFix Magazine, or an all-expenses-paid trip to Miami to help shoot boohoo.com’s new TV fashion segment! The challenges can involve anything from social media to themed events to snapping your on-campus style, all of which offer unique prizes to the campus with the highest-performing boohoo STYLE SQUAD duo. And duh, you know that will be you!

7. The boohoo STYLE SQUAD program is located all over the country and is growing.

The initial program launch this fall will take place in all corners of the United States on 15 different campuses, including San Francisco State, New York University, University of Maryland, Tulane University, University of Pennsylvania, Boston College, Emory University, University of Illinois – Chicago, American University and University of Pittsburgh, with plenty more schools in the works! We know BC’s group will be the best (of course!), but it’s good to know you’ll be in good (and growing) company!

8. Being a brand ambassador looks amazing on a résumé.

Not only does “brand ambassador” sound super fancy, but your experience with social media managing, brand marketing and product distribution will also definitely look impressive on your resumé. Also, your experience with collaborating with on-campus media outlets and Her Campus BC to organize events and campaigns will be an awesome talking point for future interviews!

9. It’s unbelievably easy to apply!

To apply to be a part of the boohoo STYLE SQUAD, you have to be enrolled in a four-year college program, have a GPA of 3.0 or higher and be able to participate for a minimum of one school year and dedicate 5-10 hours each week to the program. Of course, collegiettes who don’t take fashion (or life!) too seriously and adore boohoo.com (and all things fashion) are ideal candidates!

For more details about the boohoo STYLE SQUAD program and to apply to be an ambassador, check out the application!

Sophie Dodd

Middlebury

Sophie is currently a senior at Middlebury College in (very) rural Vermont and loves it. In addition to majoring in English and double minoring in Classics and Film, Sophie loves watching makeup tutorials, buying magazines in bulk, obsessively repainting her nails and catching up on The Vampire Diaries. Oh, and she's completely obsessed with Christmas, coffee, and her two kittens, Luna and Zuzu.