This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bates chapter.

LinkedIn is one of the best ways to keep your professional network. Most of all, when it comes to job or internship hunting, it is the most useful social media. Here are few LinkedIn tips for you:

1.Profile Photo

Everything begins with your profile, and profile photo is one of the first things that will make the first impression. Upload nice and appropriate image for your profile photo. 

2. Reach out!

LinkedIn provides a professional social network service. You don’t have to be shy. According to LinkedIn, “Networking is crucial for your career, but people tend to transform from social butterflies in their personal worlds to flies on the wall in their professional spheres.” LinkedIn group is a great method to build your connection and reputation. Use and exchange useful resources with your professional connections. 

3. Quality over quantity

According to LinkedIn, “Think about building a quality network of professionals you know, respect and can vouch for you.” It is not about how many people you have in your network. Try to strengthen your connection!

4.Get a custom URL

You can customize your URL. According to TheMuse, it makes everything much easier to publicize your information with a customized URL that includes your name than the combination of random numbers and letters that LinkedIn automatically assigns when you sign up.