You will always be in our heart – Rest In Peace James

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bates chapter.
This week was filled with our memories of our dear beloved friend, James Jhun ’16, who passed away last Sunday, January 17th. For those who may not have known him, James was an extraordinary person. Many can attest to his musical talent as his gift as a singer can be seen in his performances as a Maniac Optimist member and his skills as a musician can be seen in as a trumpet player in the Bates Jazz Band. In addition to his talent, he had spent a lot of time cultivating the relationships around him. Not only was he kind to others, but he always went out of his way to help out a friend. He has touched the hearts of many through creating many memories filled with laughter. Many of his close friends will carry these memories with them forever in their hearts.

The passing of James brought together the sense of community that makes Bates so special. While not everybody may have had an encounter with James, it is likely that everyone has a mutual friend that knew of James. The support from Bates faculty and students was overwhelming, but necessary, in this time of need. As a friend of James, I am very grateful for the constant support from the Bates community, as it has certainly helped me get through this time of suffering.   
James was a very gifted person, and he has brought many positive vibes to many lives. James, thank you so much for being such a sweet, humble, kind and lovely human being.You will always be in our heart. Rest in Peace my friend, James.