New England Winter Shoes/Coats Essentials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bates chapter.

Winter is fast approaching and with temperatures already reaching their 20s Fahrenheit, I am already breaking out my winter clothes and gloves. If you are like me and came to New England with no preparation of winter essentials, here is a list of excellent brands of coats and boots that will keep you cozy and dry for the frozen tundra that is winter in New England. These will link you to their respective home sites, however it may be beneficial and cost effective to consider third-party sites for these brands, such as Amazon, Macys, Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, or Saks Fifth Avenue.

Coats:

1. Canada Goose
  2. Patagonia
  3. Columbia
  4. L.L. Bean
  5. Northface
  6. Vineyard Vines
  7. Moncler

Boots:

1. L.L. Bean Boots
  2. Doc Martens
  3. Timberlands
  4. Uggs
  5. Hunters
  6. Northface
  7. Sorel

On a personal note, I highly recommend L.L. Bean, just because they have an awesome lifetime guarantee policy. However, these brands all have a prime reputation, so you can trust that what you are buying is worth the money. It is recommended to go in stores to try on the coats/shoes, however being located in Lewiston, Maine, these stores are not nearby. If you are also on the same boat (haha, boat… as in boat shoes, get it?), then take into consideration if the sites offer free returns or exchanges. Happy shopping!